Greasy Lake Community

The 2013/14 LFC thread.......... mid-table here we come?

Joadboy

I was in Austin Texas last May , when Palace where in the play off final v Watford.

Searched internet for a likely pub showing match 9am their time. Got in touch with some pub via e mail, said he had several requests , so he would open and show it on a Chanel called Bein.

Arrive at pub to find three blokes in palace shirts and two fellas in Watford gear. All Americans , very odd.

I once met a Stockport County fan :blink:

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those LFC fans about to lament the imminent departure of LS to FCB should remember that they (LFC) were in top position in the league before he even started playing last season.

LFC's (relative) success last season was down to teamwork, not LS.

........................................(although 31 goals kind-of-helps)

I'm just trying to cheer myself up really.

Not sure its working..............

I was in Turkey a few weeks ago, one of the gardners in the hotel had a Rochdale shirt.

Probably has relatives in the area. You usually only expect to see Chelsea, Arsenal etc. but I have met some fans of lower league teams before. My favorite was this Cornish bloke with a Penzance shirt, apparently he actually had played for them.

One of the guest's gave it to him he told me, I know you get that a fair bit with lower league teams, in the Maldives a few years ago one of the staff had an away shirt for St Johnstone.

Might be civil unrest in the far east.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/luis-suarez-to-barcelona-liverpool-to-open-first-officials-talks-over-80m-deal-involving-alexis-sanchez-9577529.html

Those LFC fans about to lament the imminent departure of LS to FCB should remember that they (LFC) were in top position in the league before he even started playing last season.

Clutching at straws, you would make a Palace fan yet.

Might be civil unrest in the far east.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/luis-suarez-to-barcelona-liverpool-to-open-first-officials-talks-over-80m-deal-involving-alexis-sanchez-9577529.html

Clutching at straws, you would make a Palace fan yet.
Or last season was as good as it gets anyway and there's no guarantee Suarez would have kept LFC in the top 4 next season even if he played in every game
Or last season was as good as it gets anyway

But matey, you don-t know this.

And as much as you would like to think (and I know you secretly do) that LVG is suddenly going to propel MUFC back into 1st, history suggests otherwise.

And as much as you would like to think (and I know you secretly do) that LVG is suddenly going to propel MUFC back into 1st, history suggests otherwise.

I would like to think that LVG would take united back to 1st as quickly as Moyes took us to 7th, but I expect it will be a huge ask to finish above both city and Chelsea next season. I think our respective clubs will however be closer to their 2012-13 final standings by this time next year.

I would like to think that LVG would take united back to 1st as quickly as Moyes took us to 7th, but I expect it will be a huge ask to finish above both city and Chelsea next season. I think our respective clubs will however be closer to their 2012-13 final standings by this time next year.

So, no more 'overachieving' from LFC and 'underachieving' from MUFC, if I get-you-right.

The season LFC finished above MUFC was a 'blip'.

Maybe.

Can't wait to find out.

Are you only allowing/permitting LFC one year of overachievement, Neil?

Cant you give them at least a couple of years?

Or (say) twenty?

Like they did in the seventies and eighties?

Or like your shower-o-shite did in the nineties and nought-ies, thanks to what one of our Scottish fellow-members likes to think is the greatest manager of all time?

........................despite winning only 2 CL's in 26 years with the self-proclaimed "richest club in the world".

Such an incredibly talented player, but I still don't know if I want to see him wearing a Barça shirt. Barça have enough guys to play the piano (Messi, Neymar, Iniesta, Alexis,...), we need guys to carry the darn thing up to the first floor. How about a centre-back for a change?

Are you only allowing/permitting LFC one year of overachievement, Neil?

Cant you give them at least a couple of years?

Or (say) twenty?

Like they did in the seventies and eighties?

Or like your shower-o-shite did in the nineties and nought-ies, thanks to what one of our Scottish fellow-members likes to think is the greatest manager of all time?

........................despite winning only 2 CL's in 26 years with the self-proclaimed "richest club in the world".

To be honest the two clubs have gone in such different directions over the last twenty years, united shouldn't expect to be behind Liverpool for more than a season. On and off the pitch united got it right - gradually expanding the capacity up to 76000 and seizing every commercial deal in sight to take the united brand to all far corners of their global fanbase. No billionaire owner was needed to inject false wealth to raise awareness of who the club are.

Liverpool for some reason have stood still with 45000 fans at best and haven't seemed to cash in globally on being arguably England's second biggest club. The landscape has shifted since LFC won their 18th title which made last seasons "relative success" all the more worthy of praise.

Let what transformed into normal service soon resume.

Fair points and I wont disagree with 90% of it.

Just the last sentence.

I've got faith in Brendan Rodgers......................but an honorary doctorate in science? Good grief! Gimmicky PR from the U of Ulster, methinks.

Funny and flattering though that the Den regulars are all posting in the LFC fred whilst the 'best ever' World Cup is raging.

I do now hope the Barca swap deal comes off. I know nothing about Sanchez but loads of people have now told me he's ace.

Obviously with Suarez you only get him for part of each season.

I do now hope the Barca swap deal comes off. I know nothing about Sanchez but loads of people have now told me he's ace.

Yes, he is. He won't score 31 goals, but his work rate is second to none.

But I read that he prefers Arsenal.

I was in Austin Texas last May , when Palace where in the play off final v Watford.

Searched internet for a likely pub showing match 9am their time. Got in touch with some pub via e mail, said he had several requests , so he would open and show it on a Chanel called Bein.

Arrive at pub to find three blokes in palace shirts and two fellas in Watford gear. All Americans , very odd.

I once met a Stockport County fan :blink:

Blimey, a rarity as most of Man $chity's fan base lives in Stockport...........

All those football writers and football players etc who voted for Suarez as Footballer of the Year and PFA Footballer of the Year blah blah blah.......I wonder what they're thinking now.

It was bad enough them voting last season for a player of the year who didn't even surface until October due to a ban, guess what, for biting.

Now he disgraces himself again in Brazil........those who voted must literally be hiding their heads in shame.......and I'm not trying to wind up LFC fans........this is just quite bizarre and of course utterly disgraceful.

I truly hope he just disappears to wherever and we never see him again tarnishing the Premiership.

Utter scum.

Lallana.................wasn't he a teletubby?

...............the tall purple one?

Carried a handbag I think...............nttawwt, of course.

.......those who voted must literally be hiding their heads in shame.......

I literally chew my own arm off when people use the word literally in the wrong context.

.......those who voted must literally be hiding their heads in shame.......

I literally chew my own arm off when people use the word literally in the wrong context.

....and I'm so glad Luis isn't literally 'utter scum' because I don't think LFC would get £65m for him (or rather it,).

On a slightly different tack, I was editing my daughters UCAS draft personal statement last night.

I deleted three uses of the word "basically".

She was trying to dumb it down for all these University Admissions Tutors in case it was too highbrow for them.

I also deleted two instances of "I believe".

My daughter doing her Tony Blair impersonation...............

Archived