Greasy Lake Community

Which NON-Bruce song are you listening to right now?

Peter

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2020 marks 60 years since the recording of Ben E. King's seminal single 'Stand By Me.' It is Whispering Bob Harris' favourite song of all time.

Coincidentally, 2020 also marks 50 years since Bob began his own seminal broadcasting career. 

With this outstanding coincidence in mind, we thought it gives the perfect opportunity to bring the music community together to record an extremely special version of the song to raise much needed funds for musicians all over the country. The Covid-19 pandemic has decimated musicians' sources of income, and with no prospect of gigs beginning to take place again any time soon, we wanted to help musicians everywhere stay afloat.

This very special recording of Stand By Me will feature some of the finest musicians on earth, all contributing their parts from isolation in locations across the world to make one incredible project.

Artists featured VOCALISTS In order of appearance: Jimmie Allen Rosanne Cash John Oates Keb' Mo' Robert Vincent Twinnie Kiki Dee Eric Brace Peter Frampton Demi Marriner Robbie Cavanagh Darius Rucker Beth Nielsen Chapman Mollie Marriott Leo Sayer Wildwood Kin Callaghan Judie Tzuke Siobhan Maher-Kennedy Dan Bettridge Ward Thomas The Shires Jonny Morgan Laura Oakes Paul Rodgers P.P. Arnold Mandy Barnett Judith Owen Sam Palladio Elles Bailey Sam Outlaw Martyn Joseph Jamie Lawson Laura Cantrell Richard Thompson Catherine McGrath Kimmie Rhodes Marc Cohn Thea Gilmore

MUSICIANS Electric guitar: Gregor Philp Mark Knopfler Steve Cradock Gabriel Rhodes Duane Eddy Peter Frampton Acoustic guitar: Gregor Philp Jamie Lawson Nigel Stonier Keb' Mo' Pedal steel guitar: C.J. Hillman Piano: Rick Wakeman Anna Corcoran Hammond organ: Nigel Stonier Bass: Leland Sklar Scott Warman Drums: Jeremy Stacey Pedro Segundo Violin: Amy Chalmers Georgina Leach Cello: Gabriella Swallow Caleb Elliott Triangle: Bob Harris

• Like 1

3 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

It only takes 15 minutes to understand why I love Judy.  Perhaps @soulcrusader78 and @Beautiful Loser will enjoy this too.

I've needed her more than I've needed Bruce these last couple of weeks.

People on the internet always go on and on in fervent discussions about who is the best guitarist or the best drummer ever. I’m far interested in the power of the human voice in song, far more immediate to the heart of the listener and far more impressive. Judy is my number one favorite singer. She’s the only one who’s actually made me cry while listening to her sing. Nobody else has ever done that or has the capability to. It takes only three and a half minutes to understand why I love her.

(Sadly In 240p but the one on YouTube is cut a minute short for some dumb reason) 

• Like 2