Greasy Lake Community

Bruce on board with downloadable concerts?

Found it, this is one we got from a previous tour

My only issue with releasing a gig 45 mins after a show is how well mixed it would be. Can't see Bruce allowing that. I hope I'm wrong.

No - I hope you are "right" Kev - there's no harm in a short wait for a better end product.

As well as Pearl Jam (and others) for a while (couple of tours) THE WHO were making every show available on CD and would you believe DVD (in plain brown cardboard sleeves with a stamp like the Live at Leeds album cover) - with all the proceeds going to charities.

I'm not expecting JLM to go down that road but there's no harm in having to wait about a month for the momento of the show and allowing time for a bit of post gig production / balance!

Wonder if they'd get around to releasing some of the classic shows or if they'd only be current ones. I can think of quite a few I'd like to have professional mixes of, including Winterland.

In the full Rolling Stone interview, Bruce talks about going back and releasing older shows. Take a read and decide for yourself, but it even seems to me that he may even be considering releasing some Steel Mill material.

Here's a link to the full interview: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/a-54-minute-conversation-with-bruce-springsteen-20140109

Wonder if they'd get around to releasing some of the classic shows or if they'd only be current ones. I can think of quite a few I'd like to have professional mixes of, including Winterland.

Once they have the platform set up it doesn't matter if it's a new or old show. I believe if they do this they will at some point add older shows.

This is indeed exciting, but almost too good to be true. If they can only go back and release shows as far as the Wrecking Ball tour if nothing else, that's my 11 shows I will buy within minutes of them becoming available. It's a license to print money for JLM.

The only thing that could make seeing the band live for the first time more perfect would be to buy an official release of one or all of the shows to keep. Dream come true if it did happen.

Love the option to download professionally mixed, classic shows from the Springsteen camp's official website for $20 or whatever. Let's start with 8/20/1984. They already put out Tenth Avenue Freeze Out so it's just a matter of finishing the job.

Archived