• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great news David luiz back in the starting lineup

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, AMIW said:

How will he cope without 350,000 pounds a week ... I know I wouldn’t be able to survive

Oh, he's not giving it ALL up. I'm guessing something like Arsenal pays a lump sum equal to 250k per week, Fenerbahce pays him 50k/wk, and he loses 50k/wk. There's something like 21 or 22 weeks left on the contract, so Arsenal cuts their share from ~£7.5mm to £5mm, he gets half of that from his new team and cedes ~£1+mm so he can play football again.

17 hours ago, JimCT said:

Oh, he's not giving it ALL up. I'm guessing something like Arsenal pays a lump sum equal to 250k per week, Fenerbahce pays him 50k/wk, and he loses 50k/wk. There's something like 21 or 22 weeks left on the contract, so Arsenal cuts their share from ~£7.5mm to £5mm, he gets half of that from his new team and cedes ~£1+mm so he can play football again.

Interesting he's in Turkey.  Maybe has personal reasons but that strikes me as either someone lacking ambition or someone who's stock has really fallen.

26 minutes ago, Patched Tube said:

Interesting he's in Turkey.  Maybe has personal reasons but that strikes me as either someone lacking ambition or someone who's stock has really fallen.

Lifelong fan. Done with international football for Germany. Now it’s just what makes him happy. 

Despite cutting a few players ARsenal still have a first team squad of 27:o

7 of them are still central defenders, only 3 of whom make the 20 for today’s game

mari and chambers are injured as usual, mustafi and Socrates still trying to find an escape tunnel

Arsenal have agreed to terminate the contract of Sokratis Papastathopoulos with immediate effect.

The Greek international defender joined from Borussia Dortmund in July 2018 but had fallen out of favour under Mikel Arteta and was no longer part of the Gunners' boss plans.

He follows Mesut Ozil in being allowed to leave the club this month with more to follow as Arteta reshapes his squad.

• 2 weeks later...

Like PT just said in the PL thread. Arsenal to play with 10 in the second half as David Luiz sent off. This is Arsenal's 4th red of the season. Doesn't it feel like more? Especially Luiz, seems he should have a couple?  

5 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Like PT just said in the PL thread. Arsenal to play with 10 in the second half as David Luiz sent off. This is Arsenal's 4th red of the season. Doesn't it feel like more? Especially Luiz, seems he should have a couple?  

9 red cards since Boxing Day 2019 so that’s just over a full season...

no other prem team has more than 3

21 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Surely they can find a place in Turkey for Luiz...

Just now, Jimmy James said:

But was he really at fault?

IMG_0876.jpg

Yes the card is controversial but why was Luiz not in front of the man instead of chasing?  In any event Luiz is involved in more than his share of defensive cock ups and you simply can't rely on him.  Personally speaking his antics add some humor to the league but as a manager I'd send him to the Tunisian 2nd division for a bag of balls and some used jock straps.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Arsenal to play benfica in Rome... apart from money is there a good reason to keep playing the two euro competitions at this point with all the border closures

28 minutes ago, AMIW said:

Arsenal to play benfica in Rome... apart from money is there a good reason to keep playing the two euro competitions at this point with all the border closures

It really doesn't make a difference where they play, as there isn't fans anyway. So keep playing please, if all can stay safe about it. 

5 hours ago, AMIW said:

But as euro countries close their borders the only places left to play will be blighty and Florida at this rate ...

oh and North Korea

Wouldn't that be cool if they did come to the US. I would have to take some vacation time.

22 hours ago, AMIW said:

But as euro countries close their borders the only places left to play will be blighty and Florida at this rate ...

oh and North Korea

North Korea or Florida... I have to admit that is a tough call.