CmonMrTrouble

My 30 years burning down the road - NOW 35 years!

Great post Mikey and thanks for the friendship and all you have done for the community

• Like 1

Great story!

And I think we may have crossed paths briefly before that Seattle show at McMenamins. If that was the show that opened with Trapped.

You just missed another snowy, rainy sunny day up here in Seattle today!

Cheers

Great story!

And I think we may have crossed paths briefly before that Seattle show at McMenamins. If that was the show that opened with Trapped.

You just missed another snowy, rainy sunny day up here in Seattle today!

Cheers

Yes, that was us in Seattle. The only GA line where I have gotten sunburned, rained on and snowed on all in the same day.

OK, maybe an exaggeration, but we got a little bit of all the weather that day.

Good Times, we got to talk with Eddie Vedder who was in the GA Pit that day. Only for a few seconds, but it was still cool to see him there among the regular fans

• Like 1

Congrats on hitting your 30! Here's to 30 more :)

Great story, one that I am sure so many of us know of ourselves one way or another. It's reading stories, the associated feelings and emotions like this on this forum that makes the world feel a very small place.

Thanks for sharing and for the team that provide GL

• Like 1

annual bump - Happy Anniversary, Mikey!

I've met so many other fans thru this show and this tape over the years. Your story is so wonderfully powerful it deserves an annual remembrance.

Folks, be sure to check out the soundcloud links embedded on page 1

• Like 1

I have enjoyed reading this thread never seen it before ! Happy Anniversary Mikey(mr Tweeter):P keep enjoying the ride!  and thanks for posting it

• Like 2

I also have a ridicolously amount of Bruce-CDs I hardly listen to. But not this one: I remember to this day I got from JimCT the happy the Rest of your life CDs. We were forming with this a so called CD tree. Rember those, after making up the list of interested member in GL, we used to burn the CDs onto someore copies And send them to the "branches". So within a few weeks everyone was served. Much faster than just send one original CD forward. Good times...

But I do not complaint about todays possibilities (Download Files).... ;-)

• Like 1

An anniversary, Mikey? Happy anniversary, then.  This year would make 32?  I'm glad to read the story of how you "came to Bruce," as the Canadians say.  I don't remember reading it before. Your enthusiasm just about motivates me to go search for that particular show in K's shelves of All Things Bruce.  I'm sure it's there, and in chronological order, as it should be.  It will be a good listen for today, whilst I wait for Americans to make up their collective mind about who will be our next president.  Shudder.....  

And please consider again a trip over here to visit!  It would be very good to see you and Kelley again. Life is short. 

• Like 1

Why, hello, Andrew.  :-)  I'm in a mood of some kind, I guess.  

59 minutes ago, AMIW said:

wow a rare 8th post from GR :o

Shocking isn't it? 

I thought about this yesterday, but failed to pull out the show and give it a listen, which will be corrected today.

Thanks Jim for the "annual bump" and especially for making that tape, so I can refresh that 32 (now) year old memory

1 hour ago, Glory Roads said:

An anniversary, Mikey? Happy anniversary, then.  This year would make 32?  I'm glad to read the story of how you "came to Bruce," as the Canadians say.  I don't remember reading it before. Your enthusiasm just about motivates me to go search for that particular show in K's shelves of All Things Bruce.  I'm sure it's there, and in chronological order, as it should be.  It will be a good listen for today, whilst I wait for Americans to make up their collective mind about who will be our next president.  Shudder.....  

And please consider again a trip over here to visit!  It would be very good to see you and Kelley again. Life is short. 

Yes, it will be good for me also, to turn off the incessant rambling about the election for just a little while and soak in the music.

As for a trip to Denmark, let's say 2017 has it's possibilities!  But is Europe ready for US to come over?

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2014 at 0:28 AM, CmonMrTrouble said:

For most 17 year old kids in my town, it was just another Thursday night. For me it was the night that confirmed that music and Bruce would be a big part of whatever the rest of my life brought me

047_zps6a5a37e8.jpg

1978 was better.....;)

Nice story though. Thanks for sharing.

40 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

Great story - when I started reading I hadn't noticed the date, so didn't realise original post was 2 years ago!

We both  need to catch up Ann ! this must have been when I was still lurkin before I got the nerve  to dive into the lake!:P

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tie that bind said:

We both  need to catch up Ann ! this must have been when I was still lurkin before I got the nerve  to dive into the lake!:P

I lurked for almost a year before jumping in.  That was 16 years ago....  I love this place.   Happy anniversary CMT!  

• Like 3

35 years today - seems like a couple of years ago, still remember how this night felt

Thanks to Jim for his recording which helps me relive the memory every year

• Like 2

I went back to reread the whole thread, 'cuz it deserves it. And I couldn't get thru your OP without the tears at your story of that night. First shows are like that.

Even though that night wasn't my first show, it remains one of my favorites, and is indelibly etched in my memory. Having the tape to relive it since the beginning has helped, of course. But the magic of the night stands out to those of us who were there originally. That those who know the show only by the recording have also heard that magic makes me smile.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2014 at 4:14 PM, CmonMrTrouble said:

Very cool to see your ticket, that's one of the things I have always tried to save, the ticket stub from every show

$16.00 for a show!

post-903-0-90837900-1415549605_thumb.jpg

post-903-0-48108500-1415549622_thumb.jpg

I have every ticket of every show (every artist) that I've ever been to (which includes 114 Bruce and 70+ The Who tickets - but LOTS of others too!) - they are collaged in 7 or 8 large frames that are on the walls of our family room (along with loads of memorabilia / signed stuff etc, even some guitars) - I always smile when I look at frame number one which houses the earliest tickets and my first WHO gig at the Empire Pool, Wembley Oct 1975 (now Wembley Arena) where I paid the princely sum £2.25 and almost exactly a year later in Oct 1976 Mr McCartney and his WINGS set me back £2.75...…...a .50p increase!!?

ANYWAY - great post / read, thanks - and I don't seem to have this show / boot!!? ("WHY" I'm asking myself) - great setlist. I have the Kansas show which was close to this in terms of date etc (and the whole "happy the rest of your life" thing) but haven't heard this one!? Is it good "quality" ? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BruceWho said:

I have every ticket of every show (every artist) that I've ever been to (which includes 114 Bruce and 70+ The Who tickets - but LOTS of others too!) - they are collaged in 7 or 8 large frames that are on the walls of our family room (along with loads of memorabilia / signed stuff etc, even some guitars) - I always smile when I look at frame number one which houses the earliest tickets and my first WHO gig at the Empire Pool, Wembley Oct 1975 (now Wembley Arena) where I paid the princely sum £2.25 and almost exactly a year later in Oct 1976 Mr McCartney and his WINGS set me back £2.75...…...a .50p increase!!?

ANYWAY - great post / read, thanks - and I don't seem to have this show / boot!!? ("WHY" I'm asking myself) - great setlist. I have the Kansas show which was close to this in terms of date etc (and the whole "happy the rest of your life" thing) but haven't heard this one!? Is it good "quality" ? 

Here's the Racin' from that night: you be the judge

12 minutes ago, BruceWho said:

or Pink Caddy :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, JimCT said:

Here's the Racin' from that night: you be the judge

Sounds fine to me! THANKS! - making me think back to all those great boots that were so exciting to listen to back in the day (especially pre the box set 75-85 release, THEE most exciting "record release" of my life!!!) when all we had were the No Nukes tracks and Trapped from the We Are The World album etc - it really is hard to think now just what it was like, but this sample takes me right back!!!...…...wonderful as many of the Nugs releases are there is often something missing - well we know what it is - it's the fact that the crowd aren't recorded properly as they were not a planned "live album" recording, with mics for the atmosphere in the venue! I find Wembley Stadium 4th July (Crystal Cat) more exciting than the Los Angeles release for example!     

• Like 1