AMIW

Since there is no Chelski thread

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, AMIW said:

the big sides get all the breaks... 8.5 minutes into 7 minutes of injury time - John Terry scores a goad that is so far offside one cant believe the linesman did not give it

That game was bullshit Andrew. I agree, Terry was miles offside and well past the 7 minutes of stoppage time given. I'll say it again....bullshit! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 11:28 AM, GreetingsFromBarcelona said:

That game was bullshit Andrew. I agree, Terry was miles offside and well past the 7 minutes of stoppage time given. I'll say it again....bullshit! 

I agree he was offside. But why isn't there an official clock? It pisses me off that a lot of goals are scored at stoppage time and past. With the wireless technology today the referee can stop time with a click and start it back. This can show up on the game clock in the stadium. When time is up it's up, It doesn't continue just because a team is in the offensive zone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I agree he was offside. But why isn't there an official clock? It pisses me off that a lot of goals are scored at stoppage time and past. With the wireless technology today the referee can stop time with a click and start it back. This can show up on the game clock in the stadium. When time is up it's up, It doesn't continue just because a team is in the offensive zone.

That's one of the things I actually love about football - the unpredictability of the injury time.

The time when Everton scored was 90:01. The celebration ended at 91:30. The ref added 1:30 to the seven minute minimum (as they always announce) that had been put up on the board. The goal came at about 97:53, so the time wasn't a problem. But he was offside, I'll admit again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mission Man in AZ said:

That's one of the things I actually love about football - the unpredictability of the injury time.

The time when Everton scored was 90:01. The celebration ended at 91:30. The ref added 1:30 to the seven minute minimum (as they always announce) that had been put up on the board. The goal came at about 97:53, so the time wasn't a problem. But he was offside, I'll admit again.

OK, didn't know the specific's of that. But still need an official clock, or at the minimum call time when time is up, and not let time go on just because a team is in an attacking form? Not in this case after your explanation. This has worked big time for and against City several times this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

farewell Papy we hardly knew you - signed in a panic on the same day they signed two other central defenders and sent them out on loan - Papy has been sent to Werder Bremen

on loan (of course) after playing apparently 73 seconds of football for chelski.... :mellow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dirty diego gets an arsenal central defender sent off for the second time this season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mission Man in AZ said:

Mr. Wenger is not a happy camper.

Is he ever?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game was a prime example of why I don't bet on sports. I essentially gave Chelsea about a 10% chance of winning, maybe 20% for a draw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Mission Man in AZ said:

This game was a prime example of why I don't bet on sports. I essentially gave Chelsea about a 10% chance of winning, maybe 20% for a draw.

Betting is fun, but anybody who thinks he can make money with it is a fool.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AMIW said:

dirty diego gets an arsenal central defender sent off for the second time this season

Dunno what match you were watching Andrew, it looked a blatant red card to me and he was the last man.

Ref got it right.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the Chelsea win over Arsenal helps City out, but I just can't seam to root for a team with Costa on it.

You are correct Roy, that was a straight Red to me also. Why can't Arsenal keep 11 men on the pitch against Chelsea?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Tuesday, January 19, 2016 at 7:36 AM, Jimmy James said:

OK, didn't know the specific's of that. But still need an official clock, or at the minimum call time when time is up, and not let time go on just because a team is in an attacking form? Not in this case after your explanation. This has worked big time for and against City several times this season.

They were discussing this very thing on ESPN FC tonight. Apparently there's a propsal for games to be 60 minutes with a timekeeper to stop and start the clock when they ball goes out of play and back in. You can probably find the discussion on their website. I hate the idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mission Man, I could see that suiting the American market, imagine how many adverts they would then be able to squeeze in, you are right it sucks.:angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mission Man in AZ said:

They were discussing this very thing on ESPN FC tonight. Apparently there's a propsal for games to be 60 minutes with a timekeeper to stop and start the clock when they ball goes out of play and back in. You can probably find the discussion on their website. I hate the idea.

No, I really don't want time called every time the ball goes out of play.

What I would like to see is just this: You have a clock at 0- 45 minutes, every time there is an injury and the referee feels the need to stop time, then stop the time on the board. After a goal and there is a celebration stop the time. And the match is over when it hits 45, even if the team is in attack form. Just because their in attack form is not a reason the match should continue. Then there is no controversy.  

I know I won't win this battle, but it just my feeling on the matter. Like in American Football when time is up time is up. The game doesn't continue because a team is on the 5 yard line ready to score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So then MSL watchers? Matt Miazga, linked with Chelsea. What are your impressions of him? Sounds like a good young prospect & a tenth of the price of John Stones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well its a strange signing in respect that they signed Baba Rahman and have never played him and have several other fullbacks on long term contracts out on loan so is he been signed or just stockpiled?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason I'd assumed he was a centre back, although never having heard of him before today he could have been the new doctor for all I knew. Chelsea has been my team for more years than I care to think about but if I was a young player's advisor, I'd tell them that just about any club on planet earth would be a better option for his career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

one article describes him as a centre back, another a right full back - chelski have at least 6 centre backs out on loan including the Papy guy who like Baby was signed

and never played, and the guy who they signed from Reading on deadline day and then left there at some point its like how many more players can they sign because they aren't short at any position 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking we could do with another couple of all round nice guy Brazilian/Spanish centre forwards. They're always popular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.