Greasy Lake Community

The Ultimate Springsteen Compilation Album Track 1, Round 1

The Ultimate Springsteen Compilation Album (Round 1, Track 1)  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What is Your Favorite Track from "Greetings from Asbury Park, NJ"?

• Blinded by the Light
    • Growin' Up
    • Mary, Queen of Arkansas
    • Does this Bus Stop at 82nd Street?
    • Lost in the Flood
    • The Angel
    • For You
    • Spirit in the Night
    • It's Hard to be a Saint in the City

Greetings, folks. I remember doing this game back in 2007 - 2008 or so. It has been a while, and with two new albums since then, I figured we could all play again and vote to make the ultimate Springsteen compilation album.

The compilation will be made up of ONE track from each studio album which would equal seventeen tracks (and if a new album is out by the time we reach "Wrecking Ball", it will be eighteen tracks :D) .

Tracks from live albums and outtake albums will not be included.

I will leave each poll up for ONE WEEK for you all to vote for your favorite track.

At the end of the week, the track with the least amount of votes will be eliminated.

Rounds will continue until one track remains from each album, thus creating the Ultimate Springsteen Compilation album per votes from awesome Greasy Lake people.

First Up, Greetings from Asbury Park NJ: 9 Tracks, 8 Rounds, but only 1 Track can make the album.

Let the fun begin

Bruce_Springsteen_Greetings_From_Asbury_

Damn! 3 votes for Lost in the Flood already...the version from Live in New York City kicks some serious booty! At the Devils and Dust show I went to, he had Lost in the Flood on the set list but some dude in the crowd yelled out for Real World...guess what Bruce played...not Lost in the Flood :(

Cool, let's do this! Lost in the Flood for me. Nothing else even compares.

I don't think i thought that. Until LINYC came out.

Weren't you at that show, ENJ, and you were wondering why everybody was getting excited about Lost in the Flood?

Cool, let's do this! Lost in the Flood for me. Nothing else even compares.

I don't think i thought that. Until LINYC came out.

Weren't you at that show, ENJ, and you were wondering why everybody was getting excited about Lost in the Flood?

I was.... It seemed like people were crying and hugging all around me. And somehow, even though my wife had Asbury Park on vinyl i had pretty much only listened to like 4 songs and Lost wasn't one of them. But it was obvious something special was happening.

To say i was floored would be an understatement.

I remember watching LINYC on a VHS that my dad recorded off of HBO...he must have left it recording all night because I watched it a few days later by myself and after the concert was over, a very sexy adult film followed. So I learned two things from LINYC...how awesome Bruce was live and what the adult film industry is all about....bwhahahahahahahahahaha :lol:

Does anyone else feel that picking Lost In The Flood simply by virtue of the LINYC version is kind of cheating? That is only one live rendition of the song. Should we not be picking songs based on how they are heard on the album?

Does anyone else feel that picking Lost In The Flood simply by virtue of the LINYC version is kind of cheating? That is only one live rendition of the song. Should we not be picking songs based on how they are heard on the album?

Agreed, For me It's Hard To Be A Saint In The City would come close if we are including live performances but the album version would not.

i love lost in the flood regardless of which live version i love the best -never heard one i didn't love

It's hard to pick a fav off Greetings -

but if it came down to what i couldn't live without -.....

it would still be lost in the flood

- i did hear it first on LINYC -and i do love that ...

-but it's studio version is still one of my fav songs

so my vote stays with Lost in the flood !!

Archived