Greasy Lake Community

Which NON-Bruce song are you listening to right now?

Peter

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave Matthews Band - Mercy

Seeing DMB live for the first time on December 3rd... Also the band's first tour to SA... DMB in December followed by Bruce in Jan... Good times!

Love the song, love the band. I've seen them three times. Twice it was incredible, the third time it was dull. I'm hoping to give them another go soon, though.

I trust you're aware that Dave himself is actually from South Africa? Johannesburg, like you.

• Like 1

Dave Matthews Band - Mercy

Seeing DMB live for the first time on December 3rd... Also the band's first tour to SA... DMB in December followed by Bruce in Jan... Good times!

Love the song, love the band. I've seen them three times. Twice it was incredible, the third time it was dull. I'm hoping to give them another go soon, though.

I trust you're aware that Dave himself is actually from South Africa? Johannesburg, like you.

I do indeed! I've heard a few 'South Africanisms' creep in now and then on live recordings, like 'lekker' (nice) and 'boep' which is Afrikaans slang for a beer gut.

It's a big part of the excitement, Dave playing in front of South African audiences for the very first time... We're expecting something a bit special. On AntsMarching, a DMB forum, I see many people are making the trip here from the US and Europe because they're expecting special setlists and shows.

Two dreams I had, seeing DMB in Jhb, and seeing Bruce as part of his very first South African audience, and both are going to be scratched off my bucket list in a space of two months. I feel genuinely lucky and blessed...

Dave Matthews Band are on their first tour to SA. Played Cape Town Saturday and SUnday nights, I'm seeing them at the Jo'burg gig tomorrow night.

Saturday night they debuted this... A cover of the Rodriguez classic Sugarman... Something the SA crowd was very familiar with and LOVED... Great audience vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSd6OF6C2M8

I suspect on Wednesday morning I will be posting in the 'best (non Bruce) gig of 2013 thread!