Greasy Lake Community

November/December Australia Tour (inc Perth)

Morello went over really well in Oz...

Yes but they didn't have Steve. Big difference between 3 and 4 guitarists on the stage. Not saying he won't turn up but with Nils and Stevie why would Bruce need another one?

Certainly not a matter of needing another one, more that he would want another one being Tom and it would be magnificent having the four of them playing off against each other!

Now back to the Australian tour, had confirmation today that Liz Hayes (Aussie 60 mins reporter) was indeed in Kilkenny last weekend, did interview a number of fans and one would imagine that she also interviewed Bruce. Would have to be to promote a second coming, so to speak ;)

You don't fly a reporter to Ireland to interview an American rock star unless there's something to promote

Yes but they didn't have Steve. Big difference between 3 and 4 guitarists on the stage. Not saying he won't turn up but with Nils and Stevie why would Bruce need another one?

Certainly not a matter of needing another one, more that he would want another one being Tom and it would be magnificent having the four of them playing off against each other!

Now back to the Australian tour, had confirmation today that Liz Hayes (Aussie 60 mins reporter) was indeed in Kilkenny last weekend, did interview a number of fans and one would imagine that she also interviewed Bruce. Would have to be to promote a second coming, so to speak ;)

Excellent all we need now is countries/dates/venues and we can stop talking about his hair/his marriage etc :D

Excellent all we need now is countries/dates/venues and we can stop talking about his hair/his marriage etc :D

I had heard that Bruce's hair would be touring from November to March in Oz and he would meet up with it in April for some shows.

That's just a rumour at the moment. Supposedly Molly interviewed the hair for an upcoming special.

I think he'll be back soon too, although I'm hoping for 2015 from a coffers point of view.

Planning a Swedish trip next time and could do with a year to save...

I think Bruce and the E Street band are at a stage in their lives where they realise this is what they do and they'll take every opportunity to perform for the fans...

A year off makes sense, but so does a new album and Tour in 2014...

Predicting Doctor Who was easy in comparison...

You don't fly a reporter to Ireland to interview an American rock star unless there's something to promote

THIS...and sooner rather than later judging by the timing.

Ahh... The EU Wrecking Ball Tour was only over a week ago yeasterday and we're allready up to three pages with rumors mixed with some wishful thinking in between. I think we've been spoiled these last two years... :rolleyes:;)

It's either this or we are back to the hair plugs :D

I had heard that Bruce's hair would be touring from November to March in Oz and he would meet up with it in April for some shows.

That's just a rumour at the moment. Supposedly Molly interviewed the hair for an upcoming special.

JC, you better start washing dishes, mowing the lawn, or whatever you can to be allowed more time off at the end of the year!! :)

Selena, where did u hear about Liz Hayes? I have asked her on Twitter but no response as yet...

A friend was in Kilkenny and was actually interviewed by her. So it's certainly not one of those "my friends aunts hairdressers sister told me so" situations which is a damn fine thing :)

A friend was in Kilkenny and was actually interviewed by her. So it's certainly not one of those "my friends aunts hairdressers sister told me so" situations which is a damn fine thing :)

I think I know your friends aunts hairdressers sister... nice lady..

Also, I can confirm( not that I need to after Selena's post) that the rumour about a 60 minutes story is true.

Yep, i agree. I personally would prefer he left one of them at home. I can do without Nils but yeah I realise I'm in the minority there.

Im so glad i got to see Nils and Steve

especially Nils

- im not fused on Tom one little bit

actually i know he's having the time of his life up there, with our idol -

and i realise Tom is Bruce's friend ....and it is Bruce's music to play how and with whom ever he wants

but when you have Nils why do you need anymore guitars?

just let Nils soar

we already had a replacement for Steve when he left the band before the BITUSA tour and he is called Nils !!!

leave Tommy at home (-or leave him in Australia !!!)

i like acoustic GOTJ the best

and besides

i feel Tom shows off

... IMHO of course

Each to their own. Nils doesn't do much fer me.

Also, I can confirm( not that I need to after Selena's post) that the rumour about a 60 minutes story is true.

Inside info?

All I know is 60 minutes are doing a story on Bruce. Other details such as why or airing time, I don't know.

Too soon.

Does anyone remember the rumours of a tour in 2008 ending in Auckland? Can you imagine him going all the way to Aussie twice in a year and not playing the states at all.

I reckon aussie tour DVD for October hence the 60 minutes, after that? Well I hope Selena is right April next year, but again surely he needs a rest that was a epic couple of months for him.

Is Bruce starting his own Neverending Tour?

DVD is definitely an option.

I doubt they would fly a journalist from Aus to Ireland to promote a tour DVD given how little they have marketed precious tour DVDs and we are still waiting for most of the tours to release a DVD.

I think Nov/Dec is a bit soon but on the other hand it could make perfect sense for them to do that and then Steve gets to film in Jan/Feb, leaving March/April for the US and then May/June/July for Europe.

Bruce made it clear in Kilkenny he was only taking a short break.

Also - I think the band will rest, but be back sooner - if they let the entire touring machine disband now, it may take an effort to get it restarted again. I'm still going with SVZ's desire for Album, summer tour, album summer tour.

I can't see a tour DVD coming - as far as I know none of the shows were professionally filmed (apart from Hard Rock) and by professionally filmed I mean by cameras other than those required for the screens.

Lots of the shows had an extra crane camera used for recording.

I can't see a tour DVD coming - as far as I know none of the shows were professionally filmed (apart from Hard Rock) and by professionally filmed I mean by cameras other than those required for the screens.

Lots of the shows had an extra crane camera used for recording.

I'm sure one of the Melbourne shows I was at had a crane camera thing...or i could be imagining things.

I am sure the Aussie Tour is correct??? Why??

Cause I bloody MOVED BACK to states is why!!!!

Seriously, nothing would give me greater pleasure than for all my Aussie mates to be able to do it all over again sooner rather than later!

DVD is definitely an option.

I doubt they would fly a journalist from Aus to Ireland to promote a tour DVD given how little they have marketed precious tour DVDs and we are still waiting for most of the tours to release a DVD.

I think Nov/Dec is a bit soon but on the other hand it could make perfect sense for them to do that and then Steve gets to film in Jan/Feb, leaving March/April for the US and then May/June/July for Europe.

Bruce made it clear in Kilkenny he was only taking a short break.

Who said they would fly a journo over for a DVD release? I'd assume the story would incorporate a DVD release and return visit.

Archived