Greasy Lake Community

The 2013/14 LFC thread.......... mid-table here we come?

Joadboy

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spend a fair bit of time in Portugal, so I've watched Markovic a few times. Pacey, chases lost causes but lacks composure. Think Dirk Kuyt on speed.

3 category c games went on sale yesterday. Spent 3 hours in a queue and only came away with 2 Stoke tickets.

I could get a set next to Edward Woodward at old Trafford. We are going nowhere fast.

Mighty Reds squad to tour Yankeeland

The Reds will depart for the United States from John Lennon airport in Liverpool on Sunday afternoon (July 20). The squad, led by captain Steven Gerrard, will include new signings Rickie Lambert, Adam Lallana, Emre Can and Lazar Markovic.

They'll later be joined by France's captain Mamadou Sakho and Belgian goalkeeper Simon Mignolet in Chicago.

Liverpool will return to Boston's Fenway Park where the team will face AS Roma on Wednesday July 23. The Reds will also take part in the International Champions Cup, taking on Olympiacos on Sunday July 27 in Chicago, Manchester City on Wednesday July 30 in New York and AC Milan on Saturday August 2 in Charlotte.

The International Champions Cup will see the teams divided into two groups and each will play at least three matches before the winners of Group A and Group B meet in the final at the Sun Life Stadium in Miami on Monday, August 4.

Liverpool's 2014 tour squad in full:

Agger, Allen, Borini, Can, Coady, Coates, Coutinho, Enrique, Flanagan, Gerrard, Henderson, Ibe, Ilori, Johnson, Jones, Kelly, Lallana, Lambert, Leiva, Markovic, Mignolet, Phillips, Reina, Robinson, Sakho, Skrtel, Sterling, Sturridge, Suso, Teixeira, Toure, Ward, Wisdom

Only one i have never heard of is Phillips

I guess one can assume that other young players such as Sinclair who is the youngest ever player to appear for Liverpool are being shown the door?

Sinclair, yes very good and showed a lot of talent in the youth teams.........it would be a pity if here were being let go.

Who is Teixeira, Andrew?

Sinclair, yes very good and showed a lot of talent in the youth teams.........it would be a pity if here were being let go.

Who is Teixeira, Andrew?

Teixeira had a sub appearance or two last year is a midfielder like most of our squad apparently.... portuguese youngster

Liverpool have agreed a fee of £8.5million with QPR for striker Loic Remy, according to Sky sources

Anybody rate him?

His goal record is about 1 in 2, which you can't really knock. Think he's taking a wage cut to come here. I'd say he'd be an improvement on Borini but that's about it.

Well if he's an improvement on someone who has just signed for Sunderland for nearly twice as much, then I suppose that's good business.

interestingly Borini got off the plane in Boston (the yankeeland one) so must not have been sold yet. Peterson added to the squad too

I suspect more comings and goings before I see the Mighty Reds in Charlotte, looks like Wisdom is going out on loan

LFC reported by one of our blighty papers to be chasing Isco of real Madrid.

Another midfielder for you, Andrew!

apparently liverpool to sign origi but leave him at his current club - i dont understand what we are doing except burning money I shall make sure to shout at brendan when I am in Charlotte

in a week or two!

interestingly Borini got off the plane in Boston (the yankeeland one) so must not have been sold yet. Peterson added to the squad too

I suspect more comings and goings before I see the Mighty Reds in Charlotte, looks like Wisdom is going out on loan

There's a big difference between visiting mackem land for the occasional day and living in the shithole.

mighty reds team to face roma

Liverpool XI in full: Jones, Kelly, Skrtel, Coates, Enrique, Lucas, Allen, Coutinho, Borini, Lambert, Ibe.

Substitutes: Ward, Agger, Henderson, Can, Suso, Coady, Phillips, Robinson, Peterson.

no sign of teixera or llori or reina but basically first team left out

Archived