Greasy Lake Community

The Arsenal Thread

GreetingsFromBarcelona

• 4 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, DarknessandHope said:

Arsenal have used their option in Granit Xhaka's contract to extend his deal by 12 months

I haven't got my specs with me and, genuinely, read that as "extend his ordeal" which seems apt given the mess that club has been in the past few years.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, bdw said:

I haven't got my specs with me and, genuinely, read that as "extend his ordeal" which seems apt given the mess that club has been in the past few years.

Just my opinion, when Xhaka isn't being a goon, he's actually a very good player. But he always seems to be in trouble! If he stayed away from the misc. trouble and just played his game, I believe he could be a world class player.  

Arsenal duo Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette missed the 2-0 defeat by Brentford because of positive tests for COVID-19.

Lacazette has been ruled out of the game against Chelsea on Sunday.

Arsenal have also confirmed Alex Runarsson and Willian missed the Brentford game due to positive Covid-19 tests.

Willian is making an incredible gesture and walking away from Arsenal and leaving £20 million on the table.

Willian has two years left on his £240,000-a-week Arsenal contract but instead of staying at the club and just taking the money or asking for a payoff, he will tear up his contract and sign for Corinthians in the next 48 hours.

Not only is Willian saving Arsenal £20million, he is also taking a 70 per cent pay cut to move to Corinthians. Arsenal directors are said to amazed by Willian's gesture. 

Willian has been an exemplary professional since he moved to the Premier League eight years ago and he wants to leave English football with his head held up high. 

He accepts his move to Arsenal from Chelsea last summer has not worked out and he wishes everyone at Arsenal all the very best for the future.

15 hours ago, DarknessandHope said:

Willian is making an incredible gesture and walking away from Arsenal and leaving £20 million on the table.

Willian has two years left on his £240,000-a-week Arsenal contract but instead of staying at the club and just taking the money or asking for a payoff, he will tear up his contract and sign for Corinthians in the next 48 hours.

Not only is Willian saving Arsenal £20million, he is also taking a 70 per cent pay cut to move to Corinthians. Arsenal directors are said to amazed by Willian's gesture. 

Willian has been an exemplary professional since he moved to the Premier League eight years ago and he wants to leave English football with his head held up high. 

He accepts his move to Arsenal from Chelsea last summer has not worked out and he wishes everyone at Arsenal all the very best for the future.

Wow! Another Andrew Luck.

On 8/28/2021 at 3:29 PM, DarknessandHope said:

Willian has walked away from £20.5m and has just now terminated his Arsenal contract.

He had two years left on £240,000 a week deal.

22 hours ago, AMIW said:

"It was getting quite messy between Ainsley Maitland-Niles and Arsenal yesterday. There was that Instagram post that Maitland-Niles put out about wanting to play for a club where he is going to play.

"I have been speaking to someone quite close to Arsenal and this is the information that I’ve got. We know from the beginning of the transfer window, if a suitable offer came in for Maitland-Niles, then Arsenal would consider it, but they still maintained that he would be an important part of the Arsenal squad.

"They had one offer from Everton that came in yesterday, it was a loan with an option. I’m told the option was low, hence why it was rejected out of hand. As a result, Maitland-Niles will be remaining at Arsenal and will be an important part of the squad.

"I’m also told, following that Instagram post, he did hold talks with Mikel Arteta. Arsenal were quite disappointed with the action that Maitland-Niles took on social media, but they have ‘clear the air’ talks and now all parties want to move forward with Maitland-Niles part of that Arsenal squad."