Greasy Lake Community

November/December Australia Tour (inc Perth)

When does Little Steven film the Norwegian version of Last of the Summer Wine?

Not sure they have confirmed Season 3 yet. He gave an interview to Norwegian tv saying they were still talking about it but that Bruce needed to know what his plans were .......can't imagine why.....;)

Is there anything solid about any of this. He's just come off a massive tour, which incidently still isn't finished yet. Pretty sure the South American dates are considered part of the Wrecking Ball tour. Can we really expect a new album the following month starting the machine and cycle whirring again. I just can't see it. Surely there will be a break, a tour DVD, quite probably an archive release next year, and then a new album late 2014. As much as I understand people's optimism and desire, of course.

Enough rumours around to suggest Bruce has spoken to promoters re next year. He told Rolling Stone he has been recording with the band and was very happy with his new material. Some suggestions that people from Sony had already heard it. I think there is enough chatter out there to suggest we will be seeing him again next year. I got the distinct impression in Kilkenny he was coming back very very soon.

And add on the fact that he axed a US 2013 leg which indicates to me he will for sure be back soon.

Yes totally agree. If he were planning a long lay off they would be doing sheds in the US until Thanksgiving. This is well advanced in my opinion. Plus Garry Tallent's daughter tweeted she may seen us all next summer when she left the European tour. I'm saving my money ;)

Same and if Bruce does tour Europe next summer the tickets would come out nov/dec? All the excitements starts again! something to look forward too :)

Agree. Twitter suggesting rumours that Landau met with European promoters recently to look at April 2014 but that doesn't seem right to me. April is too early for Europe. Why do indoor when you can do outdoor?

Ten night stand in Cardiff, arena-style :P

Agree. Twitter suggesting rumours that Landau met with European promoters recently to look at April 2014 but that doesn't seem right to me. April is too early for Europe. Why do indoor when you can do outdoor?

Much as we love Bruce I'm afraid he will take second place to rugby until June.

Much as we love Bruce I'm afraid he will take second place to rugby until June.

i'd trade every one of the All Blacks for just one Bruce Springsteen !!!

do these tour rumours include NZ this time?

so exciting to read all these posts about a new tour!Hope we are not setting ourselves up for disappointment though?

He finishes in September, tickets for Europe 2014 would go on sale in Nov/dec?Is it a tad early to expect more dates?Is it a bit rushed to get album out in before Christmas?

Although europe dates went on sale before wrecking ball came out so you never know....

Its all just so exciting.Best get saving.Hope to do more than 2 next time around, we shall see!

The wording that seems to be used for the "possible" Australian Tour is "a short, encore tour to Australia".. to me that means it won't be based around a new album, rather a continuation from the current one..

The wording that seems to be used for the "possible" Australian Tour is "a short, encore tour to Australia".. to me that means it won't be based around a new album, rather a continuation from the current one..

I think they already announced the Wrecking Ball tour was finishing in Rio.

The previous Oz rumours (of the promoter being in Italy to discuss an encore visit down under) were definitely for Mar/Apr and as many concur on here that would make more sense. At that time there was also a rumour on one of the Italian sites that they were going to do the US next summer and then Europe in the fall.

I wanted "that" rumour to be true ha!, but thought it unliklely at the time - however - with the US having missed out of late, and with almost another whole year to go around until we get to such a scenario (and then filling the outdoors in States or doing a "mix" over there?), you tend to think that the demand for this to happen in the US will be there and "they" can be the better pay day for a change + it gives Europe a 15 month break (as a market) AND it gives the European fan base the treat of indoor shows and at a different time of year!, (shakes things up for the band and their movements / travel etc as well as in "where" they are at "what" time of year etc!.....been in Europe in summer a lot recently and therefore away from home in summer a lot also!).

All just wishful thinking on my part - but - it doesn't seem as unlikely as I first thought when you think about it from certain angles!

The previous Oz rumours (of the promoter being in Italy to discuss an encore visit down under) were definitely for Mar/Apr and as many concur on here that would make more sense. At that time there was also a rumour on one of the Italian sites that they were going to do the US next summer and then Europe in the fall.

I wanted "that" rumour to be true ha!, but thought it unliklely at the time - however - with the US having missed out of late, and with almost another whole year to go around until we get to such a scenario (and then filling the outdoors in States or doing a "mix" over there?), you tend to think that the demand for this to happen in the US will be there and "they" can be the better pay day for a change + it gives Europe a 15 month break (as a market) AND it gives the European fan base the treat of indoor shows and at a different time of year!, (shakes things up for the band and their movements / travel etc as well as in "where" they are at "what" time of year etc!.....been in Europe in summer a lot recently and therefore away from home in summer a lot also!).

All just wishful thinking on my part - but - it doesn't seem as unlikely as I first thought when you think about it from certain angles!

Won't happen. He sells more tickets in Europe and can pack out stadiums here so I would expect him to be here from May - July and then go back to the US for some stadiums and sheds. I would expect him to start the tour in the US though in Feb/March. Bruce can always surprise people of course but in general he has toured the same way for about 30 years now so I don't expect any change now. I don't think an indoor arena tour with a band of this size would be cost effective in Europe as the indoor arenas are a lot smaller and there are very few indoor stadiums.

Won't happen. He sells more tickets in Europe and can pack out stadiums here so I would expect him to be here from May - July and then go back to the US for some stadiums and sheds. I would expect him to start the tour in the US though in Feb/March. Bruce can always surprise people of course but in general he has toured the same way for about 30 years now so I don't expect any change now. I don't think an indoor arena tour with a band of this size would be cost effective in Europe as the indoor arenas are a lot smaller and there are very few indoor stadiums.

That's all the logical stuff that we know Nancy - all the stuff that made me initially think that that rumour was unlikely - I was just trying to convince myself that it might not be "SO" unlikely, but you have just poured a big bucket of cold water on my fire now!!! Shame on you ha! (on a Monday morning too). I'm going to hang in there (in my head) for a while longer.....one thing I have learned in 30+ years and 106 shows and counting is don't second guess Bruce, don't predict what he WILL do, it's futile, because he has a habit of surprising us and if he can fill the stadiums in the US (because he has starved them) and let them be the pay day (like I said) he might just come over here and do multiple night stands in large indoor arenas in major cities (why would an extended version of what he did in 2007 be out of the question!?)............I can dream anyway,for a little while longer, it remains the rumour (and that's all these are)that I like the best ha!

If by some small chance he does an encore tour in Nov/Dec in Oz, maybe they'll hit stadiums this time and go for 1 or 2 shows in major cities like 2003. There's no question that the arena shows went over much better but perhaps with Gudinski on board stadium shows might work a little better with a pit and a better choice of venues. Hopefully they skip Hanging Rock next time too.

I still think arena shows next year is more likely though.

That's all the logical stuff that we know Nancy - all the stuff that made me initially think that that rumour was unlikely - I was just trying to convince myself that it might not be "SO" unlikely, but you have just poured a big bucket of cold water on my fire now!!! Shame on you ha! (on a Monday morning too). I'm going to hang in there (in my head) for a while longer.....one thing I have learned in 30+ years and 106 shows and counting is don't second guess Bruce, don't predict what he WILL do, it's futile, because he has a habit of surprising us and if he can fill the stadiums in the US (because he has starved them) and let them be the pay day (like I said) he might just come over here and do multiple night stands in large indoor arenas in major cities (why would an extended version of what he did in 2007 be out of the question!?)............I can dream anyway,for a little while longer, it remains the rumour (and that's all these are)that I like the best ha!

:D I'm having a grumpy Monday morning so sorry about the cold water shower.

If we look at the rumours that we have so far though it seems that there was some kind of a meeting in Italy with promoters from Europe and Australia, plus Bruce chose that time to go public with his future plans to Rolling Stone. If you are going to plan a tour usually you would be talking to your record company about new work and whether they will fund the tour or the marketing of it. A tweet from somebody stating Morello was all over the new album and mentioning the electric Joad said he got the info from someone at Sony. This makes sense in terms of the mostly finished but maybe not final mixed album being sent to Sony to see how much money they want to stump up and then you would talk to promoters re; bookings for next year. This is why I think the album is pretty much finished and that the tour is already fairly firm. That is firm in terms of this country at this time of year rather than this city or this venue which takes ages to sort out.

I keep going back to Olivia Tallent's tweet but she was also in Italy at the time of all these meetings and she tweeted as she was leaving the tour that she would maybe see us next summer. If I was a betting woman I would have a few quid on Bruce celebrating 50 years of performing on a stage in Europe in July.

This can all change of course but my runes are reading that way at the moment.

If we look at the rumours that we have so far though it seems that there was some kind of a meeting in Italy with promoters from Europe and Australia, plus Bruce chose that time to go public with his future plans to Rolling Stone. If you are going to plan a tour usually you would be talking to your record company about new work and whether they will fund the tour or the marketing of it. A tweet from somebody stating Morello was all over the new album and mentioning the electric Joad said he got the info from someone at Sony. This makes sense in terms of the mostly finished but maybe not final mixed album being sent to Sony to see how much money they want to stump up and then you would talk to promoters re; bookings for next year. This is why I think the album is pretty much finished and that the tour is already fairly firm. That is firm in terms of this country at this time of year rather than this city or this venue which takes ages to sort out.

I keep going back to Olivia Tallent's tweet but she was also in Italy at the time of all these meetings and she tweeted as she was leaving the tour that she would maybe see us next summer. If I was a betting woman I would have a few quid on Bruce celebrating 50 years of performing on a stage in Europe in July.

I've dried off now! ha!

On another subject (but the same subject) I wonder if Morello will be in the band / on the tour and we will have 4 guitarists (be a guitar heavy album & tour) and perhaps lose the horn section (rightly or wrongly) and let Jake take on the role solo......only time will tell on ALL fronts but for those that follow twitter etc (I don't) Tom Morello could be worth keeping an eye and ear on! Nils could play the parts but why record with him (Morello).

I've dried off now! ha!

On another subject (but the same subject) I wonder if Morello will be in the band / on the tour and we will have 4 guitarists (be a guitar heavy album & tour) and perhaps lose the horn section (rightly or wrongly) and let Jake take on the role solo......only time will tell on ALL fronts but for those that follow twitter etc (I don't) Tom Morello could be worth keeping an eye and ear on! Nils could play the parts but why record with him (Morello).

Good point. Maybe because he was available at the time and Steve wasn't there. However Morello tweeted way back July 2012 that he had been laying down tracks with an 'iconic rocker' in the studio. So quite possible he might pop up on tour but Bruce has recorded stuff in the past and then used different people on tour. SS comes to mind as he used a different banjo player on the record I think. I would think Steve and Nils would divide up Morello's bits although Bruce does seem to really like his sound so like you say 'watch this space'.

If by some small chance he does an encore tour in Nov/Dec in Oz, maybe they'll hit stadiums this time and go for 1 or 2 shows in major cities like 2003. There's no question that the arena shows went over much better but perhaps with Gudinski on board stadium shows might work a little better with a pit and a better choice of venues. Hopefully they skip Hanging Rock next time too.

I still think arena shows next year is more likely though.

Hope they stay away for Stadium shows and stick to the indoor arena gigs.

Morello went over really well in Oz...

Yes but they didn't have Steve. Big difference between 3 and 4 guitarists on the stage. Not saying he won't turn up but with Nils and Stevie why would Bruce need another one?

Well if Tommy's an essential part of the new album (if this next tour is for the new album) he'll be needed. I think it could go down quite well with the three of them plus Bruce.

Yes but they didn't have Steve. Big difference between 3 and 4 guitarists on the stage. Not saying he won't turn up but with Nils and Stevie why would Bruce need another one?

Yep, i agree. I personally would prefer he left one of them at home. I can do without Nils but yeah I realise I'm in the minority there.

Certainly not a matter of needing another one, more that he would want another one being Tom and it would be magnificent having the four of them playing off against each other!

Now back to the Australian tour, had confirmation today that Liz Hayes (Aussie 60 mins reporter) was indeed in Kilkenny last weekend, did interview a number of fans and one would imagine that she also interviewed Bruce. Would have to be to promote a second coming, so to speak ;)

Archived