Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep it’s pretty fantastic on first listen! 

Really hard to replicate the magic of ‘in reverse’ live. Overall though, it sounds pretty damn good. 

Yes it’s absolutely brilliant. Downloaded it & played it 3 times today & it gets better each time you listen to it. 

The War On Drugs - Lost In The Dream ranked #4 on my Top 20 list of 2014 but over the last 3 months has moved up to 3rd ahead of Spoon - They Want My Soul.

I thought it was up there. Just confused as to why you were late to the party.

My Top 10 of 2014

1. U2 - Songs Of Innocence (I don't care what others say about it, I love it and always will.)

2. Bruce Springsteen - High Hopes (Even a weak Springsteen album is still better than 95% of the new releases out there.)

3. The War On Drugs - Lost In The Dream

4. Beck - Morning Phase

5. Spoon - They Want My Soul

6. The Black Keys - Turn Blue

7. Interpol - El Pintor

8.Foo Fighters - Sonic Highways

9. Jack White - Lazaretto

10. Morrissey - World Peace Is None Of Your Business

The War On Drugs - Lost In The Dream ranked #4 on my Top 20 list of 2014 but over the last 3 months has moved up to 3rd ahead of Spoon - They Want My Soul.

I thought it was up there. Just confused as to why you were late to the party.

Lost In The Dream was released March 18th, 2014 and I had a vinyl copy of it by the end of March 2014. I would say I was one of the first to arrive to the party. Perhaps you want a picture of the sales receipt for proof? I know you suffer from severe trust issues ;)

After getting a bit bored with Lost in the Dream at the end of 2014, it has had a huge resurgence with me. I really love it now, way more than I did list year.

Sorry Newman, friendly joke regarding this comment. Late to the party was for a laugh only.

After getting a bit bored with Lost in the Dream at the end of 2014, it has had a huge resurgence with me. I really love it now, way more than I did list year.

Sorry Newman, friendly joke regarding this comment. Late to the party was for a laugh only.

I see now. Lack of a quote caused confusion.

Not that we are measuring cocks here but I saw Kurt Vile live in 2011 and The War On Drugs about a year later.

I recall both gigs were at Sound Control in Manchester.

I haven't bought Lost in the dream on vinyl though.

In fact I haven't bought it at all.

So you win that on that count.

I see now. Lack of a quote caused confusion.

Not that we are measuring cocks here but I saw Kurt Vile live in 2011 and The War On Drugs about a year later.

I recall both gigs were at Sound Control in Manchester.

I haven't bought Lost in the dream on vinyl though.

In fact I haven't bought it at all.

So you win that on that count.

:lol: 1-1 draw.......leave it at that as I'm in no mood for a re-match.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
3 hours ago, JustDan said:

No....Please...Speak your mind...

Oh nothing really, though that that 'thinking of a place' song was just a release for record store day and wasn't on the tracklist of the new album but it is so second single indeed.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Perisic said:

Oh nothing really, though that that 'thinking of a place' song was just a release for record store day and wasn't on the tracklist of the new album but it is so second single indeed.

I had to check also. I am glad it will be on there, because it is absolutely magnificent.

Both great songs, Thanks for posting... Holding On edges out Thinking of a Place just slightly for me, I have a harpsichord weakness I guess. 

They sound fantastic, must see live list for sure. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1.6.2017 at 5:36 PM, JustDan said:

The War on Drugs..:wacko:...They really couldn't come up with a better name for the band?....

They should have stuck to their original name: The Crusade on Narcotics..

• Haha 1
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...