Greasy Lake Community

The 2013/14 LFC thread.......... mid-table here we come?

Joadboy

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liverpool have agreed a deal to sign Valencia left-back Aly Cissokho on a season long-loan.

The France international has been linked with a switch to the Premier League for some time but has now agreed to join Liverpool on an initial loan deal with a view to a permanent move.

Top of the league...until around 4.50pm that is.

Shudda been 12-0...theres a reason the Stoke goalie got the motm award........

Great attacking display from LFC...............absolutely superb.

Whoever started off this thread with the "mid table" quip ought to receive 41 shots............

I watched the game, i have BT B)

and yes Liverpool looked good going forward, still had to have the ex mackem goalie bail you out.

Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea can win the league.

Liverpool can get 4th, 5th or 6th.IMO, even without the rat faced vampire.

Nice start. Long time since Liverpool won the first match.

Phillippe Coutinho is just amazing. His passing is just phenomenal. Let's hope that he'll stay for many years...

didn't get to see the game live due to personal reasons but watched it late last night similar problems to previous seasons in that they couldnt kill off the game and again I wondered if they needed someone to change a game who the hell were the guys on the bench certainly no depth there like other teams have,,,

Jesus..scousers win 1-0 and all of a sudden they are world beaters......you couldnt make it up

Who is saying they are world beaters? I'm hearing something to the effect of "we thought we were gonna suck, but maybe we won't suck as bad as we thought."

LIVERPOOL sign a left back (i've been waiting a year for this!) bringing first team squad to 19 players

Joady dropped from Matchday squad :o

Coates injures Knee - is out for SIX Months

Joady added back to matchday squad :o

I really need to get young Andre Wisdom out on loan," Rodgers said. "It's one to strengthen the squad but it's also to allow some of our younger players to develop, for us to maximize Wisdom and his talent we need to get him some games and to get him out on loan, but I can only do that if somebody with a bit more experience can come in and support the ground. So it's two-fold really, but it's certainly a position that we're looking at."

I bet the newspapers just hate it when the transfer window closes.........no more of this Suarez-stays-Suarez-goes stuff.

They might have to write about football instead.

Joint top of the league...parallel-universe stuff, this.

Only the Southampton fans are more surprised.................

Toure played well. Sturridge is class.

Coutinho had an awful match, but its nice to know we can still win even when that is the case........

Henderson still not good enough we need a quality right-sided player. Or push Johnson up and get a proper right-back.

Aspas runs around like a loon.

Mignolet looks really good and I am beginning to believe the Sunderland fan who told me a while back that we've bought the best goalie in the Prem.

Steven plays too deep these days.......................get up there. lad!

Hope they all do well enough to keep Suarez on the bench when he's eligible again. That'll teach the f----r a lesson......(if he stays)

We need to bring back Jamie though, that Agger is a real donkey...

And as for that powder puff Coutinho, thought I was watching Arsenal for a start,

yup he is that much of a girlie.....

25 games a season max is what to expect from him, expensive eye candy that.

"Cissokho was devastated," he said. "He shouldn't be too long. He's got a knock in his ankle. He was distraught to come off in his first start here.

"Joe Allen may well be a hamstring so we'll have a look at that.

"We'll know more in the morning but it wasn't a good night injury-wise

must not be much on telly in scotland for my friend dr winston to find time to waych a minor domestic cup game from ingerland :o isnt the mchaggis robroy cup shown on telly up there :D

must not be much on telly in scotland for my friend dr winston to find time to waych a minor domestic cup game from ingerland :o isnt the mchaggis robroy cup shown on telly up there :D

Andrew, the McHaggis Trophy dose not start until 25th Jan.

So as the game on Monday between the two best teams in the world was just so rank bad

I had to watch Liverpool to restore my faith in The Best League In The World.......

but I was wrong, faith was not rewarded.

btw I really miss borntorunsean around these parts, hope he is OK.

Sky Sports sources understand that Liverpool are closing on deals for Victor Moses, Mamadou Sakho and Tiago Ilori.

Positive discussions are believed to be ongoing regarding a possible season-long loan agreement for Chelsea forward Moses - who is also of interest to West Bromwich Albion.

The Nigeria international, who moved to Stamford Bridge from Wigan Athletic in August 2012, is yet to figure for Jose Mourinho's Blues so far this season.

Liverpool would welcome the opportunity to add Moses' creativity to their ranks, as Brendan Rodgers looks to build on a productive opening to the season which has brought back-to-back 1-0 successes.

The Reds boss is also working hard to bolster his defensive options before Monday's transfer deadline.

With the vastly-experienced Kolo Toure having picked up a knock during a Capital One Cup clash against Notts County on Tuesday, and with new arrival Aly Cissokho facing up to six weeks on the sidelines, reinforcements have become a top priority.

Highly-rated Sporting Lisbon centre-half Ilori has been heavily linked with a switch to Anfield for some time now, with Sky Sports sources revealing on Friday that a fee had been agreed for his services.

It is understood that the 20-year-old has travelled to England to undergo a medical and finalise a move.

Ilori could soon find himself playing alongside Paris St Germain defender Sakho.

The 23-year-old France international has grown frustrated at a lack of regular first-team football in the French capital and has publicly expressed a desire to move on.

PSG were initially reluctant to discuss the sale of a player who graduated out of their academy system, but Sakho is also believed to be on Merseyside to discuss personal terms and undergo a medical.

Archived