Peter

Which NON-Bruce song are you listening to right now?

G-Dead 6/28/85, Hershey Park - Morning Dew

The second of 4 shows in 5 nights. After SPAC on the 27th we headed to Hershey, but the rain came, too. Got set up in the taping section behind the soundboard, with a ground tarp, several golf umbrellas. I even brought a smaller umbrella that clamped on to my mic stand and extended above the microphones, just for them :) We spent most of the show under the 'brellas listening to the show and watching sound meters, etc. But after Drumz/Space the rain starting lightening, so that as Miracle was ending the whole taping section was coming out from under cover almost as one, like bears awakening from hibernation. I recall looking away from the stage, and the clouds broke open and the nearly full moon shone thru, just big and oh-so-radiant. Just then, Phil dropped the Phil-bomb to open Morning Dew. It was electrifying. Great rendition, with Jerry and Tiger. Enjoy!

https://archive.org/details/gd85-06-28.sbd.lemon2.5822.sbeok.shnf/gd6-28-85d2t06.shn 

G-Dead, Alpine Valley, 6/28/86 - Hell in a Bucket

After Dylan/Petty/Dead in Minneapolis I headed off to Milwaukee for the weekend of shows at Alpine Valley. this is one of those venues that brings out magic. Listen to boots of so many artists, and invariably the highlight reels will included moments from Alpine Valley (think Bruce and Man at the Top, 7/12/84 ;)).

Great show opener. Jerry and Tiger.

https://archive.org/details/gd86-06-28.sbd.miller.21272.sbeok.shnf/gd86-06-28d1t01.shn

11/11/93, Jerry Garcia Band, Providence - Simple Twist of Fate

just released today, from the upcoming CD release - sublime

G-Dead, Providence 6//24/74 - China Cat Sunflower => I Know You Rider

Jerry and Wolf, and the Wall of Sound

• Like 1

"Get Outside" by Robert Palmer - so good, and now "Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley". Love that bass:-)

Do you hear a bit of Walker Bros influence in "Western Stars" ?

• Like 2

Note Snowy White on guitar who more recently toured with Roger Waters on The Wall.

• Like 2

G-Dead, 1 July 85, Merriweather Post Pavilion - Dear Mr. Fantasy

https://archive.org/details/gd85-07-01.oade-schoeps.sacks.25243.sbeok.flacf/gd85-07-01oade-d3t02.flac

If you're a fan, listen thru the encore. Even revisit the rest of the show. It's so good.

The 4th show in 5 nights :) Another fine summer evening at a beautiful outdoor venue. Just smoking, start to finish. But after Drums > Space they tore into Dear Mr. Fantasy, then GDTRFB > Good Lovin' to end the set. I was listening to this driving back to NYC and got pulled over for speeding, because it is impossible to drive 55 with this playing. Then my favorite, Satisfaction > It's All Over Now, Baby Blue for the encore to send us on our way.

I worked the next day, then caught the redeye to London, arriving the morning of 3 July. Got settled in my hotel at Heathrow (convenient), then took the Tube to Piccadilly Circus to see a tout and pick up the tickets arranged by my scalper extraordinaire in NYC, Vance. Back to the hotel to rest up, then off to Wembley for all 3 Bruce shows, in 4 nights (3, 4, and 6 July). The 5th I scalped to see Dire Straits at Wembley Arena, where they were playing a multi-night stand. The 6th I packed extra tapes and batteries, went to Bruce at the stadium (doors opened at 2p, show started at 4p, over at 8p), then walked next door and scalped again for Dire Straits, started at 8:30p.

Driving back from a visit to folks in Basingstoke the next day I got pulled over for speeding - with the GD GDTRFB > Good Lovin' playing again!

The 8th I flew back, and got to meet Clarence and Patti on the plane - I was seatmates with the tour physio, and he took me to shake hands, say hi, etc.

Nine shows in 10 nights: 3 states, 2 countries - lordy, I HAD FUN!!

• Like 2

from my Youtube wanderings - Miss Linda, Long Long Time

• Like 2

More Linda - It Doesn't Matter Anymore

and more - Someone to Lay Down Beside Me

This introduced the writer Karla Bonoff to listeners. Such a talent! (ETA: fixed the link! That entire Atlanta '77 show is so wonderful! Great touring band, too.)

• Like 1

from the radio this am, hadn't heard this in donkey's years - Bobby Vee, Come Back When You Grow Up

When innocent puppy love still existed ...

• Like 1