Greasy Lake Community

November/December Australia Tour (inc Perth)

I know, I know.. here we go again.. but if I don't put this out here, then no one will believe if it does actually come true..

Just came back from Springsteen and I...

While chatting to pssturges, he informed me that a mate of one of the attendees works for the Australian current affairs show 60 Minutes. This particular person has just flown back from overseas with one of the reporters (Liz Hayes)... Liz was actually interviewing Bruce and according to the guy that was on the set, they were informed that Bruce is booked to play a short encore tour in Australia, including Perth in November/December..

I am only the messenger of the rumours...

I await to be proven right or wrong...

It's possible given the previous rumours of the new album coming out in October. Seems a little unlikely to me but is certainly possible. These are not the first rumours of a return to Australia. Didn't the promoter go to Italy to speak to Bruce and Landau? If he returns then Perth would seem a dead cert as they missed it this time round.

Things could go finish Wrecking Ball in Sept in SA. New album Oct. Australia Nov & Dec. Take a break. US sheds Feb/March and then summer in Europe again.

The last dance..for a little while just a little while

I heard from 2 reliable sources today it will be March/April next year which makes more sense. I think he and the band need a decent break and will recharge to get back on the road next year to tour the new album. Still it's very very exciting to think he will be here again sometime sooner rather than later!

Garry Tallent tweeted a while back that he was playing some dates with his other band around Thanksgiving so Nov doesn't seem likely. Having said that Nils actually announced dates and cancelled them again when Bruce called so it doesn't mean much at this stage.

The March/April rumour makes more sense, assuming it'll be another tour after a new album. Didn't they already say Sth America was the last Wrecking Ball show?

I also think march/april makes more sense, there has to be a new album first!

I cant see the new tour starting before Christmas. I think the new Album will come out before Christmas then the start of the tour will be early 2014 in US because Bruce has not toured the US this fall. Then tour Australia and then Europe in the summer.

Is there anything solid about any of this. He's just come off a massive tour, which incidently still isn't finished yet. Pretty sure the South American dates are considered part of the Wrecking Ball tour. Can we really expect a new album the following month starting the machine and cycle whirring again. I just can't see it. Surely there will be a break, a tour DVD, quite probably an archive release next year, and then a new album late 2014. As much as I understand people's optimism and desire, of course.

I cant see the new tour starting before Christmas. I think the new Album will come out before Christmas then the start of the tour will be early 2014 in US because Bruce has not toured the US this fall. Then tour Australia and then Europe in the summer.

I can see this. I really think though that Bruce will do a US stadium tour and maybe go into some fall arena shows. That will almost 2 years and the demand will be higher than ever again. Demand is pretty high now as we were shut out in 2013, but I think if he were to wait until summer/fall 2014 demand would be through the roof. Either way, I'll take it!

Is there anything solid about any of this. He's just come off a massive tour, which incidently still isn't finished yet. Pretty sure the South American dates are considered part of the Wrecking Ball tour. Can we really expect a new album the following month starting the machine and cycle whirring again. I just can't see it. Surely there will be a break, a tour DVD, quite probably an archive release next year, and then a new album late 2014. As much as I understand people's optimism and desire, of course.

Enough rumours around to suggest Bruce has spoken to promoters re next year. He told Rolling Stone he has been recording with the band and was very happy with his new material. Some suggestions that people from Sony had already heard it. I think there is enough chatter out there to suggest we will be seeing him again next year. I got the distinct impression in Kilkenny he was coming back very very soon.

Enough rumours around to suggest Bruce has spoken to promoters re next year. He told Rolling Stone he has been recording with the band and was very happy with his new material. Some suggestions that people from Sony had already heard it. I think there is enough chatter out there to suggest we will be seeing him again next year. I got the distinct impression in Kilkenny he was coming back very very soon.

And add on the fact that he axed a US 2013 leg which indicates to me he will for sure be back soon.

And add on the fact that he axed a US 2013 leg which indicates to me he will for sure be back soon.

Yes totally agree. If he were planning a long lay off they would be doing sheds in the US until Thanksgiving. This is well advanced in my opinion. Plus Garry Tallent's daughter tweeted she may seen us all next summer when she left the European tour. I'm saving my money ;)

Archived