Greasy Lake Community

The 2013/14 LFC thread.......... mid-table here we come?

Joadboy

borini lasted about 8 minutes going down on the rounders field with a painful looking shoulder injury - maybe sunderland will put away their cheque book ?

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing a football pitch crammed into that little stadium called Fenway Park was a bit surrealistic to me, having watched so many baseball games there over the last 50 years. That pitch couldn't have been more than 96 yards long.

Indeed.

time to sell off that rounders team and replace that useless building with apartments or parking lots.

then spend the money on LFC instead!

Liverpool have pulled out of a deal to sign QPR striker Loic Remy, Sky sources understand.

The French international flew on Tuedsay to the United States, where Brendan Rodgers' side is on a pre-season tour, to seal a move wort

But though terms had been agreed between all parties, the Reds pulled the plug following the 27-year-old's medical.

Remy would have been Brendan Rodgers' fifth new summer recruit following the signings of Rickie Lambert, Adam Lallana, Emre Can and Lazar Markovic.

He scored 14 goals last season for Newcastle, where he was on loan from Loftus Road.

Speaking to Sky Sports News from Chicago, reporter Kaveh Solhekol said: "Personal terms had been agreed with Loic Remy - and it had also been agreed that he would wear the iconic no. 7 shirt that has been worn by Luis Suarez and Kenny Dalglish.

"We were initially told that minor problems with the paperwork had delayed the deal for five days but it has transpired that a medical problem was highlighted and Liverpool asked for a second opinion.

"Once they got that second opinion, they decided not to proceed with the transfer.

"I understand there is no chance of the deal being resurrected. Liverpool will concentrate on other striker targets."

team to play olympiacos

Liverpool XI in full: Jones, Johnson, Skrtel, Toure, Enrique, Gerrard, Henderson, Can, Sterling, Markovic, Sturridge.

Substitutes: Ward, Coutinho, Coates, Lucas, Allen, Ibe, Kelly, Coady, Robinson, Lambert, Peterson

Borini and Lallana out injured, Reina obviously not going to get a game, Agger rumoured to have been shown the door

suso not given a chance, llori nowhere to be seen.

team to play olympiacos

Liverpool XI in full: Jones, Johnson, Skrtel, Toure, Enrique, Gerrard, Henderson, Can, Sterling, Markovic, Sturridge.

Substitutes: Ward, Coutinho, Coates, Lucas, Allen, Ibe, Kelly, Coady, Robinson, Lambert, Peterson

Borini and Lallana out injured, Reina obviously not going to get a game, Agger rumoured to have been shown the door

suso not given a chance, llori nowhere to be seen.

Connor Coady back from Championship duty then.

Good to see.

neither coady nor peterson made it on the field even when they made 9 subs so that doesnt bode well for them staying with the team

and agger was absent even from the bench of people in street clothes :(

having only two strikers for the whole season is not the way to prepare

Southampton may have a couple of players left....... :P

having only two strikers for the whole season is not the way to prepare

Southampton may have a couple of players left....... :P

EDIT........4 minutes after writing this I see Utd are having talks with Southampton about Dani Osvaldo tomorrow.

If this happens we will be seeing Southliverhamtonpool v Manhamptonsouth Utd next season..........meanwhile Southampton relegation odds continue to fall

and then liverpool splash out $10m on origi and tell him to stay in france for a year....

if hes good enough to play for belgiun hes good enough to play for liverpool surely....

Andrew how many LFC replica shirts are in evidence over there?

Oh, that`s an easy one....same as this country....

everyone who went to school (not necessarily in Liverpool) between 1973 & 1981.

Not quite sure why you stopped at 1981, but in any event I think it extremely unlikely. Soccer has been a minority sport over there until very recently Winston. Yanks only just starting to get interested.

Hence my question.

I will tell you when I get to Charlotte on Friday night - its been a while since I saw The Mighty Reds play in YankeeLand and technically that was Canada but the last few years there has been extensive touring by Chelski and Man U so i've seen a lot of those shirts

So I will let you know,,,,

Strange......I must have forgotten to buy one :o

Strange......I must have forgotten to buy one :o

Yes I think you did, lad.

Along with several tens of thousands of Leeds and Bradford fans.

Archived