Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ukjohnney

U2 tour 2015!!

Going July 22nd, the mortgage will be late. Love the new songs. I will say they were my favorite act until I saw Springsteen. I saw them at Yankee Stadium and they blew me away. Bono was trying to call the President every night and the set-list varied. Bruce amazes me, after 13 shows from the reunion tour onward, he brings the magic every time. There was an excitement to each time I went, even if it was for the same tour. During the 360 tour for U2, the magic was lost for me. I am hope indoor venues bring the magic back. The 360 tour felt like going to the circus, not a rock show. It felt like a show put on for Steve Jobs. This is tough for me to say, due to the love I have for U2. I am bringing my son to his second concert, Bruce was his first. I hope he and I get to see the original energy I fell in love with during the War years.

Just got off the phone with a buddy and the best he could get was $312 / ticket in a second level seat. Insane.

Krist!...I'll wait for the DVD to come out... :wacko:

Just got off the phone with a buddy and the best he could get was $312 / ticket in a second level seat. Insane.

I suppose if these gigs sell out it means U2 have charged as per market demand dictates and that they know what market value their product has.

If they are left with empty seats then they have been too greedy.

I am not a betting man but I think I know what the outcome will be.

Got my ticket last Thursday on a Fan Club Pre-Sale. Great seat for the start of the tour Vancouver May 14th. I'm going to pick up a GA ticket this Monday for the May 15th show. So excited!!! Who is getting tickets here?

I will be trying tomorrow, I think the uk aspect of the internet will probably break at 9am ! Trying to think if the best approach to get a ticket, ie what show and what type of ticket, but will take what I can get!

Se of the package deals and travel packages are amazingly expensive so I won't be going that way!

Badlands have tickets and hotels at £375 each! So for 2 in the same room that's £750, not sure what type of tickets though!

I suppose if these gigs sell out it means U2 have charged as per market demand dictates and that they know what market value their product has.

If they are left with empty seats then they have been too greedy.

I am not a betting man but I think I know what the outcome will be.

No doubt that these shows will sell out instantly. But with things like this the same question always pops up in my head: How many millions more does one actually need?

I went on to Ticketmaster to see if I could get a ticket for the London O2. Had one opportunity for an Upper Tier ticket for 60 odd quid and twice for a lower tier seat for 181 quid.

Outrageous prices. Didn't bother.

Greedy bastards.

I'll get the inevitable DVD / Blue ray when it comes out.

I agree John, not only are the prices outrageous but the method they have done it, by making people join U2.COM for any pre-sale access, at £50 a go.

Would have gone both nights if the prices were more reasonable, got decent tickets for the Saturday night, went back in again and could have got very

similar tickets for the Friday as well, it was at this point with Santa on one shoulder and Scrooge on the other that Scrooge won the day, just a ticket too far I am afraid.

Now had it been Bruce I would never even had heard Scrooge in my ear.

60 quid wasn't too bad but those Upper Tier seats are just way too high up.

Perhaps I should have invested 181 quid on a lower tier seat - they are already going for over a thousand on GetMeIn.

Ridiculous.

I got in and got a red zone ticket for the Thursday at the O2 , was trying for that and ga , had a bit of extra cash at the mo so took the ££££ option as there's just me going! Was easier than I thought.

60 quid wasn't too bad but those Upper Tier seats are just way too high up.

Perhaps I should have invested 181 quid on a lower tier seat - they are already going for over a thousand on GetMeIn.

Ridiculous.

£181 for a seat at a gig, friggin riduculous. And at that shit O2 venue

Drive by Truckers £13 no contest

I got in and got a red zone ticket for the Thursday at the O2

Dare I ask how much a red zone ticket is?

Just tried on axs again and was offered another single red zone ticket at 9:45!

Cost was £220. But don't tell the wife!

Three hours after on sale time, all standing for Friday and Saturday have gone (cheapest tickets so understandable),

Still plenty of seated tickets available for both nights, I suppose eventually they will all go, but I think they have priced themselves

a bit too high or they would all have been gone by now.

Had it been Bruce I think we would be adding nights 3 & 4 by now.

Just tried on axs again and was offered another single red zone ticket at 9:45!

Cost was £220. But don't tell the wife!

:lol:

Not at those prices they wouldn't.

That was one of the points I was trying to make (unsuccessfully it seems)..

Bruce would never have allowed (1) The sale to be conducted in the way it was or

(2) The sky high prices being asked.

Standing - Children under 16 are not permitted in the standing area.

Awesome.........should be enshrined in law

dr winston oboogie, on 08 Dec 2014 - 06:45 AM, said:
HelloNewman, on 08 Dec 2014 - 06:39 AM, said:
dr winston oboogie, on 08 Dec 2014 - 06:06 AM, said:

Bruce would never have allowed (1) The sale to be conducted in the way it was or

Let's be realistic....bruce could never command these prices.

Not that I was really trying, but a quick attempt for U2 tix was pretty unsuccessful. Cheapest option was a "Platinum" ticket for $350. Wouldn't pay that for ANY artist....including Bruce.

dr winston oboogie, on 08 Dec 2014 - 06:45 AM, said:
HelloNewman, on 08 Dec 2014 - 06:39 AM, said:
dr winston oboogie, on 08 Dec 2014 - 06:06 AM, said:

Let's be realistic....bruce could never command these prices.

Not that I was really trying, but a quick attempt for U2 tix was pretty unsuccessful. Cheapest option was a "Platinum" ticket for $350. Wouldn't pay that for ANY artist....including Bruce.

Agree. I wouldn't either. Bruce could probably command those prices if he only toured once every 5 or 6 years, and then with limited dates (U2 has only announced dates in 7 North American markets). Bruce pretty much seems to flood the market with lots of tours and long tours. Hell, I live in a non-core Bruce market and it when a local date is announce, I'm like "ah, shit, gotta see Bruce again" (I exaggerate!). But I don't think Bruce would charge those prices even if he could command them.

Pulled great Loge tickets this morning. $300 each. Screw off, U2. So I tossed them back and pulled lousy nosebleeds for $89 each. Not so bad.

I did get offered lower tier seats at around £100, but I didn't take them. I was after ordinary standing, but although shown as still available, they just weren't showing up in my basket.

I agree John, not only are the prices outrageous but the method they have done it, by making people join U2.COM for any pre-sale access, at £50 a go.

They've been doing it that way for years though, with the fan club. A friend of mine is a long-standing member, she gets all sorts of stuff over the year - special releases, books etc. Reckons she easily gets her money's worth.

Went in and got 2 red zone night 1 GA tickets for the Sunday Bloody Sunday even though I said I wouldn't pay that price. Never seen U2 before and probably never will again. In years to come I will remember the experience not the cost.