Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AMIW

The Official Belfast July 20th EuroSetListVision thread

Finally after 8 months in the wilderness a show I will be at... :D

The perfect Belfast pre show preparation.

Pre show Ulster fry.

ulsterfry595.jpg

Pre show Guinness.

450px-A_pint_of_Guinness.jpg

That should see you through the show. Guinness is quite sustaining. ;)

Now - anyone who is put off by the recent, eh, 'disturbances' let me say this, No slagging off Belfast, we are not a violent people. And if you say we are I'll knock yer ballix in.

This is going to be our man's 4th Belfast concert after one TGOTJ, one Seeger Sessions, which wrapped up that tour, and 1 E Street band which was a unforgettable night. Second concert at the Kings Hall complex, Tom Joad was indoors at the arena. First outdoors Belfast show.

This is going to be our man's 4th Belfast concert after one TGOTJ, one Seeger Sessions, which wrapped up that tour, and 1 E Street band which was a unforgettable night. Second concert at the Kings Hall complex, Tom Joad was indoors at the arena. First outdoors Belfast show.

See you on Saturday & I'm proud to say by the end of it I'll bave been to 3 of the 4, GOTJ tour excluded! Never been across the water there before & must say I thoroughly enjoyed the last 2, this time it will be a novelty to be outdoors in the lovely Norn Ireland sunshine (if the forecast is to be believed!) 😎🎸🍻🎤

don't wear green or orange. Don't know who will knock your head off.

Am looking forward to my 17th & 18th (Belfast & Kilkenny), buzzing after hearing Ralph McCleans great Bruce show on radio ulster last night & getting a request played. Its still available on i-player if anyone missed it

I see people driving on the correct side of theroad i must be in ireland woo hoo

Now - anyone who is put off by the recent, eh, 'disturbances' let me say this, No slagging off Belfast, we are not a violent people. And if you say we are I'll knock yer ballix in.

It says a lot about this city that there are more people in the pit queue at the Kings Hall for Bruce Springsteen than there is out protesting etc.

I love Belfast! Sometimes...

Gerard

don't wear green or orange. Don't know who will knock your head off.

I wore my Newcastle United (away) shirt in '93 to the RDS - McEwan's on the front - very similar to the Rangers shirt.

That was interesting. :)

Haven't a clue what I wore to TGOTJ concert in Belfast ... I know I met him, refused his autograph, but that's about all. I blame the whisky and orange. Again.

... I know I met him, refused his autograph, but that's about all. I blame the whisky and orange. Again.

You REFUSED his autograph! Politely, I hope :P

How many times have you kicked yourself over the years about that!!

I haven't. I got it in Glasgow in '93 ... that's what I told him ... whilst balancing crisps and sweets in one hand and a bottle of pop in the other. :)

Am looking forward to my 17th & 18th (Belfast & Kilkenny), buzzing after hearing Ralph McCleans great Bruce show on radio ulster last night & getting a request played. Its still available on i-player if anyone missed it

Tomorrow will be 31 for me, if it's as good as 29 and 30 we're in for a treat!

This guy came out to to the pit to have a look at something very important yesterday......nabbed him for a photo.9320360001_b7e7e2a3e3.jpg

This guy came out to to the pit to have a look at something very important yesterday......nabbed him for a photo.9320360001_b7e7e2a3e3.jpg

Lovely photo, lovely weather!

Heading to Belfast in the morning - so excited! Passports, tickets, Brucie t-shirt :) Safe travels everyone.

Lovely photo, lovely weather!

Heading to Belfast in the morning - so excited! Passports, tickets, Brucie t-shirt :) Safe travels everyone.

Umm, I meant to post that in the Cork thread.....ahh well.

Kilkenny 1 and 2 will be my first Irish gigs. In fact It'll be my first visit to Ireland. I'm just curious... You're obviously quite experienced when it comes to Springsteen in Ireland. What's the atmophere like at Irish gigs & how do they compare to other countries you've seen him in? I've seen various youtube vids and some gigs in Dublin have looked fantastic. I also saw My Hometwon from Limerick and it looked like a beautiful atmosphere. The main reason I ask though is because in the few vids I've watched from Cork today the atmosphere looked a little dead. I know a friend who went and she said it was great night so it could just be the videos but looking at the crowd in The Price you Pay for example it looked so quiet and nobody seemed to be singing even in the pit. There are other examples too... Even Sunny Day didn't seem to produce the same kind of crowd response you seem from other shows. Anyway looking forward to hear your thoughts. I can't wait for Kilkenny and Cardiff for that matter.

Cheers

Dom

Signs for Loose Ends and Thundercrack are ready....

Kilkenny 1 and 2 will be my first Irish gigs. In fact It'll be my first visit to Ireland. I'm just curious... You're obviously quite experienced when it comes to Springsteen in Ireland. What's the atmophere like at Irish gigs & how do they compare to other countries you've seen him in? I've seen various youtube vids and some gigs in Dublin have looked fantastic. I also saw My Hometwon from Limerick and it looked like a beautiful atmosphere. The main reason I ask though is because in the few vids I've watched from Cork today the atmosphere looked a little dead. I know a friend who went and she said it was great night so it could just be the videos but looking at the crowd in The Price you Pay for example it looked so quiet and nobody seemed to be singing even in the pit. There are other examples too... Even Sunny Day didn't seem to produce the same kind of crowd response you seem from other shows. Anyway looking forward to hear your thoughts. I can't wait for Kilkenny and Cardiff for that matter.

Cheers

Dom

You really nee to be in the pit in Ireland. There are many, many concert attendees who although may be fans, are more of a casual nature unlike say the Italians. Having said that the atmosphere is generally very good and relaxed.

Good choice on Kilkenny. It'll probably be 'less Irish' due to end of tour and lots of visitors. Very compact stadium but big in another way due to the size of GAA pitches vs soccer pitches (see early Limerick thread posts)

Cheers

Dom

You really nee to be in the pit in Ireland. There are many, many concert attendees who although may be fans, are more of a casual nature unlike say the Italians. Having said that the atmosphere is generally very good and relaxed.

Good choice on Kilkenny. It'll probably be 'less Irish' due to end of tour and lots of visitors. Very compact stadium but big in another way due to the size of GAA pitches vs soccer pitches (see early Limerick thread posts)

Cheers mate I'll have a look. Looking at your previous gigs I notice you've been to 3 gigs that I went to. What was favourite from those? Wembley, Cardiff and Parc De Princes..

Friends, the day had started here very bright and already warm. Take care today especially if standing in line. Sun block and water required!