Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joadboy

The 2013/14 LFC thread.......... mid-table here we come?

What a performance, we were great, top of the league and at least three new signings to come....

Top 4 and return to Champions League next season almost assured, and if things go our way, may

not be too far off winning it.

Thought the game was poor if I'm honest. Liverpool got over run in midfield. Goes to show if you shut up Van Persie you stop united as they looked clueless with the ball.

Liverpool have confirmed defenders Mamadou Sakho and Tiago Ilori have completed their moves to Anfield.

The 23-year-old Sakho, already a France international, arrives from Ligue 1 champions Paris St Germain while 20-year-old Ilori joins from Sporting Lisbon.

Sakho told the club's official website: "I'm delighted to be here. I'd like to thank everyone for the welcome.

"I came here because the project that is in place at Liverpool interests me. I'm really looking forward to playing my first game.

"I know the Liverpool fans are fantastic and while I was in France, it was clear for me to see they are amongst the best in England."

Ilori added: "It feels great being a Liverpool player - coming to the Premier League has always been a dream for me.

"I'm going to try and achieve everything I can. I want to play as much as possible and we'll see what the future holds. I will give my all and try my best to help the team.

"I know the history of the club and the Premier League is the best league in the world, in my opinion," added Ilori. "Liverpool have a great team and I think it's the place for me to be at the moment.

"I know there have been some great teams here in the past and the club has won a lot of trophies and I want to be a part of it."

In addition, Chelsea winger Victor Moses is expected to sign a season-long loan deal with the Reds ahead of the transfer deadline.

Liverpool have completed the signing of Victor Moses on a season-long loan deal from Chelsea.

The Nigeria international forward passed a medical at Melwood on Monday after Jose Mourinho decided he was surplus to requirements at Stamford Bridge.

Moses told the Anfield club's website: "First and foremost, I'm delighted to have made the loan from Chelsea to a big club like Liverpool.

"The most important thing is for me to be professional about it and I'm here to do a job for the club.

"The target is to get into the top four and for the club to compete in the Champions League - and I'm delighted to be here.

"There are a lot of quality players here - they're winning games and creating chances. It's a massive thing for me to be here."

Moses began his career at Crystal Palace before spending two years with Wigan. He joined Chelsea in January 2012 and went on to make 42 appearances for the club, scoring 10 goals.

Thought the game was poor if I'm honest. Liverpool got over run in midfield. Goes to show if you shut up Van Persie you stop united as they looked clueless with the ball.

It certainly showed how much Utd miss Rooney & how much they need someone like Modric.........and how out of his depth Young is

Liverpool's Fabio Borini is set to join Sunderland on a season-long loan arrangement.

The Italian striker is having a medical on Wearside as he looks to kick-start his career in England under compatriot Paolo Di Canio.

Borini has not featured under Brendan Rodgers so far this season and the acquisition of Victor Moses has seen him slip further out of the picture at Anfield.

The 22-year-old former Chelsea man scored just two goals in 20 appearances last season following his £10.5m move from Roma in July 2012 - when he became one of Rodgers first signings

I'm on the Island of Rhodes, Greece at the moment.

I just had to buy The TImes this a.m. even though it cost 4 euros........just to see LFC at the top of the table............enjoy it while it lasts, is what I say. .

Great start. Great defence. The difference between last year and this,... they know how to push up properly and with Lucas and Steven protecting the back four, it looks alright.

Van Persie barely a sniff at goal.

In fact the fockers looked very average, (but then they did so last year, and came away with three points).

What a performance, we were great, top of the league and at least three new signings to come....

Top 4 and return to Champions League next season almost assured, and if things go our way, may

not be too far off winning it.

See thread title.

Liverpool have completed the signing of Victor Moses on a season-long loan deal from Chelsea.

The Nigeria international forward passed a medical at Melwood on Monday after Jose Mourinho decided he was surplus to requirements at Stamford Bridge.

Moses told the Anfield club's website: "First and foremost, I'm delighted to have made the loan from Chelsea to a big club like Liverpool.

"The most important thing is for me to be professional about it and I'm here to do a job for the club.

"The target is to get into the top four and for the club to compete in the Champions League - and I'm delighted to be here.

"There are a lot of quality players here - they're winning games and creating chances. It's a massive thing for me to be here."

Moses began his career at Crystal Palace before spending two years with Wigan. He joined Chelsea in January 2012 and went on to make 42 appearances for the club, scoring 10 goals.

Yes I watched the Gooners-Spurs match straight afterwards and thought it was a much better game than LFC V the 3-times euro champs.

I thought it was an average match, Utd lacking in midfield still. Very early days still I remember a few seasons ago Boton being top after about four games.

Going to be a very close season, could be anyone out of four for me.

Pacheco sold and Borini sent to Sunderland as punishment.

I guess we are hoping that Sturridge keeps scoring and Suarez doesnt bugger off at christmas. i'm not sure there is enough depth up front.

Well Andrew, we have Victor Moses on loan.

Dont know why this is underlined. Silly Greek PC.

Excited about this Portuguese centreback. Faster than Ronaldo. Mobile centrebacks are a must the way Rodgers plays the game, this lad has the potential to be top class.

Now the transfer window has ended , some Liverpool fans are gutted they didn't get Bale.

.don't worry my bin dipper mates, you'll be back in court soon :D

Top of the league for another week heh heh heh.

Dontcha just love the internationals?

:)

Been on holiday for two weeks.. What happened to all the wum's on here?!?!

Just 24 hours left to savour top-of-league status.

However the fockers cant catch us even if they do win tomoro. :)

I expect that Rodgers will get a warm welcome at Swansea on Monday night.

Yesil and Adam Morgan named in the travelling squad - can't believe they were picked in front of Joady.