Greasy Lake Community

HIGH HOPES - Released soon ???

Sounds like it'll be really good. I don't have Facefuck so I'll have to wait but I'm pleased it's sounding good to folks that have heard it.

Just so you know I read all your posts as Orson Welles so I chuckled when I read "facefuck" in my head.

OK, love it. Love the vocals, the backing vocals, the horns, love Morello. If it's indeed the lead single from a new album, I certainly find it stronger than WTCOOO, which was my least favourite from WB.

OK, love it. Love the vocals, the backing vocals, the horns, love Morello. If it's indeed the lead single from a new album, I certainly find it stronger than WTCOOO, which was my least favourite from WB.

The horns are really doing it for me...

Looking forward to seeing this played live on the 26th of January squire? I know I am!

I discovered a Curtis Mayfield tribute album a little while ago on which Bruce does a really great version of Gypsy Woman...

Steve and Desmond, Gypsy Woman is one of my favorite Bruce recordings ever. If you get a chance to read it, this was what I wrote about it:

http://www.greasylake.org/the-circuit/index.php?/topic/112830-missing/#entry2244979

As I said in another thread, my top five cover songs recorded by Bruce are the following:

1. Gypsy Woman

2. Vigilante Man

3. I Ain't Got No Home

4. Viva Las Vegas

5. How Can A Poor Man Stand Such Times and Live?

Looking forward to seeing this played live on the 26th of January squire? I know I am!

I'm looking forward to seeing it played live on the 18th of January!!!!!!

Yup, that's what I'd like to have sorted out. What's coming, Tracks 2, Studio covers, Origional album and some kind of Covers/Tracks thing? My brain wasn't designed for this kind of high end thinking. This is like Rock and Roll Quantum physics.

Given that this is clearly a new recording, it seems that a Tracks 2 doesn't really make sense, does it?

maybe mostly new material with HH as a bonus-type track?

That's what I first thought when all the rumours started about Joad and Dream Baby Dream. That they'd be bonuses on a new set of songs type album. But the High Hopes killed that theory a bit. Especially as its the lead single, (if its part if an album of course).

Does the cover art say anything about who produced it?

I don't have facecrap but apparently it's sounding simply fantastic. According to the BTXers anyway.

Maybe Peter and Promise will dig it after all, haha.

I hear Morello rawks.

This needs its own thread.

I can only speak for Promise, Kay. And he no like.

I'm looking forward to seeing it played live on the 18th of January!!!!!!

Good for you mate! I thought that with this being a new Bruce Springsteen single and his next scheduled appearance being on the 26th of January in Cape Town, for which DesmondP and I have tickets, we had a pretty good chance of seeing this performed live... But perhaps you have a private show booked for the 18th? Nice! ;)

Archived