Greasy Lake Community

HIGH HOPES - Released soon ???

Yep.

See people, that version of High Hopes above is fantastic.

Agreed. Looking back, I’m a little disappointed that ‘High Hopes’ wasn’t played at my only ever Bruce show (Brisbane night #1) despite being set-listed as an alternative to Shackled. Then again, I would have been probably more disappointed if Shackled wasn’t played. Oh well, maybe next time.

(Live from 2013 in Aussie)

Am I the only one playing this on repeat right now, smiling like idiot because I love this man so much?

Like it. Like it a lot. Morello certainly does add even more energy on stage. This next album and tour could be the best since...the wrecking ball album and tour.

I hope High Hopes is on there, and even Dream Baby Dream. I don't care if they're tracks number 11 and 12 at the backend of the album or even if they are Deluxe Edition / iTunes bonus content. They are (in my opinion) fabulous renditions based on what I have heard so far.

Tuesday cannot get here fast enough!

I think most of us are hoping for an album with Bruce's own material BD. And be prepared for the vitriol on boards if it's not. Should be entertaining.

But I do hope to get High Hopes released, whether it be on the next album or some sort of compilation.

Yeah, I agree.

But something seems weird about all of this to me. Like we're not getting the full story. I think there is more to this than just a cover album.

But of course I don't have any sourceS. :P

does anyone else think that Evert Bradly is a fantatic addition to the touring band

i know it takes a village to stand in for the big man

and the E Street horns and Jake have been great

but Evert -i probably have spelt his name wrong - adds a whole nother element

Well so far our guesses about it being a cover album stem from High Hopes and Dream Baby Dream not being fresh Bruce-cuts. I don't know where this electric Ghost of Tom Joad rumor came from, but I'd imagine that maybe they'd put that song on a Deluxe version of whatever his next album may be, sort of like the harder rocking version of American Land made it on the deluxe WB.

Think about it, though. Wrecking Ball had 2 previous Bruce tracks reorchestrated. So far, this new album (lets call it High Hopes for now) has 2 probable ones as well. Until we hear a studio version of GOTJ, I wouldn't be too honed in on that idea. But I could be wrong.

Either way, that gives us 9-10 other songs that could very well be Springsteen originals. The man is always writing.

does anyone else think that Evert Bradly is a fantatic addition to the touring band

That's interesting, because he is the new band lead on a US talk show .

(Live from 2013 in Aussie)

Am I the only one playing this on repeat right now, smiling like idiot because I love this man so much?

EPA%20-%20Train%20Wreck%20Photo.jpg

This train carries losers and winners

Mostly losers if he put High Hopes on the new album

Why not go all out and put Goin' Cali, Lucky Man, Lets Be Friends and Pink Cadillac on there as well? He could make a nice compilation of the worst shite he's ever recorded instead of a Greatest Hits.

That's interesting, because he is the new band lead on a US talk show .

really -?

im googerling away -

im curiouse now

thanks

Archived