Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JudgeBrown

The OFFICIAL 24 April 2014 Raleigh NC SETLISTVISION Thread

The Carolina Hurricanes are the only 'Big Four' sports team to be based out of Raleigh..

Carolina-Hurricanes-Canes-Wallpaper-.jpg

the only American sport i can kind of understand :P

now can someone tell me how you pronounce the name of this good town of Raleigh

please and thank you ;)

I think the British (and prob Aussies and Kiwis) pronounce it 'rally'. The Americans/Yanks/Seppos (and prob the Canadians/Canucks as well) pronounce it rah-lee,,,,

Can someone from Yankeeland/SLV-Land pls confirm this..

I cannot bear (not the humphrey type) to consider what bruce might play in raleigh without me

Hey, just found this.. The North Carolina Tigers AFL team play out of Raleigh!!!

north%20carolina%20tigers%20d4.jpg

Well.....whaddya know. Who would've thought!!!

The Carolina Hurricanes are the only 'Big Four' sports team to be based out of Raleigh..

Carolina-Hurricanes-Canes-Wallpaper-.jpg

the only American sport i can kind of understand :P

now can someone tell me how you pronounce the name of this good town of Raleigh

please and thank you ;)

I think the British (and prob Aussies and Kiwis) pronounce it 'rally'. The Americans/Yanks/Seppos (and prob the Canadians/Canucks as well) pronounce it rah-lee,,,,

Can someone from Yankeeland/SLV-Land pls confirm this..

Confirmed. Except in NC they say it faster, and the "lee" part isn't "lee" more like a "lah" Rah-lah...something along those lines.

Brother in law moved near there several years ago. He still says Rah-lee, but his NC buds do not!

Will be driving down from DC with Mrs. Racin' and meeting up with the Hickory and Raleigh folks. Weather forecast looks great so no boats needed. Will orange hot dogs be present?

Home to North Carolina State University

NC-State-Logo.png

I will be there Saturday with my daughter. Unfortunately I can't get there Thursday.

Will be driving down form DC with Mrs. Racin' and meeting up with the Hickory and Rahlah folks. Weather forecast looks great so no boats needed. Will orange hot dogs be present?

Have a great time!!!!!!!

Will be driving down form DC with Mrs. Racin' and meeting up with the Hickory and Rahlah folks. Weather forecast looks great so no boats needed. Will orange hot dogs be present?

Have a great time!!!!!!!

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing other Lakers!!!

I've been in Raleigh for about 8 years and never heard it called Rah-Lah. Maybe out in the sticks they do, but in Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and surrounding area, it's Rah-lee. Though I have heard it pronounced "Rahw-lee" by a few old timers.

Trivia tidbit: Sir Walter is credited with introducing tobacco and potatoes to Europe as well as naming the state of Virginia.

I've been in Raleigh for about 8 years and never heard it called Rah-Lah. Maybe out in the sticks they do, but in Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and surrounding area, it's Rah-lee. Though I have heard it pronounced "Rahw-lee" by a few old timers.

Trivia tidbit: Sir Walter is credited with introducing tobacco and potatoes to Europe as well as naming the state of Virginia.

I stand corrected! My Brother in law doesn't exactly live in the sticks, but he's an hour away. They all do say more of a hybrid between 'lee' and 'lah', and much faster than I do! Didn't know how to spell it phonetically...

Sorry 'bout that!!

Why can't the other SetListVision Committee members be as informative as you, BT?

Oh, they are ... what d'you call it? 'Travelling'.

:D

Actually BT and AMIW comprise the SETLISTVISION research subcommittee. Other members have different tasks. :)

Why can't the other SetListVision Committee members be as informative as you, BT?

Actually BT and AMIW comprise the SETLISTVISION research subcommittee. Other members have different tasks. :)

BrilliantDisguise actually does the research that is accurate....

But brucetrivia and I were the only ones awake this morning ;)

Granted, BrilliantDisguise posts hot pics of Bruce :lol:

BD was actuallu up searching all 145,786,398 articles posted overnight on Google to see which ones bout Bruce to post - she is a busy girl

Well as SETLISTVISION Reearch Subcommittee Chairman AMIW , feel free to augment the membership there! :P

The North Carolina Tigers have done a runner. I was enjoying studying that pic. Well, most of it.

Trivia tidbit: Sir Walter is credited with introducing tobacco and potatoes to Europe

Here's how it came about:

Meanwhile, on the other side of the pond, Real Madrid won in real football against Bayern M√ľnchen (Champions League). Maybe one or two of you are interested in spite of the fact that show start is nearing.

BD was actuallu up searching all 145,786,398 articles posted overnight on Google to see which ones bout Bruce to post - she is a busy girl

Are you being a wiseass again? smackbum.gif

:P

These Raleigh types can get a bit crazy at a Bruce gig if they get too many covers..