Any FC Barcelona fans in the Lion's Den?

GreetingsFromBarcelona

Any FC Barcelona fans in the Lion's Den? I was born in Barcelona but moved to Canada at 2 years of age. I've supported the club my entire life. However, when Johan Cruyff became Barcelona's manager, the team took on a whole new dimension for me.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first ever football game I attended was Austria Vienna against FC Barcelona in the Cup Winners Cup in 1983. I was five years old and my mum was furious that my dad took me to the game. The only thing I can remember was that Maradona didn't play and that I fell asleep around halftime. The game ended 0-0. The return leg ended 1-1 (with Maradona). Barça was out.

I was a Socio (official member) from 2004 to 2011. I will try to become a member again once the current board of directors is gone. Don't get me started on Sandro Rosell and his team. They inherited the best football team in history. And look at them now.

Been to the Camp Nou several times now (twice to see Bruce :-)). I consider myself lucky to have seen Pep Guardiolas Barça in their prime.

The first ever football game I attended was Austria Vienna against FC Barcelona in the Cup Winners Cup in 1983. I was five years old and my mum was furious that my dad took me to the game. The only thing I can remember was that Maradona didn't play and that I fell asleep around halftime. The game ended 0-0. The return leg ended 1-1 (with Maradona). Barça was out.

I was a Socio (official member) from 2004 to 2011. I will try to become a member again once the current board of directors is gone. Don't get me started on Sandro Rosell and his team. They inherited the best football team in history. And look at them now.

Been to the Camp Nou several times now (twice to see Bruce :-)). I consider myself lucky to have seen Pep Guardiolas Barça in their prime.

Ha! First thing I thought when I saw this thread title was "there's a fellow called Leo Getz here....." :D:D

If Catalonia get independence Barcelona are screwed............

No, because Barça would keep playing in the spanish league. Real Madrid would make sure of that.

Nope...........not possible. Even RM can't change the law.

If Catalonia get independence Barcelona are screwed............

No, because Barça would keep playing in the spanish league. Real Madrid would make sure of that.

Nope...........not possible. Even RM can't change the law.

The Spanish Football Federation will do everything to have Barça play in La Liga. And so will every other club. Real Madrid could kiss their Mega TV deal goodbye. And don't underestimate the influence they have in politics. Without shady politics and new real estate laws, Real would have three or four times the debt they have now. The whole product "Spanish football" would lose too much of its appeal without Real and Barça going against each other.

http://news-spain.euroresidentes.com/2014/10/barcelona-wont-be-playing-in-la-liga-if.html

Keywords: "currently" and "modify".

Believe me, even if Catalonia would become independent, FC Barcelona und RCD Espanyol would still compete in the Spanish League.

Nice! I go to watch a match at the Camp Nou every year and always have a great time in the city. Excellent food, entertainment, and warm friendly people. :wub:

Nice! I go to watch a match at the Camp Nou every year and always have a great time in the city. Excellent food, entertainment, and warm friendly people. :wub:

Last time for me was in September 2012 (1-0 win against Valencia). The next time I go there is when we have a new board of directors. And I hope by then walking around the Camp Nou won't feel like walking through a Qatar Airways amusement park.

• 2 weeks later...

Last time for me was in September 2012 (1-0 win against Valencia). The next time I go there is when we have a new board of directors. And I hope by then walking around the Camp Nou won't feel like walking through a Qatar Airways amusement park.

:lol:

Agreed. I miss the days when the guys only had UNICEF on the front of their jerseys rather than another Middle East Airline company (Fly Emirates too :angry: )

I'm okay with a shirt sponsor. But not this one and definately not for that money. When they closed the deal we just beat Real 5-0, Messi, Iniesta & Xavi were 1st, 2nd and 3rd best player in the world. The football world was in awe. And they sell the front of the shirt, for the first time in the history of the club, for only 30 million a year? Other teams got already 25 back then and look what United get now! Rosell and his board bent over for the sheiks.

And again Rosell was lying. The didn't say, that Qatar had the right to change from Qatar Foundation to Qatar Airways or whatever they wanted after two years. Nobody knew. And now that we have to wear the Qatar Airways logo, Turkish Airlines pulled out of the sponsor deal worth 5,5 million a year.

It will take time to realize how much Rosell and his thugs damaged this club. We can only hope that they're not signing any contracts or loans for the rebuilding of the stadium until the next elections. I still can't believe, how stupid the local socios were, when they voted yes on the stadium referendum. They practically gave this inept board a blank cheque. That's madness!

• 1 month later...

Appeal turned down!! Barça transfer ban stands! That's like a late christmas present for me. Now Luis Enrique should keep on experimenting with the team. That way we're out of all competitiones in April and new elections next summer are inevitable.

http://as.com/diarioas/2014/12/30/english/1419929311_836355.html

LAPORTA FOR PRESIDENT!!!

It's time the FC Qatarlona becomes FC Barcelona again.

Appeal turned down!! Barça transfer ban stands! That's like a late christmas present for me. Now Luis Enrique should keep on experimenting with the team. That way we're out of all competitiones in April and new elections next summer are inevitable.

http://as.com/diarioas/2014/12/30/english/1419929311_836355.html

LAPORTA FOR PRESIDENT!!!

It's time the FC Qatarlona becomes FC Barcelona again.

I was just reading about this today, this is very good news Leo :)

1/5/2015

Well Barca "shit" the bed yesterday and squandered a serious chance to reach the summit of the table. Senior Moyes and his Real Sociedad team schooled Barcelona on how to get your defensive tactics right and keep Messi, Suarez and Neymar at bay. The only goal of the match coming off the head of Jordi Alba who no doubt is feeling the pain after that costly own goal!

Well better luck next match.....they will need it against Atletico Madrid!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30673427

I would say a major factor in stopping Messi and Neymar is not playing them until halftime or later...YMMV.

Agreed. Leaving quality on the bench like Messi and Neymar was silly. Especially after a 2 week break. Montoya was horrible and Dani Alves should have started from the beginning. Look at the sides Real Sociedad has beat this year.....Real Madrid....Barcelona....Atletico Madrid. Arrogance was too blame for yesterday's events and Barca could be left with nothing at the end of the season by throwing away the 3 points!

Zubizarretta SACKED, and Puyol quits.

Like fleeing rats from a sinking ship.

Wonderful! He didn't do much good, but the day before Zubi left/got sacked he practically spit on president Bartomeus shoes. Good move!!

And I can't say how glad I am that Puyol quit. Couldn't imagine this legend to have anything to do with the current board of directors.

Things are looking up. Now please, Atletico, hammer us on Sunday. Then we can expect new elections to be announced already next week.

It took too long to fire Zubizarreta but I feel that future Barca squads will be improved thanks to his departure. Perhaps Bartomeu could assume the position as he is more than qualified to handle the role.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30683791

_80064752_zubizarreta2_epa.jpg

Archived