Greasy Lake Community

The 2013/14 LFC thread.......... mid-table here we come?

Joadboy

Coronationdale must have really sucked this week....

Winston, not wisdom.................

.................maybe get your own thread???

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another great win for the Mighty Reds.

A great win? Have you seen Fulham play recently? They are screwed.

Sure, Liverpool looked strong but beating Fulham is like stealing pennies off a dead man's eyes.

It will hardly go down in your history books.

Who do you want to win today?

Who do you want to win today?

As if you need to ask....................its a no-brainer, it always will be, and don't bother asking again.............unless LFC are involved in the title run-in (hightly unlikely)

...............ABU.

Using Roy's glass-half-empty logic, (admittedly cultivated after decades of supporting a shit team), LFC are now only 17 points away from safety...................

• 2 weeks later...

mirallas should have been taking an early bath for the first half tackle, compare it to the sending off for the sunderland player in their game today where there was barely a foul...

and as for allen who i kept forgetting was even on the field most of the time should be ashamed of that 'torres-like' finish arounf the hour mark for once

henderson wasnt the worse player in the team

Horrendous midfield, Gerrard.... Good god. Can't remember a game where he has played well from midfield. Cluelessly let's players run behind him, gives the ball away cconstantly.

Good point, but that midfield is too weak. Get Gerrard out and further up the park. It will never happen as him and the English media have created some image that he's good in midfield.

Crackin game. But when I looked at the starting lineup I did wonder who the hell was going to carry the attacking threat from midfield........

thread title may be appropriate sooner than we think - sturridge out for several weeks... i dont think there is even another stirker on the books as apparently reserve team striker

adam morgan is off to yeovil....

Suarez up top coutino behind, or even Gerrard. May give us more control in midfield. Apas is back soon, I'm sure we could recall Borini, there's Ngoo and the German youngster. Not great by any means, but we can scrap through. Need to keep beating the teams we should and we won't lose ground.

If we are still in the mix at Christmas, I expect the owners to fund some big moves. Left back, striker, and at least one midfielder.

Once again Winston, I have to refer you to the fred title.

Rest of this post is addressed to LFC supporters........

I dont think it was a bad performance, just the wrong kind of performance.

Proof that posession football doesnt always win matches.Posession stats and corner counts mean fuck all when you look at the table.

But suicidal tendancies from a centre back certainly can lose them.

Much as I like to see young players coming through, Sterling isnt good enough, Coutinho should have started.

And too many back passes to the keeper. The opponents goalposts are the other way, Brendan........

Hull City got lucky (twice). It happens, shit sometimes happens.

AAaaaahhhhhh, that is so much clearer now...

Now I understand the rail companies when they tell us is was the wrong type of leaves,

or the wrong type of snow.

AAaaaahhhhhh, that is so much clearer now...

Well obviously it isnt clearer for you at all. Which is understandable because, as a Scot, you've probably never seen decent football in your life.

So let me spell it out for you, they played posession-football perfectly, exactly as Brendan ordered it. The problem being that they passed it around beautifully, a bit like Arsenal used to do. Unfortunately, just like Arsenal, they forgot which way the opponentns goal is.

Its not difficult when you think about it.

Then again, if you are used to Clyde versus Forfar, attendance 150..........................I can maybe see where you are coming from........

Archived