Greasy Lake Community

Since there is no Chelski thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

KEPA ON THE BENCH will he refuse to sit there???

Well that record didn't stand for long

Bring Back Rafa!

Posted Images

don an article about the 15 players who have gone through Vitesse Arnhem in the last few seasons (only one of whom made the chelski team abd that was Matic only after chelski sold him!!!)

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/aiden-cusick/success-at-vitesse-where-_b_7793204.html

of course clubs are limited to only 4 players on loan at a specific club so this is just a small portion of the Chelsea loanee army

a long day of driving (approx. 500 mile round trip) is behind me here are some observations.

Chelski didn't use any of their young players not sure if this means Jose has given up on them or not but there was no playing time for any of the half a dozen youngsters instead I think we just saw the core 18 plus Moses who of course scored the goal. It was noticeable that Chelski rotated everyone except Terry and their two full backs since they don't have a reserve full back on either side.

I think the champions cup use web monkeys who don't like their job as the "welcome to Charlotte" email contained parking info and directions to rentschler field in Hartford Connecticut!

Stadium announcer bizarrely announced each time there was a corner who was taking it I have never seen that before not sure the point.

the game was entertaining enough from my seat in the comfy club level! though the stadium was nowhere near as full as for Liverpool last year probably because the novelty wore off but more likely that the peeps in Charlotte had gone to see the Gold Cup games there last week for $50 instead of $150 to see chelski...

Chelski have options up front with the addition of Falcao (who I booed of course) and the return to the fold of Moses. Cuadrado looked out of his depth.

Lots of options in midfield too ...

PSG have a lot of star studded names though most of the americans didn't know who they were (even zlatan or cavani) since the French league doesn't

get much coverage here on TV there were a fair number of fans there though including some people in front of me who had come all the way from Houston Texas ....

all in all an enjoyable day out...

well Don an interesting game... no minutes for Chelski's reserve goalie, a little lack of depth at fullbacks definitely a little risky if one of the defenders or goalie gets injured or suspended during the season

I also noted that Ivanovic stayed away from Old Chompers :o

well Don an interesting game... no minutes for Chelski's reserve goalie, a little lack of depth at fullbacks definitely a little risky if one of the defenders or goalie gets injured or suspended during the season

I enjoyed the game - although, as always, I really freakin' hated seeing the Fine Young Cannibal score.

I enjoyed the game - although, as always, I really freakin' hated seeing the Fine Young Cannibal score.

Maybe so....but that Fine Young Cannibal is one of the finest and most natural goal scorers in the world.

Hey did you hear about the cannibal who passed his brother in the woods?

if I were a betting man I would bet against Chelski because of their small first team squad - Man U have more midfielders than chelski have total first team players!

- and the lack of full backs is amazing given they had 72 registered players in all their squads on July 1st.

With Dirty Diego Costa and Cahill possibly out of the Charity Shield injured they have to rummage around in their closet of potential loanees to put out a team on Sunday.

indeed Man U are probably the favourites in my books if they had one more striker (PLEASE SIGN MARIO! he lives in Manchester!) they just need one injury or loss of form for rooney and they could end up failing to score goals at a Liverpool-like level!

:lol: This International Chumpions Money-Grubbers Cup is a joke! I thought the Barca - Chelsea match ended on a 2-2 draw but now I read that the game went to penalties Seriously, penalties for a meaningless friendly? Honestly, what the hell are these Americans trying to prove by putting together some pathetic tournament with penalties and a trophy during the summer pre-season.

You're really a football snob, GfVBC. Some of us living in the States will probably never get a chance to go to Europe to see these teams and players - this is the best chance I, as well as many others, will get so I actually enjoy this. I get it - you don't fucking like it. Simple solution for you - don't pay any attention to it. But quit being such a snob. It really doesn't paint you in a good light.

Addendum: You once told me to ignore this tourney, that you could get me tix to Stamford Bridge. I'll take you up on that, as long as you can also spring for airfare and lodging. Until then, I'll look forward to this happening every year here.

You're really a football snob, GfVBC. Some of us living in the States will probably never get a chance to go to Europe to see these teams and players - this is the best chance I, as well as many others, will get so I actually enjoy this. I get it - you don't fucking like it. Simple solution for you - don't pay any attention to it. But quit being such a snob. It really doesn't paint you in a good light.

Addendum: You once told me to ignore this tourney, that you could get me tix to Stamford Bridge. I'll take you up on that, as long as you can also spring for airfare and lodging. Until then, I'll look forward to this happening every year here.

Yes you are right Mission Man I am a "football snob" and I don't try to hide it. It's better for a man to be honest about what he is than try and cover it up to fit in with the group. Additionally, yes I can get you tickets to Stamford Bridge but airfare and lodging is up to you. I've spent enough money in the past taking girlfriends and friends from our Barcelona Supporters Club with me.

Yes you are right Mission Man I am a "football snob" and I don't try to hide it. It's better for a man to be honest about what he is than try and cover it up to fit in with the group. Additionally, yes I can get you tickets to Stamford Bridge but airfare and lodging is up to you. I've spent enough money in the past taking girlfriends and friends from our Barcelona Supporters Club with me.

There's the rub, and why I'll continue to watch this tourney and attend when I can. Not everyone has the means to just up and go overseas to see a match. That's why I would appreciate it if you would STFU about what you think re: this tourney. It's my best chance to see the world's top clubs. As I said, if you don't like it, then don't fucking watch it. But let the rest of us enjoy it.