Greasy Lake Community

HIGH HOPES - Released soon ???

So how many discs do you think we will get on this rumoured tracks 2?

As long it is not a single CD with a mix of recycled covers and other left-overs, I'm satisfied.

Yeah, Wimp is saying 11/19 and the German site is saying 11/25. Maybe 11/19 is the correct date? Then again it could be 11/25. Or January. :wacko:

I am only guessing here. But maybe, since Wimp is a streaming site, they have the song available before any buyer sites does?

You can not download a copy to your computer from Wimp. Only stream it online. On the Sony germany site you can buy and download the song.

Anyway, the wimp link is not available, sooooo... :)

As long it is not a single CD with a mix of recycled covers and other left-overs, I'm satisfied.

In an interview he made after the 1st Tracks album he said he had as many songs, if not more available for a second boxset. But that was many moons ago.

In an interview he made after the 1st Tracks album he said he had as many songs, if not more available for a second boxset. But that was many moons ago.

Well, he's supposed to have recorded a lot since then. The point is whether the rumored "Tracks 2" means a boxset as the first one, or an album in the vein of Tracks (or Essential Disc 3)... And the latter option scares me a lot. Let's hope for the best.

'Tracks' was originally supposed to consist of about 100 songs, spread over six discs.

They did plough through about 200-300 songs first before whittling it down to that amount, though!

http://brucebase.wikispaces.com/Tracks+-+Studio+Sessions

Check out the bit about the aborted 1993 'archives' release, though - 15 of those 25 songs are still unreleased, and many of those have never even been bootlegged.

The point is whether the rumored "Tracks 2" means a boxset as the first one, or an album in the vein of Tracks (or Essential Disc 3)... And the latter option scares me a lot. Let's hope for the best.

It scares you? :blink: Whatever do you mean?

Why would you put a cover of a song high hopes on an album of outtakes by an artist?

That's actually a great question. Maybe they want a single and video to promote the presumed box set. They didn't do that last time, and it would be a good move to boost sales in my opinion.

The point is whether the rumored "Tracks 2" means a boxset as the first one, or an album in the vein of Tracks (or Essential Disc 3)... And the latter option scares me a lot. Let's hope for the best.

What's so strange? There are two options in my reply. the second is rather scary, IMHO. Imgine everybody expects four discs and you get a single one... It's rather scaring, isn't it?

What's so strange? There are two options in my reply. the second is rather scary, IMHO. Imgine everybody expects four discs and you get a single one... It's rather scaring, isn't it?

Oh...that makes sense. I didn't understand what you meant, either. :lol:

Oh...that makes sense. I didn't understand what you meant, either. :lol:

That's fine. :lol:

Well no, it doesn't scare me. I might be disappointed if I was expecting four discs, but I'm not, so I won't be. :D

There hasn't been any suggestion that there would be four discs, surely? The impression that I got was that "Tracks 2" was just a way of referring to the album to indicate that it was a compilation of out-takes etc, rather than new material. I surely didn't take it to mean it would be a similar issue to "Tracks". It could be a 2-disc set (like "The Promise") though - say with some out-takes, some live material and some collaborations. Anything's possible. Nothing scares me though. B)

Well no, it doesn't scare me. I might be disappointed if I was expecting four discs, but I'm not, so I won't be. :D

There hasn't been any suggestion that there would be four discs, surely? The impression that I got was that "Tracks 2" was just a way of referring to the album to indicate that it was a compilation of out-takes etc, rather than new material. I surely didn't take it to mean it would be a similar issue to "Tracks". It could be a 2-disc set (like "The Promise") though - say with some out-takes, some live material and some collaborations. Anything's possible. Nothing scares me though. B)

No, "four discs" was just an exemple based on the first boxset to explain what I meant.

No, "four discs" was just an exemple based on the first boxset to explain what I meant.

Some people will be expecting multiple discs because of the use of the phrase "Tracks 2" though. People can be very literal-minded.

Some people will be expecting multiple discs because of the use of the phrase "Tracks 2" though. People can be very literal-minded.

Well, we live in twitter times, you know. ;) People take those rumors as the gospel. If a Tracks II is announced as a fact, it's inevitable fans think of a multi-disc boxset.

Archived