Greasy Lake Community

November/December Australia Tour (inc Perth)

Bloody hell! That's £134 a ticket! SO expensive!

Is this regarded as really expensive over in your country Australians?

It is expensive. But compared to some other current tours, its not way over the top of what could have been expected. Looking at the Frontier (promoters) website, they have the top Leonard Cohen tickets for $287. But then Muse (who with LC and Bruce all play the same Perth venue) top out at $130 for a GA ticket.

That's interesting- Muse toured over here (UK) around the same time as Bruce, same sort of venues, and the ticket prices were about the same. Definitely a hike up then in the prices for these Australian dates, sadly.

Is my prediction of a couple of weeks back - that we may have a guitar heavy album and 4 guitarists on the road! - coming to pass then!? (surely this wouldn't be for down under only)

This is the new album with four guitarists..The Sony guy tweet said Morello was all over the new album and mentioned an electric Tom Joad so Morello joins the band on the road or guests a bit aka Michelle Moore at the beginning of WB. Either way this is the stuff they have been working on and recording. Just need a name now.

This is the new album with four guitarists..The Sony guy tweet said Morello was all over the new album and mentioned an electric Tom Joad so Morello joins the band on the road or guests a bit aka Michelle Moore at the beginning of WB. Either way this is the stuff they have been working on and recording. Just need a name now.

SOUNDS GOOD!!! - could mean Jake only as well for the tour (no horn section) - a new album / tour / sound / approach......keeps it fresh for Bruce & band.......good news!

SOUNDS GOOD!!! - could mean Jake only as well for the tour (no horn section) - a new album / tour / sound / approach......keeps it fresh for Bruce & band.......good news!

Except the horn section were recording in Aus not just Jake. I think they will stay because Bruce will want them. A recent interview from either Steve or Garry said Bruce wanted a band that could cover everything from folk/acoustic to straight out rock...in general that is.

Except the horn section were recording in Aus not just Jake. I think they will stay because Bruce will want them. A recent interview from either Steve or Garry said Bruce wanted a band that could cover everything from folk/acoustic to straight out rock...in general that is.

BETTER STILL!!! as I love the horns (and would like to hear MORE of them) - sounding even better then!

This is so damn exciting.You'd swear I was going to Australia!

So must buy tracks in September, possible new album in October and tickets in Novewmber?!God help me.

I know. I don't think I have properly unpacked from Kilkenny yet.... ;) The Last Dance...

So must buy tracks in September, possible new album in October and tickets in Novewmber?!God help me.

I know. I don't think I have properly unpacked from Kilkenny yet.... ;) The Last Dance...

Must have been quite a moment to hear his speeh in Kilkenny, "The older you get the more it means...."

Iim not going to get my hopes up cos I just cant afford to go crazy so maybe 2 concerts again next year.A little more spaced out though to make it last longer!Limerick on tuesday and cork on thursday was great but it was over so quick and then nothing!The Iirsh dates were very close together.I would have liked to have maybe gone to belfast.

Must have been quite a moment to hear his speeh in Kilkenny, "The older you get the more it means...."

Iim not going to get my hopes up cos I just cant afford to go crazy so maybe 2 concerts again next year.A little more spaced out though to make it last longer!Limerick on tuesday and cork on thursday was great but it was over so quick and then nothing!The Iirsh dates were very close together.I would have liked to have maybe gone to belfast.

I cried during This Hard Land.......a lot...I sniffed a bit during Sprit but happy tears when he said we'll be back cos I knew he meant soon.

I cried during This Hard Land.......a lot...I sniffed a bit during Sprit but happy tears when he said we'll be back cos I knew he meant soon.

you have been following him so long that it must be emotional, you know?I was welling up watching it on youtube so could imagine being there!Limerick was my second, it was four years after my first.He walked out for the pre-show, I lost it.Could not believe he was there!Spilled half my beer from shaking.

hes something special thats for sure.

BETTER STILL!!! as I love the horns (and would like to hear MORE of them) - sounding even better then!

This sounds so exciting!The stage is really full already so adding Morello and possibly patti coming back?WOW.There wont be a song they cant play with that many people on stage!

you have been following him so long that it must be emotional, you know?I was welling up watching it on youtube so could imagine being there!Limerick was my second, it was four years after my first.He walked out for the pre-show, I lost it.Could not believe he was there!Spilled half my beer from shaking.

hes something special thats for sure.

Yes it was really emotional. Because he is older but we are older too. I was in my late teens when I first heard Bruce and became a fan and in my twenties the first time I saw him live so to see him now when I am middle aged and he is freaking nearly 64 yrs old is kind of strange in a sweet way plus we have lost so many people along the way. So I cried a lot during This Hard Land and part of that was thinking how it might be if I never got to see him again..It means a lot to him and to us older fans I think because this is kind of coming to an end in some ways whereas when we were all twenty years old it was like we were all going on forever and ever although we thought 30 was the end of life as we knew it, :D

This seems to confirm that the shows will feature SVZ & Morello, and is perhaps not the start of a new album tour (just yet anyway)...

In a rare treat for local audiences, bandana-wearing guitarist Steven Van Zandt, who did not make it Down Under in March due to acting commitments, will join his understudy, Rage Against the Machine’s Tom Morello, on stage.

“It’s a dream come true for me and they’re going to be very, very special shows,” Mr Gudinski.

“There will be Springsteen fans all over the world envious to the fact that both Morello and Van Zandt are on stage together.”

“This will be our most far-reaching tour of Australasia ever,” Mr Landau said.

“He’s not doing any other countries,” Mr Gudinski said. “This is a whole other tour, a one-off.”

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/entertainment/a/-/music/18517182/

This seems to confirm that the shows will feature SVZ & Morello, and is perhaps not the start of a new album tour (just yet anyway)...

In a rare treat for local audiences, bandana-wearing guitarist Steven Van Zandt, who did not make it Down Under in March due to acting commitments, will join his understudy, Rage Against the Machine’s Tom Morello, on stage.

“It’s a dream come true for me and they’re going to be very, very special shows,” Mr Gudinski.

“There will be Springsteen fans all over the world envious to the fact that both Morello and Van Zandt are on stage together.”

“This will be our most far-reaching tour of Australasia ever,” Mr Landau said.

“He’s not doing any other countries,” Mr Gudinski said. “This is a whole other tour, a one-off.”

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/entertainment/a/-/music/18517182/

I would bet that is not going to stay that way... ;) Especially as the 60 mins reporter who interviewed Bruce in Kilkenny said this was part of another world tour in the blurb on their website today.

After more than four decades in the rock and roll business, you'd think Bruce Springsteen might be slowing down.

Wrong.

He's about to turn 64 and "The Boss" is on fire.

As he winds down one world tour he's already preparing for another, which will once again bring him to Australia.

Springsteen has sold more than 120 million records to his disciple-like fans.

He prefers to speak through his music, talking of a spiritual connection with his audience. And when Liz Hayes caught up with him in Ireland, she discovered a man ready to bare his soul.

It would make no sense to go back to Aus after the end of WB was announced and take Morello for no reason at all.

I could see something like 2 or 3 nights at the London 02 happening this time round.

I bloody hope not. The 02 is a hole, and it sounds awful. Intimate, maybe - 4 or 5 nights at the Brixton Academy or something. Or 10 nights. Or the E Street Band could hit up the best little venue in the world, the Brixton Windmill.

Admittedly the capacity of the Windmill is about 100, if that, and they wouldn't even fit the entire band in the building. But I can dream though, right?

He's coming to NZ!!!! So excited right now. I was trying to have a sleep in this morning, but no, people were texting me asking if I had heard. I am already nervous about buying tickets, at least this year it was only me I had to worry about as no one could afford to come to Aussie with me, but this time I have to get three tickets at least. It is going to be amazing. Thank you Bruce for remembering your Kiwi fans!

Yes it was really emotional. Because he is older but we are older too. I was in my late teens when I first heard Bruce and became a fan and in my twenties the first time I saw him live so to see him now when I am middle aged and he is freaking nearly 64 yrs old is kind of strange in a sweet way plus we have lost so many people along the way. So I cried a lot during This Hard Land and part of that was thinking how it might be if I never got to see him again..It means a lot to him and to us older fans I think because this is kind of coming to an end in some ways whereas when we were all twenty years old it was like we were all going on forever and ever although we thought 30 was the end of life as we knew it, :D

I love this passage

Ok so I have a question for any one who may have been to Mt Smart Stadium. Here are the ticket prices from Frontier's page

Front Zone (General Admission) $197.75

Standing (General Admission) $134.50

A - Reserved Seating $248.00

B - Reserved Seating $174.75

C - Reserved Seating $99.50

I was going to go for GA but A reserve is so much more, any one know why? Are they that much better?

Archived