Sign in to follow this  
GreetingsFromBarcelona

The Arsenal Thread

Don't know how Arsenal got 3 points at Selhurst Park yesterday ,1 point would have been kind to them. One of the best Palace performances this season and we came away with nothing.

Don't know how Arsenal got 3 points at Selhurst Park yesterday ,1 point would have been kind to them. One of the best Palace performances this season and we came away with nothing.

Agreed but that's the thing about Arsenal, you can never count them out plus Giroud has really been delivering the goods over the last 4-5 matches. IMO

_81152736_arsenalcelebrate.jpg

_81154176_oliviergiroud.jpg

_81153126_arsene_wenger.jpg

Say what you will about Wenger but I think he is among the greatest managers of all time. IMO

Once again, Arsenal thoroughly outplayed in the first leg of a Round of 16 CL tie.......why am I not surprised?

You have to wonder what really is the point in arsenal finishing in the top 4 every season? Wenger bangs on about the great record of qualifying every season for 17 years but they've reached one final in that time, and lost that. Their fans must be disillusioned with european football. If they miss the top 4 this season they should seriously try to actually win the europa league next season to restore some confidence.

Once again, Arsenal thoroughly outplayed in the first leg of a Round of 16 CL tie.......why am I not surprised?

You have to wonder what really is the point in arsenal finishing in the top 4 every season? Wenger bangs on about the great record of qualifying every season for 17 years but they've reached one final in that time, and lost that. Their fans must be disillusioned with european football. If they miss the top 4 this season they should seriously try to actually win the europa league next season to restore some confidence.

You definitely make a valid point DTBS and I wonder if perhaps an entire overhaul of Arsenal's methods of the last 10 years might be in order. It looks like they once again will not progress past the Round of 16 in the Champions League considering today's poor performance at home.

Arsenal are in a bigger decline than Liverpool ever were........1 cup in 10 years?

Arsenal are in a bigger decline than Liverpool ever were........1 cup in 10 years?

Fair point, but consistent revenue from Champions League qualification enables the team to buy better players overall than that of LFC.

Not surprised they were lucky at Selhurst, you can't be that bad against Champions league quality finishing.

Fair point, but consistent revenue from Champions League qualification enables the team to buy better players overall than that of LFC.

Not sure this is correct, I would guess that Liverpool have spent much more on players over the last 10 seasons than Arsenal

Their business model is a solid one, but their football model is broken. Surely clubs spend money to win trophies (whether that's self generated or owner provided) and it isn't working. If a confidence crisis now effects their top 4 hopes (which I hope it does) then It may help the club move forward again in the unlikely event of Wenger stepping down or being dismissed.

I remember Stan Collymore talking on the radio maybe 4 years ago, saying unless Wilshere changes his running style as he runs very bow legged on the sides of his feet he is going to suffer ankle injuries all his career................seems he maybe right.

arsenal only 1 point behind abu dhabi city - they may ave 3rd spot locked up

Yeah, GfVBC..... we noticed what you did and I for one am suitably impressed, because I'm pretty sure nobody's ever used that clever phrase before in a headline or anything....

• Like 1

Yeah, GfVBC..... we noticed what you did and I for one am suitably impressed, because I'm pretty sure nobody's ever used that clever phrase before in a headline or anything....

:lol: Touche!

What's Arsenal record win this season ?

whatever it is they will break it this weekend coming up.