Greasy Lake Community

Since there is no Chelski thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

KEPA ON THE BENCH will he refuse to sit there???

Where was the captain to grab him by his balls and drag him off the field? I'd be fuming if I was a Chelsea fan. KEPA DISGRACE

Bring Back Rafa!

Posted Images

I'm waiting to see the squad list to see what sort of team we're going to see as we already know Man U aren't taking the tournament seriously so i'm glad I chose chelski in charlotte as opposed to man u in Chicago for a game to see....

Falcao signs for Chelski !!! I get a chance to boo him in Charlotte in a couple of weeks!!!

Falcao and Costa up front for Chelsea could be the league winning formula if Falcao can get his scoring boots back on.

They played together in Spain and won the Spanish cup

having already signed Brazilian wonderkid Nathan so they can send him out on loan somewhere, Chelski are apparently in talks to sign Brazilian wonderkid Kennedy to do the same with him

the chelski loan machine wakes up and begins to loan out the approximately 30 players they need to offload

andreas Christensen to borussia moenchengladbach

josh mceachran once the great engish hope for Chelsea has been sold to brentford...

interesting summer so far for chelski as they are operating with a much smaller senior squad than say Liverpool or man u - I think they only still have 19 senior players having swapped falcao for

drogba and begovic for cech - am I missing any?

so I can only assume they will pad out their squad with whomever they cant loan out from their collection of other players???

oh and I don't know if the frank lampard saga is making news in blighty but he pulled out of his much hyped delayed debut with a calf strain after peeps had bought tickets and ESPN had moved the game to its primetime now he may not play in the next games as its on artificial turf!!!!at this rate the season will be over....

tomas kalas who has played one prem game for chelski in 5 years (the game at anfield that secured the title for man city in 2014) is going out on loan to Middlesboro - up to 9 players out on loan now - one third of the superfluous squad gone!

in shameful MLS news the commissioner picked Gerrard and Lampard to play in the All-Star game against tottenham in two weeks even though lampard in particular might not even kick a ball by then - definitely a kick in the goolies to all the MLS players who have actually been playing this season like Robbie keane.

• Like 1

in shameful MLS news the commissioner picked Gerrard and Lampard to play in the All-Star game against tottenham in two weeks even though lampard in particular might not even kick a ball by then - definitely a kick in the goolies to all the MLS players who have actually been playing this season like Robbie keane.

It's all about "star power" to sell tickets Andrew. MLS is a second rate League anyway and partially needs European names to remain relevant. So sad....

well yes that is a little true but most of the tickets for the all-star game were sold a long time ago and its well nigh impossible to make travel plans now at uch short notice - had I known

Malibu stevie g would play I might have gone....

I agree that it's shameful, but let's face it. This league has, is, and will continue to do whatever it can to raise its profile and tv ratings. Of course he wants to show off the marquee signings at what is the biggest day for MLS exposure other than the MLS Cup final (and I'm actually not sure about that). The game doesn't matter in any way, shape or form, so of course you want to get the average American sports fan - who's not really interested in soccer, but maybe curious about these two he's heard about so much even on American tv - to watch and hopefully expose him to soccer and maybe even get a little bit interested in the league. Not saying it's right, but just the way it is. If I were in the MLS PR office, I'd be happier than hell at Garber's decision, because my job is to promote and grow the league. I really don't care too much about the "purists" think.

• Like 1

chelski have flown to montreal Canada even though their preseason games are in yankeeland

here is the squad they took no real surprises except I guess not taking Bamford? or Ake?

The pre-season squad in Canada this week is as follows:

Thibaut Courtois, Asmir Begovic, Jamal Blackman, Cesar Azpilicueta, Branislav Ivanovic, Ola Aina, Gary Cahill, John Terry, Kurt Zouma, Jake Clarke-Salter, Nemanja Matic, John Mikel Obi, Nathaniel Chalobah, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Ramires, Cesc Fabregas, Oscar, Eden Hazard, Bertrand Traore, Victor Moses, Loic Remy, Diego Costa and Dominic Solanke.

Added to players who were part of the first-team squad that secured the league title last season are new-signing Begovic (pictured below) plus Moses, Chalobah and Traore who were on loan last campaign and from the Chelsea Academy, Aina, Clarke-Salter and Solanke.

The internationals who competed in the Copa America this summer, Filipe Luis, Willian, Juan Cuadrado and new loan-signing Radamel Falcao, will join up with the squad midway through the visit.

pantic becomes the 11th player to go out on loan - off to vitesse Arnhem

still probably another 11 or so to go out , left off tour squad as well as Bamford and Ake are Marin (former german star), Romeu (hyped when he arrived from Barcelona) and Salah

all of whom are over 21.

bamford off on loan to crystal palace - loanee list up to 13.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/20/chelsea-patrick-bamford-loan-crystal-palace

still on the books and over 21 not in the team though are

davilla, delac, kane, marin, moses, omerou, romeu, salah and blackman

though there is a little room in the squad if Jose wants to keep a couple or maybe three of these....

• Like 1