Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wasted in the heat

PING CK and other Photography and Film Geeks

Some interesting stuff here about LA (and other cities) converting their street lights from sodium to LED and how it changes the character of the night landscape. Key passage:

"As such, he says, the switch to LED really is a historic change for the visual definition of Los Angeles—so much so (and this is my comment, not Kendricken's) that we might someday find ourselves seriously arguing over whether a city's artificial lights, due to their unique color scheme, could be justifiably subject to historic preservation laws."

http://gizmodo.com/led-streetlights-will-change-hollywood-and-make-every-c-1514840416/@maxread

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand it seems like the benefits in energy efficiency outweigh the aesthetic considerations. On the other there apparently are some side effects from our increasing use of blue tinted light sources (computer screens, phone screens, etc.) that warrant some thought.

Bring it on!!

I am more and more removing the yellow tint on night shots. There are yellow lights right outside my house, and it piss me off! I hate that color.

But sometimes it can look cool.