Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ukjohnney

U2 tour 2015!!

Is that the I shaped section?

What did it stand for again?

Indifference?

Insignificant?

Intolerable?

Indifference?

Insignificant?

Intolerable?

What's intolerable Growin' Up is you repeatedly trolling on a U2 thread when you "despise" them. If you truly felt contempt or deep repugnance for U2 then you would not venture in for a look. What's insignificant is your childish manner you have about not liking U2, no wonder your profile name is Growin' Up.....perhaps try that. Finally, if you had indifference - or a lack of interest towards U2, then all this sarcastic posting you are doing would be in vain.

See you at the show Growin' Up! ;)

Indifference?

Insignificant?

Intolerable?

What's intolerable Growin' Up is you repeatedly trolling on a U2 thread when you "despise" them. If you truly felt contempt or deep repugnance for U2 then you would not venture in for a look. What's insignificant is your childish manner you have about not liking U2, no wonder your profile name is Growin' Up.....perhaps try that. Finally, if you had indifference - or a lack of interest towards U2, then all this sarcastic posting you are doing would be in vain.

See you at the show Growin' Up! ;)

Idolomania?

Growin' Up, seeing as how you are 30 years old and part of the Millennial Generation, you fall right in line with that cliched attitude that many 30 and under people have about U2.

I hate U2 because of allegations of tax dodging,

I hate U2 because wealthy people aren't allowed to have concerns about poverty,

I hate U2 because it makes me politically minded and puts me on another level of rationality in this dumbed down world of ours,

I hate U2 because they put a free album on my iPhone that I despise more viscerally than any other piece of music ever made,

I hate U2 because complaining about a free U2 album on my phone makes me realize that I suffer from "first world problems" that are actually not important,

I hate U2 because it's cool to do so and all my other Millennial friends feel the same,

I hate U2 but secretly attended the concert at the Millennium Stadium (Cardiff, Wales) back in the summer of 2009......and I loved every minute of it!

(Here's what is going on right now in Growin' Up's head while reading this post)

"Hey guess what, all this complaining about U2 makes me realize I have idolomania for more than just Bruce Springsteen......I actually Love U2"

No need to be so Incandescent. I don;t hate U2 really - the joshua tree is a great album.

I do find them rather comical however; the whole mobile phone waving - bono preaching about saving the poor whilst 4 men on stage try desperately to look cool with an array of backstage computer effects/ sampling going on. I would stay as far away from their concerts as possible.

Still, my opinion is Irrelevant. I hope you enjoy the show and ignore my Irrision.

No need to be so Incandescent. I don;t hate U2 really - the joshua tree is a great album.

I do find them rather comical however; the whole mobile phone waving - bono preaching about saving the poor whilst 4 men on stage try desperately to look cool with an array of backstage computer effects/ sampling going on. I would stay as far away from their concerts as possible.

Still, my opinion is Irrelevant. I hope you enjoy the show and ignore my Irrision.

Well said Growin' Up.....that was an entertaining read. Thanks

Tour starts on Thursday!! Can't wait to see how this pans out!!

I have to wait till October!!

And also, bono has changed his hair colour!! Big news I know!!

Hey greetings, hope you are ready for the tour!

if you can have look how the red zone seems to work then that would be great , although the general excitement might just overwhelm you!!

Enjoy the show!

Hey greetings, hope you are ready for the tour!

if you can have look how the red zone seems to work then that would be great , although the general excitement might just overwhelm you!!

Enjoy the show!

Thanks! Yes the shows are only 3 days away! This will be my 15th time seeing U2 in concert. In 1987, my Dad won a contest through a local radio station to meet the band, see them front row and receive their entire catalog. You can imagine the excitement of a 14 year old fan meeting Bono, Adam, Larry and The Edge before being treated to a front row seat to view a Joshua Tree tour set list of amazing songs :wub: The other memorable U2 show for me, was at Slane Castle, Ireland in 2001. My friend and I were in the heart of the stage and the band surrounded us. The energy that U2 put out performing for a home crowd was monumental!

U2 and Bruce Springsteen are the two greatest live acts I've ever witnessed.

600.jpg

In 1987, my Dad won a contest through a local radio station to meet the band, see them front row and receive their entire catalog. You can imagine the excitement of a 14 year old fan meeting Bono, Adam, Larry and The Edge before being treated to a front row seat to view a Joshua Tree tour set list of amazing songs

Damn! that is a great story. Well done your dad!!

Unfortunately, only one of them has truly captured that energy and brilliance on DVD/Blu-ray.

Their Boston DVD is simply amazing.

Unfortunately, only one of them has truly captured that energy and brilliance on DVD/Blu-ray.

Their Boston DVD is simply amazing.

Agreed. Great DVD. Shame it's not the full show.

I have to admit a total love for the Popmart DVD. The show was in parts daft and pompous but brilliantly entertaining.

There are many things to have a go at U2 for over the last few years, and I often do, but face facts Born to Run fans, Where the streets have no name is the greatest ever stadium anthem:

Scroll forward to 11:22 if you must.

Looks like the choice is pretty much black or white then.

Really want to see how this all pans out , looks like it's gonna be great!

Seen U2 many times...first time back in 1984 for the Unforgettable Fire tour when my brother and I managed to sneak into their show at the Edinburgh Playhouse through the fire exit !...honestly. They are still a great band and second only to Springsteen as the best live act I have ever seen. I have not liked their last few albums, but I saw them in Glasgow a few years ago on the 360 degree stage and it was some show.

Still have not managed to get a ticket for the Glasgow Hydro Arena shows this year, but will keep trying.

Guess he's not great at colouring between the lines either!

U2's show last night was mind blowing and the most visually exciting tour the band has produced since Zoo TV 1992/93! It was a excellent 3 hour show with a nice varied set list covering 8 songs from "Songs Of Innocence", a few rare tracks and of course a lot of their big hits. The lighting effects were incredible and the use of a transparent screen was something I've never seen before in a concert. The band were able to enter the screen and become part of the image! The stage itself stretched from one end of Rogers Arena to the other and had a main stage, b-stage and catwalk that doubled as a third stage. As far as the sound goes, it was the best sound I've ever heard at a concert. It was like listening to their music in my living room on a pair of high-end speakers. This is one of the best tours I have ever watched, I'm very excited to be attending the second show this evening.

Check out Rolling Stone Magazine's Review: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/live-reviews/u2-reinvent-the-arena-show-at-triumphant-innocence-tour-opener-20150515

720x405-473391588.jpg