Greasy Lake Community

Since there is no Chelski thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

KEPA ON THE BENCH will he refuse to sit there???

Well that record didn't stand for long

Bring Back Rafa!

Posted Images

Sarri now saying it was all a misunderstanding. My a..!! He was probably told by the club to not put more oil on the fire. If I were him Kepa would be out of the squad for as long as I'm at the club.

• Like 1

The appeal is just a cynical attempt to delay well earned punitive action.

On the downside, they won't be able to sign Higuain at the end of his loan.

On the upside, they won't be able to sign Kovacic at the end of his loan.

could have put this in the things wrong with modern football thread - look how many Chelsea players in the squad but they aren't actually playing for chelsea

Hudson-Odoi gets first England U21 call-up

England head coach Aidy Boothroyd has named his 26-player squad for this month’s home double-header against Poland (21 March) and Germany (26 March).

SQUAD

Goalkeepers: Freddie Woodman (Newcastle United), Angus Gunn (Southampton), Dean Henderson (Sheffield United, on loan from Manchester United).

Defenders: Jake Clarke-Salter (Vitesse, on loan from Chelsea), Jay Dasilva (Bristol City, on loan from Chelsea), Dael Fry (Middlesbrough), Lloyd Kelly (Bristol City), Jonjoe Kenny (Everton), Ezri Konsa (Brentford), Fikayo Tomori (Derby County, on loan from Chelsea), Kyle Walker-Peters (Tottenham Hotspur), Aaron Wan-Bissaka (Crystal Palace).

Midfielders: Harvey Barnes (Leicester City), Hamza Choudhury (Leicester City), Tom Davies (Everton), Kieran Dowell (Sheffield United, on loan from Everton), Phil Foden (Manchester City), James Maddison (Leicester City), Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham).

Forwards: Tammy Abraham (Aston Villa, on loan from Chelsea), Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton), Demarai Gray (Leicester City), Callum Hudson-Odoi (Chelsea), Ademola Lookman (Everton), Reiss Nelson (Hoffenheim, on loan from Arsenal), Dominic Solanke (AFC Bournemouth

I think it's definitely time for Sarri to go. Every team in the league has figured his system out. Luiz, Alonzo and Rudiger all play better when set up as a back three, but Sarri refuses to change. Kante has been played out of position all year. Jorginho has no pace and is not particularly good at playing the ball forward. I'm sick of his substitution of like for like most of the time. Alonzo is good going forward, but he couldn't defend against my 85 year-old Dad. Kepa has the shakes now after playing behind that porous back four. Hazard is frustrated with the system and the manager and though I don't want him to go, I can't blame him if he does.

I had the same feeling watching again today that I've had so often this year - the team comes out blazing, but if they don't score early they seem to lose interest. Sarri has lost the dressing room and I don't see him winning it back. Europa League is their only chance at the CL next year.

I would take Zola as a caretaker right now for the rest of the season. And here's something I never thought I would say as long as I live - bring back Rafa! (Actually I'd like to see Eddie Howe.)

That's my rant for the year. Carry on.

• Like 1

Seems like they have a real s**t sandwich at the moment. The 2-window transfer ban means that any incoming manager cannot remake the personnel to his desire. Several aging players will go, but they certainly have the bodies available to replace the numbers.

The Hazard situation really sucks for their fans. He has as much as said he wants to go to Real to play for Zidane. His contract has 1 year to run. Either CFC can sell him this summer for a reasonable amount (IIRC I've read €90-100). But they cannot replace him, "register a new player", until 2020. So IF they sell then they face a competitive year without his talent, skills, and contribution. But if they do not sell him this summer, then they face a disgruntled player AND they'll lose him in 2020 for nothing. Rock and a hard place.