Greasy Lake Community

The 2013/14 LFC thread.......... mid-table here we come?

Joadboy

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

apparently skrtel and downing are for sale - looks like we may not even be able to name 18 players for opening weekend I have a bad feeling....

Belgian side Anderlecht are interested in Liverpool's Oussama Assaidi, 25, with the Reds wanting to recoup the £2.5m they paid for him last summer

Would love to high five John W Henry right now

Me too. Personally I'd have given Suarez my thoroughly tested Football Manager-treatment: Letting him rot among the reserves until he sees sense. But this is not a computer game and Liverpool can't afford both to punish their best player and buying someone to fill his shoes.

IMO Suarez needs to go - but when the club says so and not just because he acts like a baby. And there's no way we can accept a transfer to a league rival.

Come to think of it; Luis Suarez has - among many other reasons - stated that he feels mistreated and persecuted by the british press. Can anyone then tell me why this south-american genius thinks it'll be a such a great idea to go to London....?

He's not gone yet from what I've heard, but it seems Hammers want him. Wonder what we have left when the window closes.... A baby, a jail-bird, a vice-captain made of china, an aging skipper and no alternatives should Sturridge (god forbid!) get injured. Really looks like another year in mediocre wildernes :(

The mighty reds finally get a game against European opposition today,

anyone know how it finished ?

Honestly, you don't want to know :/

Well, oka

Celtic 1 Liverpool 0

I told ya :/

The mighty reds finally get a game against European opposition today,

anyone know how it finished ?

Honestly, you don't want to know :/

Well, oka

Celtic 1 Liverpool 0

I told ya :/

Really !!!!!...A team from Jockoland beat The Mighty Liverpoool ???

Indeed they did, but I was too busy watching the cricket.................

But back onto football............ here's another result for you.............

Liverpool 5, Celtic 1

I am, of course, talking european cups (observe the avatar).

United fans clogging a Liverpool thread.... What a surprise. The obsession is still there without any doubt

And Jocks!

PS observe avatar.

Liverpool 5, Celtic 1

I am, of course, talking european cups (observe the avatar).

That`s a bit like James Hewitt and Lady Di , Yoda

They would still trade them all to have been the first.

I dont think that either Jamie Hewitt or Lady Di were born the last time a scottish team won the european cup, mate.

But thanks once again for your 'contribution' to the LFC thread............... its really insightful, and illuminating

Sky Sports understands Liverpool midfielder Stewart Downing is set to undergo a medical at West Ham.

The England winger looks set to end a somewhat troubled two-year spell with Liverpool having joined from Aston Villa for around £20million.

The 29-year-old was told last season that he was surplus to requirements by boss Brendan Rodgers, before battling his way into his plans.

But now after just 65 league games for the club, he looks set to depart with West Ham closing in on a deal.

Sky Sports understands that a £5million deal has been agreed and Downing is due in London on Monday to undergo a medical.

Should the deal be finalised, Downing will link up with Andy Carroll - who finalised his permanent move from Anfield earlier this summer.

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is confident Daniel Agger will stay loyal to the club despite interest from Barcelona.

Barcelona are thought to have made a bid for Agger as they look to bring in a striker before the close of the transfer window.

Agger, who is currently the second-longest serving player at the club, still has three years to run on his contract and was recently installed as vice-captain to Steven Gerrard.

Rodgers is not worried about Barcelona's interest in Agger and insists the Dane has assured him that he is happy to stay at Anfield.

"Daniel has given me his word that he loves Liverpool and I will expect him to be here," Rodgers told the Daily Mirror. "He had chances to leave, but told me as long as we wanted him here, then he wanted to stay.

"He's been brilliant, that is why we have given him the vice-captaincy. The one thing I got from him from the very first conversation is loyalty.

"That is why he signed a new contract and committed himself to the club, and why we gave him a new contract - because we want him to be part of our future.

"He is important to the way we play, and he has been central to the way we work since I came here, and he knows that. There have been a couple of enquiries, but we have made our position clear."

downing gone

joady called into matchday squad :(

Before long, they'll be calling up a 57-year old American with physical problems who has never played a minute of football in his life :o -- but I'm ready for the call (if the price is right)! :lol::P

don not sure things are that bad :o but chelski now have more midfielders than we have players . with suarez suspended for several more games we could have a whole array of youth players on the bench on saturday.

Archived