Sign in to follow this  
GreetingsFromBarcelona

The Arsenal Thread

I noticed there isn't an Arsenal thread here in the Lion's Den and even though I'm not a Gunners Supporter felt I should post one. Are there any fans in Greasy Lake? I would like to hear your thoughts on the current state of the club and where you see it going. One more thing, congrats on the FA Cup victory last season. Long time coming for silverware.

Right now, it seems the team is in a holding pattern until Arsene Wenger leaves, don't get me wrong he has been an excellent long standing manager who has run the club very well, but now it's seem a change could really help the club. Last weekend they should have beat Man U at home but instead looked shaky and allowed a Gibbs own goal.

A recent quote I read had this to say:

Any Arsenal fan who thinks Wenger is going to change now is at best fiercely loyal -- perhaps understandable given what he's done for the club -- but at worst utterly delusional and hasn't been paying the slightest attention.

Thoughts?

I started one ages ago, not many views or posts.

http://www.greasylake.org/the-circuit/index.php?/topic/116373-arsenal-thread/?hl=arsenal

Arsenal fans mustn't like the Boss, they don't even like their boss :lol:

:lol: Well said. But after finally winning some silverware, they must be somewhat happy. Hey, they always seem to manage a Champions League spot too. That is impressive.

Arsenal would be crazy to get rid of Wenger. So they had to wait a whole 6 years between winning trophies! Six fucking years! Try multiplying that by 10 and see how it feels. There are only 4 trophies a year to play for and he has won more than his fair share. If he had delivered as many trophies as that at The Toon we would have built a cathedral in his honour.

• Like 1

I started one ages ago, not many views or posts.

http://www.greasylake.org/the-circuit/index.php?/topic/116373-arsenal-thread/?hl=arsenal

Arsenal fans mustn't like the Boss, they don't even like their boss :lol:

:lol: Well said. But after finally winning some silverware, they must be somewhat happy. Hey, they always seem to manage a Champions League spot too. That is impressive.

Impressive, 15 years in a row, Un fuckin' believable I'd say.

Outstanding achievement.

Love him or hate him, that fella knows his football.

• Like 1

Arsenal would be crazy to get rid of Wenger. So they had to wait a whole 6 years between winning trophies! Six fucking years! Try multiplying that by 10 and see how it feels. There are only 4 trophies a year to play for and he has won more than his fair share. If he had delivered as many trophies as that at The Toon we would have built a cathedral in his honour.

Well said but Gunners fans expect trophies every year and need the money too in order to make those last payments for the Emirates Stadium :lol:

I know what you mean about fans expecting to win trophies, but football is littered with stories of clubs doing well who sacked their manager cos they just weren't doing enough. If Tender Beast wasn't off destroying the beer reserves on the other side of the Atlantic he could tell you about what happened to Sheffield Wednesday when they expected to win trophies and so sacked Trevor Francis. Charlton fans can tell you a similar tale about the sacking of Alan Curbishley. In a few years time, third division Liverpool will be telling sad stories about sacking their manager the season after he got them to second place in the Premier League. Actually, us Toon fans can tell you the same sorry tale.

• Like 2

Since this is an Arsenal thread, I want to give a shout out to the Gunners who played well today and held off Dortmund 2-0. Where the hell was this piss and vinegar last weekend against the "Glory Hounds of Salford"?

there used to be an arsenal fan on here probably posts on the Wine subforum now

At least the Arsenal fan knows what wine is, in Salford they have been drinking piss for years :lol:

Mark you'll pleased to know that even with the lengthening injury list at Emirates Wine Cellar these two players are fit for the weekend

Gunnersaurus-010.jpg

Arteta has joined Wilshere on the out for a few months list....

How about the cautionary tale known as Leeds United. Remember them?

Remember? I enjoy a good laugh every time I hear them mentioned :lol:

Remember what happened to Man City when they sacked Peter Reid? Cautionarytale has mentioned the best example, though, Leeds United.

BTW, I don't admit this very often, but I'm a gooner from the midlands. Like a United fan in reverse. :)

• Like 1

Mark you'll pleased to know that even with the lengthening injury list at Emirates Wine Cellar these two players are fit for the weekend

Gunnersaurus-010.jpg

AMIW, you'll be pleased to know that every one of the winos at the Emirates Wine Cellar is tickled pink that they don't have to share a season seat next to this guy:

Here is another example of a well spoken educated Man U supporter speaking his mind. Too bad he didn't come with sub-titles.You stay classy Newton Heath Salford Club!

Gunnersaurus-010.jpg

That left guy will be tough to defend at set-pieces.

• Like 1

At least the Arsenal fan knows what wine is, in Salford they have been drinking piss for years :lol:
?

1-0 win for Arsenal and a cross by Cazorla to Welbeck provided the only real highlight of this match IMO. Did you guys see the Arsenal fans anti-Arsene Wenger banner saying "Thanks for the memories, but it's time to say goodbye."

Ungrateful gits! the whole lot of them, how about going back and watching some You Tube videos of the 2001-02 and 2003-04 season you tossers. Seriously, ungrateful and classless move. Why not pull a Man U and hire a plane to fly your message. :angry:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30156733

• Like 1

apparently Chicken Nachos joined the injury list during todays game so Arsene was pictured trying to recruit another new player

e9851d86-55bf-460f-8304-8a74c5882b79-102

1-0 win for Arsenal and a cross by Cazorla to Welbeck provided the only real highlight of this match IMO. Did you guys see the Arsenal fans anti-Arsene Wenger banner saying "Thanks for the memories, but it's time to say goodbye."

Ungrateful gits! the whole lot of them, how about going back and watching some You Tube videos of the 2001-02 and 2003-04 season you tossers. Seriously, ungrateful and classless move. Why not pull a Man U and hire a plane to fly your message. :angry:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30156733

17 years in a row Arsenal have qualified for the Champions League.

Now these are fickle fans..

_79391694_wengeroutagaingetty.jpg

• Like 1

Agreed Roy! Arsenal fans should realize that more revenues have been brought in to the club through 17 Champions League qualifications that most silverware ever pays out. Use your head you ungrateful and mindless Gunners idiots and thank Arsene for giving that to you. :angry: