Sign in to follow this  
GreetingsFromBarcelona

The Arsenal Thread

to be fair though galatasary have been practicing defending as if they were liverpool

Agreed Roy! Arsenal fans should realize that more revenues have been brought in to the club through 17 Champions League qualifications that most silverware ever pays out. Use your head you ungrateful and mindless Gunners idiots and thank Arsene for giving that to you. :angry:

Spot on. Username says it all. Arsenal all my life. On the North Bank week in, week out for many years but these days it's once a year at the Emirates, if that. I accept that fans who pay to go have the right to express their frustration. But as far as I am concerned, Arsene Wenger is fire proof. He is the best thing ever to happen to the club and English football itself owes him much. Ginslinger got it right. Try being a Newcastle fan. Even I want 'em to win something!

• Like 1

Former Arsenal and France striker Thierry Henry has announced his retirement from football after a trophy-laden 20-year career to take up a media role.

The 1998 World Cup winner, 37, left New York Red Bulls this month but there was speculation he might choose to play on at another club.

"It has been an incredible journey," he said.

Henry is joining Sky Sports after being a World Cup pundit for the BBC.

The Frenchman, who also played for Juventus, Barcelona and Monaco, scored 175 Premier League goals and is fourth on the list of all-time scorers.

Henry won two Premier League titles and three FA Cups with the Gunners, where he played between 1999 and 2007.

He added the Champions League trophy with Barcelona in 2009 and returned to Arsenal for four matches on loan from the Red Bulls in 2012, coming on as a substitute to score the winner against Leeds in the third round of the FA Cup.

• Like 1

Hoping for an Arsenal win this weekend over Liverpool. If ex-Barca Alexis Sanchez and ex-Man U Danny Welbeck are fired up then the "gunners" are going to rip shit up at Anfield.

alexis-sanchez_3019021b.jpg

Hoping for an Arsenal win this weekend over Liverpool. If ex-Barca Alexis Sanchez and ex-Man U Danny Welbeck are fired up then the "gunners" are going to rip shit up at Anfield.

alexis-sanchez_3019021b.jpg

It's a game Arsenal cannot afford to lose with so much competition for the CL places this season. Draw.

Fan nicked for confronting A Wenger

25 year old v 65 year old ? not fair, then Steve Bould stepped in :D bloke's bottle went :D

_80014820_wengerfan.png

Arsenal are 13/8 to finish outside the top 4. Decent bet and sure to get a run for your money. Their run of CL qualification could end this season.

Arsenal are 13/8 to finish outside the top 4. Decent bet and sure to get a run for your money. Their run of CL qualification could end this season.

Exactly, that was my point earlier about Arsenal being in danger of not qualifying for next year. Something needs to change soon.

Exactly, that was my point earlier about Arsenal being in danger of not qualifying for next year. Something needs to change soon.

Damn it Sissoko to arsenal rumors are spreading, and Tiote..they can have him btw

That would get them throwing their toys out the pram. Hopefully it will happen , bunch of bloody whingers , they make more noise when the games over, than when it's actually on.

• Like 1

Agreed on Sanchez, one of the very few foreign signings Wenger has made in the last ten years that have been any good, certainly superior to Ozil and the useless Arshavin before him.

Seems Sanchez suits the PL.

• Like 1

Agreed on Sanchez, one of the very few foreign signings Wenger has made in the last ten years that have been any good, certainly superior to Ozil and the useless Arshavin before him.

Seems Sanchez suits the PL.

Agreed but I sure miss him in the Blaugrana colours!

159866hp2.jpg

24990BED00000578-2906474-image-m-39_1421

Nice to see the return of Mesut Ozil who showed good form, even though he was only on the pitch for 17 minutes.

249A3BB600000578-2906536-image-a-8_14210

My man Sanchez was on point as usual and I can't say enough good things about him. Following his career since he joined Barcelona, I think Alexis is the real deal and just like his days in Catalan, makes an impact to any match when he's on the pitch. Check out the link to this rather amusing "Daily Mail" article calling him the next Henry for Arsenal. :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2906536/Why-Alexis-Sanchez-Thierry-Henry-Arsene-Wenger-s-Arsenal.html

Congrats to Arsenal 3-0 and sitting comfortably in 5th place 36 points and ready to jump into 4th spot. ;)

Massive game tomorrow! Arsenal vs Manchester City. :)

Arsenal haven't got a good recent record against either Manchester clubs.

I'm going for a city win 2-1 or 3-1

Roy, your probably right but I hope to see an exciting match none the less.

I think you're guaranteed a good game.

( watch it be a 0-0 snooze fest now i've said that)

• Like 1