Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HelloNewman

Gigs 2015

Going to see the Proclaimers tonight at the Edinburgh Playhouse...should be great as usual.

Nothing like a bit of Christmas Kate to finish the year off.

1487253_1184680654893575_307281512028187

A last minute decision -

James McCartney - December 17th, in a tiny pub in Islington.

Probably the only time that a McCartney will be visiting my place of birth (literally the next street to where I lived), so it has to be done ^_^

Not my cup of tea, but I can tick him off the list :) The image of his dad, in looks and voice ... but somehow not, if you know what I mean. Only played about 45 minutes and only about 40 people there. Hats off to him though for playing his own music and not breaking out a Macca song. Must be very hard being the son (who wants to sing) of one of the most famous singers in the world from the most famous band in the world.

Glad our tickets were only £11. Would have paid "considerably" more to see Bruce so close and personal in a tiny space B)

A last minute decision -

James McCartney - December 17th, in a tiny pub in Islington.

Probably the only time that a McCartney will be visiting my place of birth (literally the next street to where I lived), so it has to be done ^_^

Not my cup of tea, but I can tick him off the list :) The image of his dad, in looks and voice ... but somehow not, if you know what I mean. Only played about 45 minutes and only about 40 people there. Hats off to him though for playing his own music and not breaking out a Macca song. Must be very hard being the son (who wants to sing) of one of the most famous singers in the world from the most famous band in the world.

Glad our tickets were only £11. Would have paid "considerably" more to see Bruce so close and personal in a tiny space B)

Was it at The Islington? I like that venue - Ian Prowse and Amsterdam have played there a couple of times and are there again on 9 April next year - well worth a visit.

Final gig of the year for me last Saturday - Black Star Riders, Whitesnake and Def Leppard. Surprisingly excellent gig.

Gig of the year - The Waterboys.

Yes, it was, Gin. It backs right on to the house where I used to live, and my nan's house. It was a bakers years ago. What I think they've done is to knock through a wall to create that room where the stage is. And that room would've been a stable where the market people used to keep their barrows. The stables went all the way down Tolpuddle Street. Memories, eh? My, my how times have changed.

Carry on.

Yes, it was, Gin. It backs right on to the house where I used to live, and my nan's house. It was a bakers years ago. What I think they've done is to knock through a wall to create that room where the stage is. And that room would've been a stable where the market people used to keep their barrows. The stables went all the way down Tolpuddle Street. Memories, eh? My, my how times have changed.

Carry on.

All the building work must be the reason that the beer is so expensive. Or the fact that it's in that London.

With only a few days left, that’s me done for 2015 gigs and it’s been a corker. Found two new bands that I love (Lonely the Brave and Hunter and the Bear), had a Frank Turner fest (5 shows) and all in all had a rather brilliant time. Hard to pick a standout show as they were all so different, but guess the one I enjoyed the most was Frank Turner at the Albert Hall in March. Looking forward to next year, where hopefully the big hitters are back in action – Bruce and Biffy Clyro. Already have Sunset Sons and Hunter and the Bear lined up for 2016, but the calendar is pretty free, so come on people, get announcing some dates :)

2015:

Gaslight Anthem - 1

Hunter and the Bear - 4 (ish)

Lonely the Brave – 1 (should have been two :()

Twin Atlantic (supported by Lonely the Brave and Eliza and the Bear)

Take That - 1

Frank Turner - 5 (4 of which supported by Skinny Lister - who are fab - check them out)

Imagine Dragons – 2 (supported by Sunset Sons, who I now also love)

Eliza and the Bear (supported by the La Fontaines, who I now also love)

Loving the support bands this year :)

No idea who that is, but it was indeed quite a Beary year :-)

No idea who that is

:o:o and :o

I can't believe I actually looked that up! Not sure I'll be buying any of his albums (if there are any), but he has a nice hat.