Greasy Lake Community

The Official Kilkenny July 27th Night #1 EuroCATLISTVISION thread

Born in USA a great album enjoy alll who are there, he plays for the majority of fans not those who have been to 20 gigs and are fed up with heating it..::for those who are glad they stayed at home I am sure Bruce is not missing you

Thats uncalled for really people are just stating an opinion.He played many of those songs in Cork and Limerick so it makes it a little easier for me to miss the concerts this weekend.Other fans will feel the same.If he played a new full album then we would be gutted we werent there.

An i have stated mine, don't all be so sensitive

Born in USA a great album enjoy alll who are there, he plays for the majority of fans not those who have been to 20 gigs and are fed up with heating it..::for those who are glad they stayed at home I am sure Bruce is not missing you

Thats uncalled for really people are just stating an opinion.He played many of those songs in Cork and Limerick so it makes it a little easier for me to miss the concerts this weekend.Other fans will feel the same.If he played a new full album then we would be gutted we werent there.

Agreed, makes tonight slightly easier for me. Half of me wants him to pull something else out the bag tomorrow like WIESS but the selfish half of me really hopes he doesn't!

Still would rather be in KK tonight bouncing to BITUSA!

Agreed, makes tonight slightly easier for me. Half of me wants him to pull something else out the bag tomorrow like WIESS but the selfish half of me really hopes he doesn't!

Still would rather be in KK tonight bouncing to BITUSA!

Agreed!!

Ironically, when he played it in Paris, it seemed to kill the mood of the place for the casual as much as the repeat viewer. From the title track to No Surrender the crowd were dead and Bruce seemed to pick up on this as the performances were a bit flat. Luckily, side 2 went down a storm and the gig was re-ignited.

Sigh... Here we go again.

Hi sue I hear you I just feel I would love to be there whatever he plays

Dont make yourself out to be a bigger fan now or that we are delighted sitting at home going haha those suckers got Born in the usa-hahaha!!

We are not.It was simply okay we heard many of those songs, we havent missed something new or a once off, this makes it a little easier to not be there.

If I could afford to go, id be there!!!!

Whether or not you like full-album performances, or "Born In The U.S.A." itself, I think it's safe to say that this just wasn't what most people on this board expected to occur at the penulitmate show of the European tour.

Anyhow, rabbit is fed and watermelon finished. Where are we? "Downbound Train"?

Album shows.....I'm conflicted. I've seen two at Coventry and Wembley and loved them both. But I loved the unpredicatability of Leeds once he'd played a Darkness and BitUSA track. I'd like to see BitUSA show though. And WIESS. Its a good concept but the danger is repeat viewings. And maybe, if the plan is an album show actually have a bit more to it. Actually barefoot girls sitting on dodge's for example? <_<

Dont make yourself out to be a bigger fan now or that we are delighted sitting at home going haha those suckers got Born in the usa-hahaha!!

We are not.It was simply okay we heard many of those songs, we havent missed something new or a once off, this makes it a little easier to not be there.

I doubt I am a bigger fan, i am sure you are but there were 2 tour premiers so looks like you did miss out if that's what you go for

Ironically, when he played it in Paris, it seemed to kill the mood of the place for the casual as much as the repeat viewer. From the title track to No Surrender the crowd were dead and Bruce seemed to pick up on this as the performances were a bit flat. Luckily, side 2 went down a storm and the gig was re-ignited.

Playing full albums can be hit and miss big time.When he played the full born to run in Limerick, I could see people around me lose interest, people were talking, leaving the area more.My sister didnt know many of the songs so it kind of killed the atmosphere a bit for her.

its always a great show no matter what but I just think he has more fun without the full album bit, taking more request etc.

But thats just my opinion.Im not giving out or getting angry.Again, every show is great.

Whether or not you like full-album performances, or "Born In The U.S.A." itself, I think it's safe to say that this just wasn't what most people on this board expected to occur at the penulitmate show of the European tour.

Twitter said No Surrender a few of minutes ago, so I'd imagine he's up to Bobby Jean by now.

I doubt I am a bigger fan, i am sure you are but there were 2 tour premiers so looks like you did miss out if that's what you go for

I didnt say I was.We will agree to disagree.

Twitter said No Surrender a few of minutes ago, so I'd imagine he's up to Bobby Jean by now.

Thanks for the update. Not enough time left to make a fresh roast pork then, eh? ;)

I didnt say I was.We will agree to disagree.

Agree to disagree with what, i have not disagreed with anything you have written. I am a Springsteen fan but not the biggest donuts easy and likely that there are many bigger fans. I simply stated an opinion that I would be happy with whatever he played and that if people state they are glad they did not go as someone else did that Bruce probably does not miss them. I think this is all pretty accurate and frankly uncontroversial

Thanks for the update. Not enough time left to make a fresh roast pork then, eh? ;)

Hahahahahaha! Nope. Sorry. Enough time to cook up some burgers in the frying pan though.

I have no real problems with the album shows. The only thing I ever wondered about them was why he plays them so early in the set (Usually). Pretty much all the ones he plays have such fantastic finishes (Incident-Rosie-NYCS, Meeting-Jungleland, Prove It-Darkness, My Hometown) that they should be the main set closers. At Metlife #3 he closed out the main set with Meeting-Jungleland, and I have to say, there was just no better way to finish a main set than something like that. It just seems that after the albums, the shows lose a lot of momentum and it would be fitting that they be played later in the set. Just my thoughts.

Archived