Greasy Lake Community

The 2013/14 LFC thread.......... mid-table here we come?

Joadboy

Bring on the Dunkin Donuts money....lets buy a defence

Merseyside derby next up.

I dont fancy it! Everton look good.

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

big 4 drawn against each other in next round of cup

Manchester City v Chelsea

Sheffield United or Fulham v Nottingham Forest or Preston North End

Arsenal v Liverpool

Brighton & Hove Albion v Hull City

Cardiff City v Wigan Athletic

Sheffield Wednesday v Charlton Athletic

Sunderland v Southampton

Everton v Swansea City

glorious game and of course i didnt get a chance to watch or tape it...

And boy, did I choose the wrong game to work late................

It's now, with a few injuries, Everton are getting found out. Very good first team but no depth.

In fact Liverpool's problem until, it appears, this season.

Miserable twat though he is, Brendan is doing an ok job.

Favourite game for a long, long time. Didn't really have enough recovery time when Sturridge scored his second and came close to vomiting through over celebrating.

Looks like we've bid for this Ukrainian fella..

It's now, with a few injuries, Everton are getting found out. Very good first team but no depth.

Agreed, but they can still do some damage to other top four contenders.

Lukaku is only out for "weeks" and Manu dont visit Goodison until April

Regarding your second comment, plenty of LFC fans (including a few on this forum) still think the squad is threadbare.

Favourite game for a long, long time. Didn't really have enough recovery time when Sturridge scored his second and came close to vomiting through over celebrating.

Looks like we've bid for this Ukrainian fella..

chelski are probably after him too :(

Liverpool and Tottenham are understood to be fighting it out to sign Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk winger Yevhen Konoplyanka before the transfer deadline.

Liverpool managing director Ian Ayre flew out to Ukraine this week to discuss the signing of the 24-year-old, who has made 35 appearances for his country.

However, it has now emerged that the Reds face stiff competition from Tottenham for his signature.

Liverpool have yet to recruit anyone this month and missed out on Egyptian winger Mohamed Salah, who left Basel for Chelsea despite holding talks about a move to Anfield.

Following his side's 4-0 victory over Everton in the Premier League on Tuesday, manager Brendan Rodgers said that he was hopeful of making "a major signing".

"I think we will hopefully do something over the next couple of days," he said.

Rodgers' plans could still be scuppered again, though, if Tottenham manage to agree a deal with Konoplyanka before the window closes on Friday evening.

Konoplyanka, who scored against England in a 2014 World Cup qualifier at Wembley in September 2012, can play on either wing as well as through the middle.

The player's father Oleg has also increased speculation about a move to Anfield by telling Ukrainian media outlet Tribuna: "I do not want to say specifically but the information about a transfer to the English club is true.

"He can change clubs later this week. We do not consider offers from Ukraine."

we are definitely threadbare compared to the squads at man city, chelsea, arsenal and man u - i'm not sure why C4G wouldnt think so.

In that case I'm guessing you've been luckier with injuries this season? I don't follow closely enough to know :)

we are definitely threadbare compared to the squads at man city, chelsea, arsenal and man u - i'm not sure why C4G wouldnt think so.

In that case I'm guessing you've been luckier with injuries this season? I don't follow closely enough to know :)

entuire defence and half of midfield out for months so no not lucky

Archived