Sign in to follow this  
Joadboy

Andy Murray

...apparently he smashed three racquets on the way to losing (again).

I presume he wont be pointing a racquet towards Natalie Mauresmo this time, on account of there being none-left with-which to point.

If I were him I would just smile, think of his gorgeous English-girlfriend waiting for him in bed, in his lovely English mansion.

They guy has taste, even if he doesn't appear to like it up-him.

Don't agree with the racquet bashing thing, smacks of immaturity to me.

However he is making his way back from injuries hopefully be 100% by June.

He's the only chance we Brits have.

(Apologies Scots)

In Tennis, the mental is (almost) everything.

Unfortunately for him, Andy Murray doesn't have it.

Aye, just the two Slam wins and eight Slam final,oh and an Olympic Gold.
Fucking bottler.
All those previous achievements by Brits far overshadow his megre efforts.
What do you expect from a Hibs fan ......... ;););)

• Like 2

I'm not a big tennis fan but it just seems to me he's competing in an age of all time greats. Federer, Nadal, Djokovich etc. hard to win consistently in that company.

Like being Ricky Hatton with Mayweather and Pac Man in their prime.

• Like 1

Even if he doesn't win another Grand Slam, Andy Murray still is one of the best players of this generation (which is a pretty good achievement in itself). Unfortunately, the guys he's playing against are the all time greats. Today he didn't take his chances (especially in the first set) and then allowed Djokovic to throw him off with all the wobbling and falling over. But all in all, he's in great shape and I think we haven't heard the last of him...

Aye, just the two Slam wins and eight Slam final,oh and an Olympic Gold.

Fucking bottler.

All those previous achievements by Brits far overshadow his megre efforts.

What do you expect from a Hibs fan ......... ;););)

Olympic Gold is the biggest achievement for seeded player than Grand Slam,because there playing TOP- 64

He is without doubt the greatest British Tennis player of all time...he has won two Grand Slam Titles (including Wimbledon) and an Olympic Gold medal. Unfortunately he is around when the sport boasts three of it's greatest ever players in Djocovic, Nadal and the peerless Federer. I'm afraid Andy isn't quite up to the standard of those three. I think he may have another Grand slam Title in him, but time is running out.

He certainly has the good sense to support the right football team.. ;)

He is without doubt the greatest British Tennis player of all time...he has won two Grand Slam Titles (including Wimbledon) and an Olympic Gold medal. Unfortunately he is around when the sport boasts three of it's greatest ever players in Djocovic, Nadal and the peerless Federer. I'm afraid Andy isn't quite up to the standard of those three. I think he may have another Grand slam Title in him, but time is running out.

He certainly has the good sense to support the right football team.. ;)

I think this is certainly true .....although I was unaware he supported Palace , so he has gone up even more in my estimation .

I think there is every chance Murray will win another grand slam maybe 2 at a push. It won't be the French but I can see no reason for not winning any of the others. One thing is certain though , he must sort his head out. He went into complete melt down on Sunday when he looked to be on top at the start of the third set.

Just cos he's Scottish Roy?

Or is it summat more?

Doesn't bother me one way or t'other, like.

I think sporting antipathy between neighbours is healthy.

5 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Just cos he's Scottish Roy?

Or is it summat more?

He, like a lot of Scottish doesn't want England to win anything. I'm just returning the sentiment 

tbh, i don't have any hatred towards him what so ever, I'd actually be huffed if i found a ticket to watch a Tennis match, any Tennis match :lol: I just think he's a prat and I'll not jump on the Andy murray love-in.

quote-i-ll-be-supporting-anyone-but-engl

9k=

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

He, like a lot of Scottish doesn't want England to win anything. I'm just returning the sentiment 

tbh, i don't have any hatred towards him what so ever, I'd actually be huffed if i found a ticket to watch a Tennis match, any Tennis match :lol: I just think he's a prat and I'll not jump on the Andy murray love-in.

quote-i-ll-be-supporting-anyone-but-engl

9k=

Aye, fair enough.Though I take it you know the full story behind the "anyone but England" quote?

13 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

I take it you know the full story behind the "anyone but England" quote?

Nah they just want to be loved.

27 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Aye, fair enough.Though I take it you know the full story behind the "anyone but England" quote?

Yes, i do and speaking of "I do" i do know he married an English lass. :o

14 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Nah they just want to be loved.

"they" 

24 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Hey Roy, guess what.;)

The Queen is very proud of Andy, even Princess Anne is chuffed at seeing him with the Union Jack.

nintchdbpict000256687329.jpg?w=960

Andy crying when he realised the boogie man would see him on the telly with the flag of his Queen 

murray-699992.jpg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

Andy crying when he realised the boogie man would see him on the telly with the flag of his Queen 

murray-699992.jpg

Well Roy, the TV always goes on mute whenever "that" song (dirge) is played, but at three o`clock this morning I did make one exception.

• Like 1

Overnight Andy added to his great legacy, by winning his 600th tour match victory by defeating Kevin Anderson in Cincinnati, of the current players only Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal,Novak Djokovic and David Ferrer have more that 600 tour wins. The most stunning stat is that it only took Andy 116 matches to move from 500-600 wins a magnificent achievement, keep on rolling and making us proud Andy.

Two reasons to try staying awake through the night over the next couple of weeks. I want Andy playing on one screen and Bruce on another, 2 heroes at once!

• Like 1

No complaints about the result tonight, you are still our Great British hero Andy, just a match too far in a long,long season.

A DelPotro/Wawrinka - Djokovic double was a real; big ask....just so proud of what you haqve done for your country.

Judy Murray must be so so proud of her two boys they have done their parents proud, at this time between them they are Wimbledon Champion, Olympic Champion, hold 2 of the 4 Major Doubles titles and of course won the Davis Cup for their country and are current holders, I hope she overcomes the planning permission problems for her sports centre near Dunblane, she would undoubtly make a success of it and it would be a real fitting legacy for what the family have done for their country.

This weeekend sees this years Davis Cup semi-final against Argentina, so Andy and Jamie are just two ties away from retaining the trophy last won in 1936 a fantastic achievement, best of luck Friday,Saturday and Sunday boys.

• Like 1

I don't understand why people don't like him. I think he's a brilliant sportsman and comes across as a really nice bloke. Not everyone has a celebrity personality - I'd rather him hit the tennis ball really well rather than make a witty remark on the telly.

And I don't care if he's a bit anti English either, which he's not, apparently. But even if he was, so what? 

• Like 1