CmonMrTrouble

My 30 years burning down the road - NOW 35 years!

Thoroughly enjoyed reading that. Very nice sentiments.

• Like 1

Who are you again?

Seriously, very nice post, and happy anniversary as one of the "initiated". I believe that no matter how many shows you go to or bootlegs you own, the biggest fan is the one who attend his or her first show and see the power and the magic for the first time. There will still be amazing shows and moments, but you will never feel quite like you did at your first show.

I have to say I'm thankful you went to that show, because otherwise, how would I ever have gotten to know you and your wife and gone to the top of PIkes Peak? Strange how the world works. Now, get your butt over here and see for yourself how us Euros experience Bruce! Bring your wife too.

Oh, and send me a copy of that show.

• Like 4

The day I found all of you here - including you, CmonMrTrouble with your tiresome shark - was one of the best days of my life. Not quite as good as when I found Bruce, but then, I am at the right place where everyone understands that, don't they?

• Like 5

That was a fantastic post, damn fly is back, i had to stop half way through to get rid of the friggin' thing.

Wonderful read.

• Like 3

Happy anniversary, Mikey! It was 2004 when we spoke about this show.

That show was the 3d I ever taped - bought a Sony D6C, took a flight to LA for 11/2 and 11/4, went to SF to see a friend from B-school. Got tired of that scene after a couple of days and decided to go to the show in Tempe. Flew in, got a rented Firebird and a room at the Hyatt. Called the hotel concierge and within an hour I had a ticket to the show.

Went early to get settled, and my seat was about on the red line, halfway up. I saw a kid also there early in a single seat, at the end of the arena but centered above the walkway onto the floor. I went to him and offered to trade seats, told him I was taping and that if he agreed I'd send him a copy. He did; I did.

It's one of my favorite master tapes, and I traded it quite a bit back when we traded cassettes thru snail mail, using ads in Backstreets and other word-of-mouth. It was some of my best "trade bait" ;) In the late 90s/early 2000's I dug out a couple of my masters for people's first shows, like 7/3/85 at Wembley, 9/1/85 at Giant's Stadium. As 2004 came around I thought about releasing this show as a 20th anniversary commemoration, but I had no idea how my recording compared to what was already in the community. Somehow here I found out that this was your first show, so I sent you a copy and asked if it was worthy of releasing, figuring you would know best about the recordings of your first show. To this day I can almost recite your reply:

"I don't know what other gems you have in your closet, but dig them out! I used to despair of having a good copy of my first show, but no more."

Tapers like me seek to achieve exactly this: an archive that is worthy. I treed it out here, on BTX, and SPL, and people appreciated getting it. When Flynn reviewed it in Backstreets #82 and put in right behind KC Night, Oakland Night, and Sugarland in sound quality I felt like I'd really achieved. When it made the Brucebase d-base as "the" recording of that show I smiled - big!

It's not just the quality of the recording. It's the show. That Racing, and the one the Saturday before (11/4) in LA are two of my favorites ever. The whole Garden of Eden story for Pink Caddy is fine. I just loved that show, and the recording has let me relive it for the past 30 years. And I am grateful that we share that show and that experience, and that we have met in person because of it, and this.

Happy the Rest of Your Life, indeed!

IMG_0423_zpsb69e588f.jpg

• Like 8

Very cool to see your ticket, that's one of the things I have always tried to save, the ticket stub from every show

$16.00 for a show!

post-903-0-90837900-1415549605_thumb.jpg

post-903-0-48108500-1415549622_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Mikey. You made me cry.

he has that effect on Chickies when they meet him :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Well thank you for pointing that out Andrew

Seriously though, before this slips off the front page and into it's proper place (oblivion) l wanted to share my many thanks to the friends I have here and other places who have made this "Bruce Fan" thing so much fun

Y'all know who you are

• Like 4

How the hell did I miss this one?? What a great read :lol::D:D :D B)

You are always welcome to stay here if both Bruce and you make it to DK some day B)

• Like 1

You are always welcome to stay here if both Bruce and you make it to DK some day B)

Karsten keeps saying the same thing, but I am not sure Europe is ready yet

Thanks for the bump Jim, one of my favorite moments of the night.

Yes seriously. How did i miss this ? So beautifully written. Does Karsten makes his Mods pass a Writing test before enlisting them ? :lol:

And as one of the resident cheesy rock and roll fans on this website .... Holy Shit ...Look at that encore. Its the Oxygen Mask encore.

Karsten keeps saying the same thing, but I am not sure Europe is ready yet

Thanks for the bump Jim, one of my favorite moments of the night.

well, europe is ready for anything :lol:

We have survived Hitler, Stalin, Thatcher, Franco and Bon Jovi.

We will survive you as well, though not that you are like any of them :lol:

Would be cool though. Sounds like you can make a roundtrip here :DB)

• Like 1