AMIW

Since there is no Chelski thread

Recommended Posts

Stand by your guns FIFA. 162 rule breakages deserves more than a one window slap on the wrist. Plus it amuses me to think of poor football agents having to burn their furniture to keep warm this winter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they are out of the transfer market for a full year then under FFP they might have enough firepower to move for Neymar or Mbappe ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Patched Tube said:

That match with Ajax must be a barn burner! 

2 Penalties 2 Own Goals and 2 Red Cards. Ajax playing with nine! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First time I've had a chance to see Pulisic play for Chelsea.  He's clearly comfortable in the squad and is having a decent game.  Seems like he's really settled in.

Bit of grindy game.  Can't see Chelsea not getting in sooner or later though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I attended the first home game of the season back in August v Leicester and it was clear something special was in the air even before the teams came out. The love for the new manager was palpable. 4 months on, it seems in Frank Lampard, the club have seemingly pulled off a master stroke.

Clearly it was a risky appointment as Frank’s managerial CV is hardly lengthy, but already it looks like being a gem of a decision.....and of course coupled with the transfer ban, absolutely nothing is expected this season, so anything like say a top 4 finish is just one huge bonus.

Frank will only be judged in about a year’s time, once he has had a full season under his belt and once the transfer ban is lifted, at the latest, next summer.

For now, every Chelsea fan is ecstatic with life, loving every minute, and made all the better with the meltdown ongoing at Spurs, West Ham, Arsenal & Man Utd.

The football is mesmerising and the way the ‘kids’ are being given a chance (at last) and shining, well it’s unbelievable.

The likes of Hudson-Odoi, Mount, Abraham, Reece James and Tomori are that good that they could make up nearly half of England’s regular starting line up in years to come. Add Loftus-Cheek to that list once he is back from his achilles injury. Imagine England starting with 6 Chelsea players !

Good luck to Frank, an absolute gent and clearly someone developing into a top manager. The future at Stamford Bridge is looking rosy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Royston Vasey said:

I attended the first home game of the season back in August v Leicester and it was clear something special was in the air even before the teams came out. The love for the new manager was palpable. 4 months on, it seems in Frank Lampard, the club have seemingly pulled off a master stroke.

Clearly it was a risky appointment as Frank’s managerial CV is hardly lengthy, but already it looks like being a gem of a decision.....and of course coupled with the transfer ban, absolutely nothing is expected this season, so anything like say a top 4 finish is just one huge bonus.

Frank will only be judged in about a year’s time, once he has had a full season under his belt and once the transfer ban is lifted, at the latest, next summer.

For now, every Chelsea fan is ecstatic with life, loving every minute, and made all the better with the meltdown ongoing at Spurs, West Ham, Arsenal & Man Utd.

The football is mesmerising and the way the ‘kids’ are being given a chance (at last) and shining, well it’s unbelievable.

The likes of Hudson-Odoi, Mount, Abraham, Reece James and Tomori are that good that they could make up nearly half of England’s regular starting line up in years to come. Add Loftus-Cheek to that list once he is back from his achilles injury. Imagine England starting with 6 Chelsea players !

Good luck to Frank, an absolute gent and clearly someone developing into a top manager. The future at Stamford Bridge is looking rosy.

Truthfully, I think the transfer ban has been a godsend, allowing the youngsters. Add to that the immigration status of Abramovich and the notion that the club might be for sale, meaning less intrusion from above, and it's a great situation. Lampard has impressed me in all his pressers, coming across as quite level-headed and with a plan that makes sense. The squad seems to respond to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2019 at 11:22 PM, Royston Vasey said:

I attended the first home game of the season back in August v Leicester and it was clear something special was in the air even before the teams came out. The love for the new manager was palpable. 4 months on, it seems in Frank Lampard, the club have seemingly pulled off a master stroke.

Clearly it was a risky appointment as Frank’s managerial CV is hardly lengthy, but already it looks like being a gem of a decision.....and of course coupled with the transfer ban, absolutely nothing is expected this season, so anything like say a top 4 finish is just one huge bonus.

Frank will only be judged in about a year’s time, once he has had a full season under his belt and once the transfer ban is lifted, at the latest, next summer.

For now, every Chelsea fan is ecstatic with life, loving every minute, and made all the better with the meltdown ongoing at Spurs, West Ham, Arsenal & Man Utd.

The football is mesmerising and the way the ‘kids’ are being given a chance (at last) and shining, well it’s unbelievable.

The likes of Hudson-Odoi, Mount, Abraham, Reece James and Tomori are that good that they could make up nearly half of England’s regular starting line up in years to come. Add Loftus-Cheek to that list once he is back from his achilles injury. Imagine England starting with 6 Chelsea players !

Good luck to Frank, an absolute gent and clearly someone developing into a top manager. The future at Stamford Bridge is looking rosy.

Well said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

chelsea playing today but not good enough to be in telly even though the Evil One was their manager too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don has been awful quiet of late but I am sure he is happy that chelsea are 4th at christmas

i am sure that most people think that if they splash the cash and sign big names like neymar, Ronaldo and BAM they they will implode and finish mid table. Maybe a striker but what else do they really need they did alter all start the last transfer window with 91 registered players they enter this one still with 66

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That could be the game where Frank as a manager came of age. I was lucky enough to be there and witness a very easy away win. They were brilliant throughout the team and throughout the 90 minutes. Kepa hardly had anything to do. Spurs offered nothing. Quite how Dier is considered a top level player is beyond me. Their midfield was outfought.....Kante & Mount outstanding. Mourinho will still be seething today, stitched up tactically but he can have no complaints. To cap it all, at the final whistle as Frank and his bench saluted the 3,000 delirious away fans, the Spurs PA system played Slade’s Merry Christmas Everyone (though most leaving the stadium had certainly not had fun).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Royston Vasey said:

That could be the game where Frank as a manager came of age. I was lucky enough to be there and witness a very easy away win. They were brilliant throughout the team and throughout the 90 minutes. Kepa hardly had anything to do. Spurs offered nothing. Quite how Dier is considered a top level player is beyond me. Their midfield was outfought.....Kante & Mount outstanding. Mourinho will still be seething today, stitched up tactically but he can have no complaints. To cap it all, at the final whistle as Frank and his bench saluted the 3,000 delirious away fans, the Spurs PA system played Slade’s Merry Christmas Everyone (though most leaving the stadium had certainly not had fun).

It was an awful game but an interesting one.  Lampart out managed Jose from start to finish and  Chelsea just looked better.  I can only think of two very brief stretches Spurs looked threatening.  Not at all what I expected if I'm being honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

super frank nit so super against the little sides losing 2-0 against southampton

not sure neymar , ronaldo or mbappe are going to want to sign next week....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, AMIW said:

super frank nit so super against the little sides losing 2-0 against southampton

not sure neymar , ronaldo or mbappe are going to want to sign next week....

Andrew,. I have a bet that you will make a post on this thread that is not scacstic. 

I bet you don't...don't let me down:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2019 at 7:24 PM, Captain Chaos said:

Lampard is a class act. Was as a player and still is now.

I saw this interview on TV, but I cannot find a link for that. In the meantime, here's the audio. He seems like a class act, and a good fit for the situation at CFC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07z19b1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aberdeen’s Michael hector sold to Fulham for 8mill he has been on loan 15 yes fifteen times in his career whilst being owned by Chelsea

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chelsea have confirmed they made a huge loss of £96.6million in the financial year ending June 30 2019 having missed out on Champions League football that season.

The club had achieved a profit in both 2017 and 2018, but failing to qualify for the top-level European competition in Antonio Conte's final season - as well as compensation for the Italian when he was sacked - was identified as reasons for the losses.

This set of results also do not include payments for a number of players sales, including the initial £90million fee from Real Madrid for Eden Hazard, who joined the Spaniards for a transfer sum rising to £150m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be interesting to see who Frank tries to buy this month. So far, this incredibly young squad has over-achieved this season looking at where they sit in the league but the form seems on and off, brilliant at Spurs one week, indifferent the next at Brighton.

Finishing 4th would be an unbelievable achievement. Personally I think this squad can do it, and they will improve as the months progress, but don’t be surprised if Roman splashes the cash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Burnley return Danny drink water early.. I think he played one game for them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2020 at 1:06 AM, Royston Vasey said:

It will be interesting to see who Frank tries to buy this month. So far, this incredibly young squad has over-achieved this season looking at where they sit in the league but the form seems on and off, brilliant at Spurs one week, indifferent the next at Brighton.

Finishing 4th would be an unbelievable achievement. Personally I think this squad can do it, and they will improve as the months progress, but don’t be surprised if Roman splashes the cash.

I know it was the holidays and all that but it seemed to me Chelsea was looking a bit tired.  Maybe a couple of signings to give them a bit more depth and I don't think a top 4 would be out of the question.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.