Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep it’s pretty fantastic on first listen! 

Really hard to replicate the magic of ‘in reverse’ live. Overall though, it sounds pretty damn good. 

Yes it’s absolutely brilliant. Downloaded it & played it 3 times today & it gets better each time you listen to it. 

I'll be here or I'll fade away
Never cared about moving, never cared about now
Not the notes I'm playing
Is there room in the dark, in between the changes?
Like a light that's drifting, in reverse I'm moving

• Like 2

I'll be here or I'll fade away

Never cared about moving, never cared about now

Not the notes I'm playing

Is there room in the dark, in between the changes?

Like a light that's drifting, in reverse I'm moving

IN REVERSE I'M MOVING... I SO LOVE THIS BIT!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Coming to a uk city near you (maybe) in the next few weeks! I am off to Bristol. 2 gigs so far this year , and now 3 coming up in three weeks. (That's a 2.5 year old and 2 full time jobs for you)

Back in the uk in feb 2015!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The war on drugs were great in bristol last night , much much much better in concert/context than they were on jools , really good show as a whole where it all flowed from one track to the next, the extended instrumentals were wonderful as you might expect! The show as a whole concept reminded me of a spiritualized show where the whole was much greater than the sum of its parts!

The Bristol O2 was full to bursting unlike 2 weeks ago for the hold steady. Good to see on a cold wet Wednesday night in November.

Steve gunn the support was pretty good too, suited very well to the gig as a whole, a quick google says he was in kurt viles band so that probably explains the link and style too.

All in all a great night and so glad I went, bigger things beckon maybe! Robert Plant on Sunday, now I know that will be magestic!

• 3 weeks later...

This end of year list never disappoints and 2014 is no different:

http://www.americansongwriter.com/2014/11/american-songwriters-top-50-albums-2014/

Beck - Morning Phase should have been ranked higher! That album is gold. I prefer it to it's father - Sea Change.

I really like that Beck record also.

Totally missing is Benji by Sun Kil Moon and Indian Oceans by Frazey Ford.

Both will feature very high in my end of year list.

Overall though it is a brilliant chart. Loads that I love and loads that I will now discover.

Already today I have been blown away by how good the Angel Olsen and the Strand of Oaks records are.

For those so inclind, I have created a Spotify playlist of the chart here:

http://open.spotify.com/user/mk310174/playlist/5tzUuKY8anqIrm6eOaKNZg

Just 3 of them are not on there, including Taylor Swift for well publicised reasons.

Overall though it is a brilliant chart. Loads that I love and loads that I will now discover.

Already today I have been blown away by how good the Angel Olsen and the Strand of Oaks records are.

Just 3 of them are not on there, including Taylor Swift for well publicised reasons.

Ha ha what no Taylor Swift! Well I'll just have to Shake It Off! Seriously, thanks for the list, I will check it out and maybe discover some new music :)

Both of those you mentioned SKM and Frazey were in top 50 Uncut list with Leonard Cohen at number 2.