The 2014/15 MUFC Thread: The Rising

C4G

Time for a new thread after the disaster of last season :)

I'm going for optimism - I think hiring LVG to replace Moyes is a masterstroke. Two good signings so far and maybe more to come. He'll also get the best out of some of the underperformers and will dump those that don't shape up.

I'll be happy with a top 4 finish and very happy with a cup final on top of that in his first season - anything more would be a huge bonus. Mostly I want to see Utd play well again.

article-2703798-1FEDC97C00000578-255_634

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes indeed - good riddance to last season and let's hope the "two decades of decline" forecast of us during the brief tenure of Moyes, will be seen off in record breaking time of just the one year.

I can't wait to take my seat at old Trafford for the Swansea game and see the start of LVGs reign.

My expectations for the season ahead, no matter who we sign between now and the end of August, is fast attacking football with width, goals and changing formations.

LVG achieved 3rd place at the World Cup and although he will aim for the title, 3rd place in his debut PL season would be a good start, with a wembley cup final as a nice bonus. Bring it on. Come on up for The Rising!

shouldnt the title have 2014/2015 in it then???

Good shout! C4G as thread owner you will need to edit!

How does one edit the title then? Can't see a button.............so, beg a mod?

C4G

Edit the Base Post then select use Full Editor and you'll see it allows you to change the title.

Don't tell him, Pike.

But we secured 50% of any sell-on fee so we can look forward to an unexpected fiver dropping through the letterbox at some point :D

Reports in Uruguay state that Edinson Cavani's agent has met with Old Trafford four times in an effort to push through a move...........hmmmmmm, interesting IF true

Reports in Uruguay state that Edinson Cavani's agent has met with Old Trafford four times in an effort to push through a move...........hmmmmmm, interesting IF true

Don't think we need him but with RVP so injury prone and LVG making it clear he wants to play two strikers in his 3-5-2 system then there could be room to sign another striker.

Don't think we need him but with RVP so injury prone and LVG making it clear he wants to play two strikers in his 3-5-2 system then there could be room to sign another striker.

Well, Hern√°ndez rumoured to be going to Juventus - possibly as a swap for Fredy Guarin - so another Striker would be needed and Cavani isn't at all bad.

LVG debuting another youngster tonight - Tyler Blackett. Apparently he's pretty good and quite versatile.

Hernandez appeared as a 70 min sub - after man u had changed almost the whole team at half time when leading 3-0

rather embarrassing moment for the man u goalie when roma scored from their own half after he had wandered off his line and gone walkabout in Denver....

Hernandez appeared as a 70 min sub - after man u had changed almost the whole team at half time when leading 3-0

rather embarrassing moment for the man u goalie when roma scored from their own half after he had wandered off his line and gone walkabout in Denver....

We just didn't want to embarrass them 7-1 again ;)

Cavani was hugely underwhelming in the World Cup - is hardly young at 27 (in footballing terms) and would likely cost a packet in wages and transfer fees. Would he replace RVP or Rooney as first choice?

Cleverley picked as captain last night. Interesting.

LVG seems to rate him and I'm gonna be optimistic (again!!) and say he may well get the best out of him. Make or break season for young Tom.

I also have a feeling Ashley Young may be given a chance........he looked much better last night. Not that it would be hard to look worse than last season.

Cavani was hugely underwhelming in the World Cup - is hardly young at 27 (in footballing terms) and would likely cost a packet in wages and transfer fees. Would he replace RVP or Rooney as first choice?

Difficult but I'm guessing the Iron Tulip will work it out if necessary. I could see Rooney being converted to central MF (and being bloody good at it)

LVG seems to rate him and I'm gonna be optimistic (again!!) and say he may well get the best out of him. Make or break season for young Tom.

I also have a feeling Ashley Young may be given a chance........he looked much better last night. Not that it would be hard to look worse than last season.

If LVG turns cleverley and young into top players this season then he really is the Messiah.

post-14466-0-77271500-1406485106_thumb.j

If LVG turns cleverley and young into top players this season then he really is the Messiah.

I know........but I'm having an optimistic period :)

Liking the fact he's playing some kids in Yankeeland

rafael on the plane home injured - how do you feel about having no proper right back and only one left back to start the season???

Reece James is a LB - played as Shaw's 2nd half replacement against LA Galaxy and scored twice.........alternatively Daly Blind is on the radar.

I really like Rafael but he is very injury prone......another RB is a definite need as Smalling is not great at RB.

Of course LVG may play 3-5-2 with Valencia on the right, which is ok.

Archived