Greasy Lake Community

The 2013/14 LFC thread.......... mid-table here we come?

Joadboy

Toon away followed by WBA at home, so a decent chance of posting some more points and staying up there for a little while longer.

Not the walkover the dippers thought it would be today :lol:

Even though the ref tried to help liverpool score a winner against ten man Toon, one point is all you got.

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i must have forgotten to tell roy I had to go out for the day straight after the game must remember to tell him next time

extremely subpar performance Moses was awful, henderson not much better and a 5 man man defence didnt really deserve much from this game

Toon away followed by WBA at home, so a decent chance of posting some more points and staying up there for a little while longer.

Not the walkover the dippers thought it would be today :lol:

Even though the ref tried to help liverpool score a winner against ten man Toon, one point is all you got.

So...................... "decent chance" translates in into Toon-speak as "walkover"?

Newcastle aren't at all bad. If you look further up this fred I said they were "hot and cold". Yesterday they were up for it.

I'm not sure the "shoot from 35 yards at every opportunity" policy is gonna get them a point every game tho.

More importantly, Henderson was an obvious weak link. Sakho was inconsistent. Regarding Steven, really wanna see him get up there earler than the last ten minutes.

And cant wait for Coutinho to come back, they really miss his slick passing.

Que?

What do you think of Roy?

The penalty? Crystal clear in my book.

The free-kick in over-time? Crystal clear again.

Not the best games from Liverpool, but 1 point away to Newcastle is OK.

I do not agree with you Joadboy regtarding Henderson. I thought he was very good. If the other 10 (12) players had put in his effort this would have been a win.

Totally agree regarding Coutinho though. The team really miss him, like every team (except Inter?) would when it comes to a player of his quality.

Que?

What do you think of Roy?

The penalty? Crystal clear in my book.

The free-kick in over-time? Crystal clear again.

Penalty, yes it was clear, sending off was harsh even though it is the rule, no complaints about that.

but

Gerrard should have been sent off, he was already booked and made an even worse foul, ref bottled it.

And yet he booked Guoffran for no where near as bad a tackle as Gerrards second offence.

And rat face should have been booked for diving more than once, it was so blatant even he was laughing.

And the added on time after added on time was pathetic, the ref was willing Liverpool to score a winner.

I agree it was a penalty and sending off, also agree with Roy about Gerrard from where we were sat it looked a bad tackle. The free kick at the end was in 5th minute of 4 minutes injury time. Was Sturridge offside for second goal?

The rules clearly state it's a sending off, so how can it be harsh, last man, brought a striker down through on goal.

As clear as a sending off as you can see.

When you say harsh I'm assuming you mean the rule is harsh????

I agree it was a penalty and sending off, also agree with Roy about Gerrard from where we were sat it looked a bad tackle. The free kick at the end was in 5th minute of 4 minutes injury time. Was Sturridge offside for second goal?

The ball went backward so he can't be offside. As for the extra time, Newcastle were constantly warned for wasting time, infact their fans kept the ball for 50 seconds on injury time. I'm sure we can all do the math

It is, needs looking at. If the penalty is scored they stay on, if missed they go off????

I just think it should be down to the tackle, if it was a red card foul send the man off, if it was a yellow, like saturdays a yellow card and a pen should be enough.

It's the "goal scoring chance, last man" bit that is wrong for me.

The rule should be scrapped and go back to letting the ref make his mind up if it was a red or yellow foul IMO.

What about professional fouls that gain an advantage, and fouls that cheat like tripping a guy through on goal?

If you pull the shirt if someone through on goal outside the penalty area, the foul is only deemed as a yellow, yet you have stopped a goal, with a free kick from 40 yards?

Anyways never mind all that..............................WBA at home next up so a decent chance of some points.............

..........uh-oh I think I can hear Roy coming........... :)

Seriously, they need to maximise points from these games because coming up are away matches against Arsenal, Spurs and Man City.

What about professional fouls that gain an advantage, and fouls that cheat like tripping a guy through on goal?

If you pull the shirt if someone through on goal outside the penalty area, the foul is only deemed as a yellow, yet you have stopped a goal, with a free kick from 40 yards?

Professional fouls, in the box, red card.

Yellow card outside the box, and do it again, it's a red.

just like the old days.

It is, needs looking at. If the penalty is scored they stay on, if missed they go off????

At first I thought not a bad idea, do you think any teams would be cynical enough to miss, and get a suspension for the other player in the process. Obviously the special one would never do that.!

The ball went backward so he can't be offside. As for the extra time, Newcastle were constantly warned for wasting time, infact their fans kept the ball for 50 seconds on injury time. I'm sure we can all do the math

Depends. If it was a deliberate back pass then yes but refs have been instructed that if it just deflects back off a defender (ie. uncontrolled) then the attacker IS offside. New for this season I believe.

Depends. If it was a deliberate back pass then yes but refs have been instructed that if it just deflects back off a defender (ie. uncontrolled) then the attacker IS offside. New for this season I believe.

Look........ lets stop discussing the minutae of the LFC games shall we, and concentrate on the salient issue, that being the total and utter disinegtration of MUFC.

Yes here, even on the LFC fred, feel free.

I'm really enjoying this season.

I dont expect LFC to finish any higher than sixth, but what is happening to MUFC is highly predictable, yet so very entertaining all the same.

Look........ lets stop discussing the minutae of the LFC games shall we, and concentrate on the salient issue, that being the total and utter disinegtration of MUFC.

Yes here, even on the LFC fred, feel free.

Erm, that was a comment on rule interpretation was it not?

Yes, Utd are crap atm but are still reigning champions. What year could LFC say that? Will they ever say it again??

Archived