Greasy Lake Community

The 2013/14 LFC thread.......... mid-table here we come?

Joadboy

You would have to be a bloody stupid football club to believe that if you employ a grown man as a player that if he bites human flesh in the most watched global football arena with the biggest worldwide tv audience (not just sky sports viewers in the uk) that if it was anything other than the first time i.e. the third time as in this case, that he would escape being banned from playing football anywhere in the world for a long long time. Either that, or that football club has built up such an immunity from blame that they believe their player should still be allowed to play for their club, probably from the first game of the season as if nothing had happened. You couldn't make it up.

I know your lot came seventh Neil but FFS, you are capable of better than that...........

Which part is incorrect?

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree - it isn't Liverpool being punished but the player.

Really? ........................................Explain.

Not having your key striker to play for you (or even to train with the rest of the squad) for four months sounds like a punishment to me.

When the silly so-and-so bit the Chelsea bloke, he was banned from paying for LFC - (fair enough - it happened in an LFC shirt) but he wasn't banned from playing for Uruguay.

But when he does it in a Uruguay shirt, he's banned from playing for LFC? Wtf???

By all means come back on this one and explain to me why LFC have not been punished.

Normally you are a reasonable and fair minded bloke C4G, so I'm hoping for some reason in your reply.

Firstly - "faux outrage"? Not sure where that comes from as that was my first comment on this and I thought fairly measured.

Ok, Liverpool. Indirectly punished maybe but that is Suarez's fault, eh? The guy had to be punished and his inability to take any responsibility for his own actions ('In no way it happened how you have described, as a bite or intent to bite.' 'After the impact ... I lost my balance, making my body unstable and falling on top of my opponent,' - Yeh, right :lol:) makes it worse.

"FIFA suggested the punishment was so hefty because Suarez failed to show any hint of remorse for his actions.

'At no time did the player show any kind of remorse or admit to any violation of FIFA rules and therefore showed no awareness of having committed any infraction,' a FIFA document said, as reported by Brazilian newspaper Estado de Sao Paulo.

'The minimum punishment was not sufficient to have the necessary dissuasive effect.

'Previous bans did not have an effect." (BBC)

Mebbe Liverpool have to take some responsibility here? Continually supporting his bad behaviour........

You would have to be a bloody stupid football club to believe that if you employ a grown man as a player that if he bites human flesh in the most watched global football arena with the biggest worldwide tv audience (not just sky sports viewers in the uk) that if it was anything other than the first time i.e. the third time as in this case, that he would escape being banned from playing football anywhere in the world for a long long time. Either that, or that football club has built up such an immunity from blame that they believe their player should still be allowed to play for their club, probably from the first game of the season as if nothing had happened. You couldn't make it up.

I know your lot came seventh Neil but FFS, you are capable of better than that...........

Which part is incorrect?

Its an opinion. "Immunity from blame"............... its one step away from dickheads' "always the victims" jibe.

LFC were not at the World Cup. So tell me why they are being punished.

Skewed, predictably full of the zeitgeist- of-the-moment, and clearly with the support of everyone who isn't an LFC fan and people who have the stupidity to post stuff like Heysel Murderers, etc.

That's what football fans do best isn't it................ moral outrage from the morally-bankrupt.

I don't think you would have been calling Cantona after his high jinks at CG21's lot.

Sure, LS is a problem child.......................................... So wade-in.

Go for it.

Fill your boots.

And maybe without LS on the scene, MUFC will get sixth next year, instead of seventh.

Which is really all this is about.

Conversation with yourself .

Or not.

Crystal palace fans................conversation with Charlton Atheletic fans.

Bragging rights over some shitty patch of sarf London.

Norwood, Streatham, belongs to me, and all that.

Nice view from Gypsy Hill though, I will give you that.

Tooting Bec lido.................love the art deco.

That's about it for culture.

A club that get their players to wear Suarez tshirts even before they knew whether he was guilty or innocent clearly has an immunity from blame culture. How did they know in advance that it must all have been some stitch up? It was inconceivable that Suarez could have been at fault.

Crystanbul......................... Nice one! Never heard that before (seriously).

OK 21, I've calmed down. And I quite like sarf London actually, despite always putting my wallet in my front pocket whenever I'm round there.

Yes Neil, LFC were too quick to jump to his defence over the Evra thing.

The blame either lies with Suarez himself, or Dalgleish, depending on exactly what was said in private conversation between the two of them.

Did LS give assurances to KD that the n word was never used? I don't think we are going to know. I have my own opinion, but its just conjecture, like everyone else's.

As - to whether or not this incident amounts to an entire 'culture'.......................................................well, not, in my view

But apparently LFC are always the victims, and its never their fault - even though the truth re: Hillsborough has started to pour out - and I don't know if you noticed but it was the 30th Anniversary of the 'Battle of Orgreave' recently, and it is now emerging that several officers of the very same Police force (South Yorks) were "changing their statements" regarding the events of that day to ensure it was the miners who got dragged through the shit, not the squeaky-clean Police.

Sound familiar? Now there is an organisation in need of cultural change.

And Rotten-eggs-Johnny (or it might have been Stringer Bell) found something on an LFC fans website saying "Heysel - our day of shame". Wihich rather suggests that LFC followers have taken responsibility for their part in that. Ironically Rotten / Stringer was trying to prove exactly the opposite, and scored a bit of an o.g.

So culture?................................................... No.

On a separate point, they just got Lallana (LFC, not SY Police). That's got to be good. I think.

Crystanbul......................... Nice one! Never heard that before (seriously).

OK I've calmed down.

Yes Neil, LFC were too quick to jump to his defence over the Evra thing.

The blame either lies with Suarez himself, or Dalgleish, depending on exactly what was said in private conversation between the two of them.

Did LS give assurances to KD that the n word was never used? I don't think we are going to know. I have my own opinion, but its just conjecture, like everyone else's.

As - to whether or not this incident amounts to an entire 'culture'.......................................................well, not, in my view

On a separate point, they just got Lallana.

That's got to be good. I think.

Fair points Joady, glad you've calmed down. Not sure about lallana taking you further but I hope you don't get Sanchez as part of any Suarez deal. He looks awesome. For a player + 40 million cash swap deal LFC should bite their arm off, so to speak...

I didn't see your amended post. All LFC fans were no doubt blameless for hillsborough but I think their defence mechanism started from that. But that doesn't mean they are always going to be victimised as a club or as fans. As with every other club and it's fans, they bring on lots of problems themselves.

I didn't see your amended post. All LFC fans were no doubt blameless for hillsborough but I think their defence mechanism started from that. But that doesn't mean they are always going to be victimised as a club or as fans. As with every other club and it's fans, they bring on lots of problems themselves.

There is some truth in that, for sure.

'In no way it happened how you have described, as a bite or intent to bite.' 'After the impact ... I lost my balance, making my body unstable and falling on top of my opponent,'' Was this the truth mr Suarez? Or did you want to now change your mind?

......so the Kop will now be giving an extra loud rendition of their infamous "There's only one lieing bastard" chant next season in tribute to Luis The Liar their former hero (the insult which is usually saved for Patrice Evra).

'In no way it happened how you have described, as a bite or intent to bite.' 'After the impact ... I lost my balance, making my body unstable and falling on top of my opponent,'' Was this the truth mr Suarez? Or did you want to now change your mind?

......so the Kop will now be giving an extra loud rendition of their infamous "There's only one lieing bastard" chant next season in tribute to Luis The Liar their former hero (the insult which is usually saved for Patrice Evra).

Entirely take your point(s) Neil, although to be fair I think LS has recently issued a much more contrite and apologetic statement.? But yes, efforts to explain that as a 'fall' are nothing short of taking-the-piss.

Gary Linekers tweet on the issue summed it up pretty well: "rotten luck for Luis, of all people, to fall with his teeth into somebodys shoulder.".

Cant speak for other LFC fans, but my opinion remains that they should get-rid, finally. Its a cliché I know but no one is (or should be) bigger than the club. Its a real shame because he was on the verge of becoming LFC's greatest ever player. Obviously its not a shame for MUFC fans, who are understandably dining-out on this with a five course meal in a silver service Michelin-star restaurant, washed down with copious amounts of Dom Perignon.

Some of the nonsense being posted onto the LFC Facebook page is preposterous "I will stop supporting LFC if Suarez leaves" wrote one guy - wtf???

- although he was based in Indonesia, which sort of says it all really.

Entirely take your point(s) Neil, although to be fair I think LS has recently issued a much more contrite and apologetic statement.? But yes, efforts to explain that as a 'fall' are nothing short of taking-the-piss.

Gary Linekers tweet on the issue summed it up pretty well: "rotten luck for Luis, of all people, to fall with his teeth into somebodys shoulder.".

Cant speak for other LFC fans, but my opinion remains that they should get-rid, finally. Its a cliché I know but no one is (or should be) bigger than the club. Its a real shame because he was on the verge of becoming LFC's greatest ever player. Obviously its not a shame for MUFC fans, who are understandably dining-out on this with a five course meal in a silver service Michelin-star restaurant, washed down with copious amounts of Dom Perignon.

Some of the nonsense being posted onto the LFC Facebook page is preposterous "I will stop supporting LFC if Suarez leaves" wrote one guy - wtf???

- although he was based in Indonesia, which sort of says it all really.

on the verge of becoming LFC's greatest ever player - really? Lots of individual honours but one carling cup medal. Greatness influences your team to win multiple trophies over a period of several seasons as I'm sure Dalglish and Rush will endorse. Even he stayed another five years he wouldn't eclipse the clubs other greats.

Two more seasons like that, and he would-have been.

No matter though.,,................. hope Barca buy him.

Love that last bit.

Yeah...................................... a truly modern phenomenon.

I was in Thailand soon after Bannockburn Blackburn won the league.............................. blue and white shirts all over the place.

If Palace ever win anything, take a trip to the far east..........................you will probably find you're in good company.

I was in Austin Texas last May , when Palace where in the play off final v Watford.

Searched internet for a likely pub showing match 9am their time. Got in touch with some pub via e mail, said he had several requests , so he would open and show it on a Chanel called Bein.

Arrive at pub to find three blokes in palace shirts and two fellas in Watford gear. All Americans , very odd.

Archived