Greasy Lake Community

Will there be a flood now that the door to the vault has been opened?

Silly me, I ordered the Agora CDs (w/o the download), so I won't be able to really enjoy the show for another couple of weeks. Still, I'm starting to wonder what Bruce's timeline for releasing these shows is. The Agora release took me by surprise coming so soon after the store had opened and so close to Christmas. It made me think that Bruce will release the shows as soon as they're ready. It also made me think that this project is now a priority for him (not ahead of prepping new material, but something that he's actively involved in).

Of course, that got me to wondering how fast those shows are going to be ready. Is it going to be a trickle or a flood? Will he release them in batches? One a month? One every six months?

I know we won't know until we know... but I still wanna know!

I would think we'll get a release from each of the main tours, most likely in order. Can't see another 78 show coming on the back of Agora.

So with my logic a River Tour show should be next. Would like it to be monthly but this is Bruce Inc we are talking about so maybe sometime in 2015.

Main Point 1975 could be a chance though, and I'm ok with that...

miked

My theories are usually flawed..still. I would bet on a River show being next.

miked

If he's gonna release a River show, I hope he starts with the Vietnam Vet show from '81.

A River show next would really ramp up this series in the eyes of the fan base I think. It would satisfy those grumblers who have complained that Agora and The Apollo have only been marginal upgrades on already available bootlegs.

Having said that, I would think the most likely River tour release in the initial stages of this archive program would be a show from which live tracks had already been released. Maybe the NYE 1980 show, or another from that stand. Those shows have circulating soundboards and are some of the best quality River shows out there, but an official release should still be a significant sound quality upgrade.

Vietnam Vets would be the ultimate, though

If they release something really unexpected and sought-after (a River show especially) then demand is likely to be very high, including on physical CDs. Will their production line be able to cope? At present they're struggling to produce and send out what's been released to date. They may have to take on extra staff. :)

Archived