Greasy Lake Community

The Arsenal Thread

GreetingsFromBarcelona

Newcastle played very well with Janmaat putting some good balls in as he found a lot of space all the time, also Wijnaldum had 2 great chances which were well saved by Cech. The 3 points was very important but Arsenal played so poor, Walcott, Ox, Giroud really didnt do anything at all upfront and Ramsey, Ozil were poor in midfield.

5 hours ago, AMIW said:

arsenal fan named his child lanesra - took his wife two years to realize it is arsenal spelt backwards!

http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/136614041552/arsenal-fan-tricks-wife-names-daughter-after-club

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, AMIW said:

another tale of an arsenal fan this time he gets married wearing an arsenal kit - what a loser

http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/137569708977/arsenal-supporter-gets-hitched-in-full-gunners-kit

tumblr_inline_o15yk3ajNY1tg8cee_500.jpg

He's pointing at the one he married, that's why he looks miserable. Typical Arsenal fan, never happy with what they have.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 17/04/2016 at 5:55 PM, Mission Man in AZ said:

Arsenal getting booed off the pitch after draw with CP....

Arsenal season ticket holders can't be bothered to watch their team qualify for the Champions League for the 19h or 20th season in a row.

Poor long suffering Arsenal fans haven't won anything for..'em one year ! ONE FUCKING YEAR FFS !

Nee wonder they want Wenger sacked poor long suffering bastards !

_89382615_arsenal.jpg 

_89383374_fans.jpg

27 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

Arsenal season ticket holders can't be bothered to watch their team qualify for the Champions League for the 19h or 20th season in a row.

Poor long suffering Arsenal fans haven't won anything for..'em one year ! ONE FUCKING YEAR FFS !

Nee wonder they want Wenger sacked poor long suffering bastards !

_89382615_arsenal.jpg 

_89383374_fans.jpg

Aye Roy, this new mob hinna got a fucking clue.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Mission Man in AZ said:

So St. Totteringham's Day arrived after all this year. Spurs fans must be almost suicidal - "This was the year!!!" :(

Arse fans have been saying that for years :)

In fact this is their best league position for 11 years apparently....and with just 2 FA Cups in that time I'm not entirely surprised a lot of them want Wenger gone.

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

A big improvement if they keep Sanchez, but if they lose Sanchez it probably makes them weaker as a result. He couldn't help Lyon to a CL place last season or to the Europa League Final so the PL will be a much bigger test. 

9 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

A big improvement if they keep Sanchez, but if they lose Sanchez it probably makes them weaker as a result. He couldn't help Lyon to a CL place last season or to the Europa League Final so the PL will be a much bigger test. 

From all I'm hearing is Sanchez is staying! Can you believe my City team thinks the price tag to high for him? I heard $80 mil.

But still 28 goals are 28 goals. Did any combination of Arsenal strikers score 28 goals?  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, AMIW said:

Chips is involved? I sense something Fishy going on!!

The petition asks the Chairman to toss out the majority (~2/3) owner. Whilst I confess ignorance of UK corporate law and custom, that seems a stretch. Still, might provoke controversy.

One piece I read said that he put his Colorado teams into his son's name to comply with an NFL edict about owning teams in competing markets (to his LA Rams). With the NFL having clear ambitions as to London/UK (the agreement to host 2 games a year at the new Whitehart Lane, etc) the question is when does that constraint bite?