Which NON-Bruce song are you listening to right now?

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/24/2020 at 6:25 PM, JimCT said:

This day in 1984, G-Dead @ SPAC. Soft summer night, towering pine trees, and a Satisfaction > Baby Blue encore to send us our our way. I miss the Summer Tours of yore!

https://archive.org/details/gd1984-06-24.sbd.miller.27449.sbeok.flac16/gd84-06-24d3t06.flac

Bruce played the same venue a month and three days later.   My first experience with the Boss!

SPAC '85, hot Hell in a Bucket - trouble ahead, Jerry in red! :D More than 40k people, a record that will stand forever.

Bruce has had some great gospel/blues songs on his radio show recently.  I don't think he's played this one, but I reckon he wrote Land Of Hope And Dreams in answer to it. :)

• Like 1
6 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

Bruce has had some great gospel/blues songs on his radio show recently.  I don't think he's played this one, but I reckon he wrote Land Of Hope And Dreams in answer to it. :)

Not quite

Show 4

image.png.2d3ff03bc35130ebee79dc067192c938.png

• Thanks 1

7/1/85, 2d night at Merriweather - Dear Mr. Fantasy > GDTRFB > Good Lovin', Satisfaction > Baby Blue

While the entire show is worthy, this stretch after Space to close the 2d set, plus the encore, is just stellar. Driving home from the show I got a ticket for speeding while crossing Staten Island listening to the GDTRFB > Good Lovin' pair. After working 7/2 I took the tWA big bird east to London for the three Bruce shows at Wembley. That Sunday I drove out to Basingstoke to see my brother's in-laws, and got stopped on the M25 coming back, listening to the same Good Lovin'! Enjoy!

https://gratefuldeadoftheday.com/07-01-1985