Greasy Lake Community

HIGH HOPES - Released soon ???

I'm glad if Bruce decides to release something 'cause I have rarely been disappointed before. I would love to get a rocking new album with new Bruce originals. However, I'm confident that if he puts out a cover album, it will be great. Only downside would be that we'd probably have to wait longer for the next album of his own material.

I don't think that releasing an album of covers has anything to do with his songwriting capability. Because if he wants to put out an album with covers, why not now? Why later? Do you really think he has to put out one or maybe two more albums to show the world he can write songs.

I actually really like High Hopes. I mean the version released with Blood Brothers video. Haven't seen the new live version and I'm not gonna watch it now because I want to listen to the new studio recording first. I'm a little surprised that people say they hate this song or that it is garbage. I'd like to know what it actually is that people dislike in it. Music, lyrics...?

First single off the new album. This isn't really rocket science.

Why do you try to make things so complicated? Silly really.

Maybe because no new album has been announced yet, and the supposed first single appears to be a rather weird choice?

Ain't rocket science either.

In a couple of days we should know.

Re-recording a 19 year old cover version which was hidden away on a hard to find promo EP and then putting it out as a lead single from any album is barrel scraping if true, and I'm having a hard time believing Bruce would do that. Especially as by all accounts he's writing songs regularly.

Not forgetting that High Hopes can also be found on an EP with Secret Garden, Missing and Ghost Of Tom Joad.

Re-recording a 19 year old cover version which was hidden away on a hard to find promo EP and then putting it out as a lead single from any album is barrel scraping if true, and I'm having a hard time believing Bruce would do that. Especially as by all accounts he's writing songs regularly.

Not forgetting that High Hopes can also be found on an EP with Secret Garden, Missing and Ghost Of Tom Joad.

Which EP is that?

Maybe because no new album has been announced yet, and the supposed first single appeared to be a rather weird choice?

Not to mention that, all things considered, the only evidence we have that this mysterious "High Hopes" release even exists is from some random Danish source.

Which EP is that?

This one

Bruce+Springsteen+-+Secret+Garden+-+5%22

Maybe because no new album has been announced yet, and the supposed first single appeared to be a rather weird choice?

Not to mention that, all things considered, the only evidence we have that this mysterious "High Hopes" release even exists is from some random Danish source.

Not exactly : this website is one of the main sort of Deezer/spotify service in Scandinavia. Also the same kind of provider (a German one) had upload the same info today.

http://www.musicbox.de/musicbox/dispatch.do?def=.detailsLayout&productId=2038781&catUniqueName=Bruce+Springsteen

That's a given fact : a single by Bruce Springsteen, called High Hopes will be available on November 25.

Has anyone stopped to listen to HH since this news? I think the lyrics are pretty relevant. I think Bruce has a great grasp over his catalogue, and he knows what he wants to say, and how to say it. I think he's also a perfectionist, and I think he wants to release the best versions of all his work. DBD, for example and now this.

Has anyone stopped to listen to HH since this news? I think the lyrics are pretty relevant. I think Bruce has a great grasp over his catalogue, and he knows what he wants to say, and how to say it. I think he's also a perfectionist, and I think he wants to release the best versions of all his work. DBD, for example and now this.

"They're gonna smother love, they're gonna shoot your hopes

Before the meek inherit they'll learn to hate themselves"

I'd say that hits the nail on the head.

I think the song is relevant to the times. Kinda surprised at the amount of disdain for the song too seeing as I think it has great lyrics and a great melody.

I don't think we should assume that this release is connected to a new album. Could it be something they're putting out for Record Store Day?

I don't think so because pretty much all of that stuff is only on vinyl

If there is a new album (IF), my vote is for an WB Tour highlights album.....which makes sense given all the recent video releases. If that is the case, HH would be from the Oz shows.

I think it's reasonable to say this could be an EP or compilation in time for SA and Oz shows and then a new album in the new year to tour the states and Europe with. It could also be off the new album. The point is, no one knows until it's announced.

This thread is so full of bullshit. I sincerely hope that whatever comes next causes some of these people to decide that it's time to get off the train, because this is ridiculous.

You really do hate people having their own opinions, don't you?

Archived